Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 392

Thread: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

  1. #21
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,092

    re: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Did you forget some of their Programming? Recall the Mickey Mouse scenarios that were being ran. School Children's programs with the propaganda concerning the west. It's not all about news in getting this Broadcast.....Correct?
    That was the Hamas tv station...

    BBC NEWS | Middle East | Hamas 'Mickey Mouse' killed off

    get your facts right.
    PeteEU

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    re: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Which Al Jazeera often gave when they could. I dont think you realize how the information got to the channel...



    It is not about the size of the channel.. it is about its slot on cable systems, which is why what Time Warner has done is very damaging.



    Are your kids dumb then?



    LOL how about you start watching the channel before you talk? Al Jazeera are a thorn in the side of Chavez and other governments because it often exposes their corruption and things that they would rather not talk about. South and Central America needs a Spanish version of Al Jazeera that is for sure.
    No My kids are Adults and able to decide to change the channel if they want to. As they usually do, having the Common Sense not to watch things they are not into. So no they are not little kids that have parents that let the TV do the babysitting.

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    re: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    That was the Hamas tv station...

    BBC NEWS | Middle East | Hamas 'Mickey Mouse' killed off

    get your facts right.
    Are you attempting to say Qatar who runs the Show wont have any other Broadcasting?

  4. #24
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,092

    re: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Are you attempting to say Qatar who runs the Show wont have any other Broadcasting?
    Eh? It was a Hamas linked TV station in the Gaza strip that was responsible for what you claim.. has nothing to do with Qatar and Al Jazeera. That is like saying CNN is responsible for Pat Robertson calling for the assassination of world leaders.
    PeteEU

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    re: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Eh? It was a Hamas linked TV station in the Gaza strip that was responsible for what you claim.. has nothing to do with Qatar and Al Jazeera. That is like saying CNN is responsible for Pat Robertson calling for the assassination of world leaders.
    Qatar Controls and Runs Al Jazeera. So again are you saying they wont be looking to bring any other broadcasting but news?

  6. #26
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,092

    re: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Qatar Controls and Runs Al Jazeera. So again are you saying they wont be looking to bring any other broadcasting but news?
    And what does that have to do with Mickey Mouse and a hamas tv station?

    But for the record... Al Jazeera is much much more than 2 news channels. It has movie channels.. 10+ sports channels, children channels, entertainment channels. It carries HBO, Fox News (yes funny I know), Discovery and so on their pay satellite platform and even has a football club. It is in fact a very large media organisation.
    PeteEU

  7. #27
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma approves bigly
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    26,111

    re: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

    Quote Originally Posted by 24107 View Post
    Give it a chance, i think it is unfair to compare Putin to the dictators in the mideast.
    You're right. It is unfair to compare. The leaders of Qatar have never committed genocidal campaigns against their own people and don't routinely assassinate their political critics. I've got nothing against RT, but I wouldn't trust its coverage of Russian or E. European/ME issues one iota.

    I find RT to be honest compared to aljazzera or fox news.
    If you're comparing AJ to Fox, you clearly haven't watched it.
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    re: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    And what does that have to do with Mickey Mouse and a hamas tv station?

    But for the record... Al Jazeera is much much more than 2 news channels. It has movie channels.. 10+ sports channels, children channels, entertainment channels. It carries HBO, Fox News (yes funny I know), Discovery and so on their pay satellite platform and even has a football club. It is in fact a very large media organisation.
    I am not looking at the Specific of the Mickey mouse program.....I was looking at more of the Propaganda against the west with their Related shows. As well as those parents that let the TV do the babysitting.

    Showing what they have with their Network. Including all their Channels. Answers the Questions about the programming.

    Any reason Gore couldn't have sold that to An American owner?

  9. #29
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,092

    re: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    I am not looking at the Specific of the Mickey mouse program.....I was looking at more of the Propaganda against the west with their Related shows. As well as those parents that let the TV do the babysitting.
    LOL great propaganda against the west by buying their movies and tv shows..

    Showing what they have with their Network. Including all their Channels. Answers the Questions about the programming.
    And what answers is that? Please share those answers with us all, because I doubt anyone but you see any answers about their programming (on which channel?)..

    Any reason Gore couldn't have sold that to An American owner?
    cause no one wanted it?
    PeteEU

  10. #30
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,110

    re: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

    Quote Originally Posted by 24107 View Post
    Give it a chance, i think it is unfair to compare Putin to the dictators in the mideast. I find RT to be honest compared to aljazzera or fox news.
    Putin assassinates his political competitors and journolists when he's not jailing people who simply say they don't like him. Putin is a KGB trained terrororist to his own country.

    Poisoning of Alexander Litvinenko
    Jailing Pussy Riot
    Assassination of Anna Politkovskaya
    Last edited by poweRob; 01-03-13 at 10:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •