Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 392

Thread: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

  1. #331
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post

    1.We know Algore is a Master Snake Oil Salesman...
    He is indeed and a very good one.

    After losing the election to Bush he disappeared from public view for a while , grew a beard, and during that period came up with the global warning scam, 'the world is coming to an end and only I could save it' schtick. At $250,000 a speech.

    This is an audacity of the highest order and on that level it was an amazing feat. Of course he knows his gullible liberal audience well and no doubt took that into account.

    Give the man some credit. He thought big, like Bernie Madoff, but did nothing illegal. Of course there is the morality part we would have to ignore but I doubt Big Al is very worried about that.

  2. #332
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    And like Joe McCarty...who didn't believe in the First Amendment...well, IMHO, too bad for those who think censorship and controlling freedom of speech in the press is the answer. At the very least, such censorship is a deadly course of action.
    Please show where Joe McCarthy didn't believe in the first amendment.

  3. #333
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,528

    Re: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Please show where Joe McCarthy didn't believe in the first amendment.
    You might want to read the following short article:

    The Destruction of Joe McCarthy

    McCarthy pretty much believed that the First Amendment was only privy to him.

  4. #334
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    You might want to read the following short article:

    The Destruction of Joe McCarthy

    McCarthy pretty much believed that the First Amendment was only privy to him.
    The article you submitted tends to praise McCarthy and now you say he "pretty much believed" that the Second Amendment was only privvy to him?

    This is opinion only and not based on fact. There is no figure in American history more misunderstood than Joe McCarthy and many feel free to malign him at will, and usually without evidence or justification.

  5. #335
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,528

    Re: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    The article you submitted tends to praise McCarthy and now you say he "pretty much believed" that the Second Amendment was only privvy to him?

    This is opinion only and not based on fact. There is no figure in American history more misunderstood than Joe McCarthy and many feel free to malign him at will, and usually without evidence or justification.
    The "Second Amendment"?

  6. #336
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    The "Second Amendment"?
    Excuse me. Of course I meant the First Amendment.

    Can you respond to that?

  7. #337
    Sit Nomine Digna
    Carjosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,202

    Re: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    He is indeed and a very good one.

    After losing the election to Bush he disappeared from public view for a while , grew a beard, and during that period came up with the global warning scam, 'the world is coming to an end and only I could save it' schtick. At $250,000 a speech.

    This is an audacity of the highest order and on that level it was an amazing feat. Of course he knows his gullible liberal audience well and no doubt took that into account.

    Give the man some credit. He thought big, like Bernie Madoff, but did nothing illegal. Of course there is the morality part we would have to ignore but I doubt Big Al is very worried about that.
    Al Gore created global warming? Ever here of the hockey stick graph?

  8. #338
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,528

    Re: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Excuse me. Of course I meant the First Amendment.

    Can you respond to that?
    Sure...history of McCarthy actions...says it all!

  9. #339
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

    Quote Originally Posted by 0bserver92 View Post
    Al Gore created global warming? Ever here of the hockey stick graph?
    You mean the one that proved to be a fake? Of course I've heard of it. It's notorious.

    In fact the guy who invented it, who also falsely claims to be a Nobel Prize winner, may soon have to defend his findings in the courts.

  10. #340
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    Sure...history of McCarthy actions...says it all!
    No, in fact it says nothing. You don't know and you should just admit it rather than pretending.

Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •