Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 392

Thread: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

  1. #321
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,089

    Re: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

    Quote Originally Posted by shanners View Post
    Good points. Still, ALJ was the only major network that covered the third party debate during the recent presidential election (unless you want to say C-Span is a major network) while Fox, CNN, BBC all ignored it.
    The BBC covered it.... not as much as AL J, but it did cover it.
    PeteEU

  2. #322
    Sage
    RGacky3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Seen
    08-25-15 @ 05:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,570

    Re: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    I don't know.

    A cable station owned by two foreign governments.

    What could go wrong?
    I dunno, Ask Fox News.

  3. #323
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:29 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,335
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

    Quote Originally Posted by 0bserver92 View Post
    Al Jazeera English has bought Al Gore's Current TV station in hope of creating an Al Jazeera America network. Article on AJE Here I see this a step in the right direction for AJE as they can have a foothold in American media.
    What does it matter?

    1.We know Algore is a Master Snake Oil Salesman... so his selling to a media empire that is BIGGEST OIL is NO SURPRISE... ROTFLOL... let's see Snakey Algore explain that one. Never mind... he won't have to.

    2. Al Jazeera is a hand-in-glove fit to our current mainstream media. They certainly can't be any more anti-American than the cabal of lunatics and journ-O-lists we have now. Proof you ask?

    Obama's election. How an utter incompetent was shielded for four years and throughout the election. Obama wasn't fit for being president of the Dog Catcher's Union... but now we have him and his Parasite Nation politics thanks to a media that failed to do its job... inform the public.

    Welcome Al Jazeera... you are the perfect buyer and addition to the autobahn of anti-American "journ-O-lism".
    Durka, durka.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  4. #324
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    What does it matter?

    1.We know Algore is a Master Snake Oil Salesman... so his selling to a media empire that is BIGGEST OIL is NO SURPRISE... ROTFLOL... let's see Snakey Algore explain that one. Never mind... he won't have to.

    2. Al Jazeera is a hand-in-glove fit to our current mainstream media. They certainly can't be any more anti-American than the cabal of lunatics and journ-O-lists we have now. Proof you ask?

    Obama's election. How an utter incompetent was shielded for four years and throughout the election. Obama wasn't fit for being president of the Dog Catcher's Union... but now we have him and his Parasite Nation politics thanks to a media that failed to do its job... inform the public.

    Welcome Al Jazeera... you are the perfect buyer and addition to the autobahn of anti-American "journ-O-lism".
    Durka, durka.
    So are you saying a Country should not be concerned about any Foreign entity broadcasting and producing with in its own borders? That they should not have any concern for Propaganda?

  5. #325
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,276

    Re: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Al Jazeera is nothing more than Islamo-Fascist Propaganda
    You really need to stop listening to propaganda and see what they have to offer. Here's a good place to start:

    A Year with Al Jazeera - Programmes - Al Jazeera English

    which is a look at the best of 2012.


    Other interesting programs:

    People & Power - Al Jazeera English

    101 East - Al Jazeera English

    Witness - Al Jazeera English
    We are benefiting from one thing, and that is the attack on the Twin Towers and Pentagon, and the American struggle in Iraq.

    Benjamin Netanyahu, as quoted in Ma'ariv, 16 April, 2008

  6. #326
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,276

    Re: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    The BBC covered it.... not as much as AL J, but it did cover it.
    They may have reported that it happened but they didn't cover it live. I know because I was watching it live on ALJ and flipped over to the other news stations at my disposal, Fox and BBC, to see if they had it. Nope. Whereas ALJ broadcasted the entire debate uninterrupted, all 90 minutes of it.
    We are benefiting from one thing, and that is the attack on the Twin Towers and Pentagon, and the American struggle in Iraq.

    Benjamin Netanyahu, as quoted in Ma'ariv, 16 April, 2008

  7. #327
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,089

    Re: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

    Quote Originally Posted by shanners View Post
    They may have reported that it happened but they didn't cover it live. I know because I was watching it live on ALJ and flipped over to the other news stations at my disposal, Fox and BBC, to see if they had it. Nope. Whereas ALJ broadcasted the entire debate uninterrupted, all 90 minutes of it.
    Oh you meant covered live.. well yea.
    PeteEU

  8. #328
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,276

    Re: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

    Actually I just looked and their 25min summary of that debate is still available:

    The other parties - excluded but not silenced - Inside Story: US 2012 - Al Jazeera English
    We are benefiting from one thing, and that is the attack on the Twin Towers and Pentagon, and the American struggle in Iraq.

    Benjamin Netanyahu, as quoted in Ma'ariv, 16 April, 2008

  9. #329
    Guru
    Ben K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,717

    Re: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

    Quote Originally Posted by shanners View Post
    They may have reported that it happened but they didn't cover it live. I know because I was watching it live on ALJ and flipped over to the other news stations at my disposal, Fox and BBC, to see if they had it. Nope. Whereas ALJ broadcasted the entire debate uninterrupted, all 90 minutes of it.
    Some people probably believe such coverage is anti-American.

  10. #330
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,480

    Re: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben K. View Post
    Some people probably believe such coverage is anti-American.
    And like Joe McCarty...who didn't believe in the First Amendment...well, IMHO, too bad for those who think censorship and controlling freedom of speech in the press is the answer. At the very least, such censorship is a deadly course of action.

Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •