Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 392

Thread: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

  1. #281
    Sit Nomine Digna
    Carjosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,158

    re: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    I meant your post.
    No I am not a Muslim. Secondly most of the stuff on their homepage when i checked this morning was form Egypt not the Hamas controlled areas, like most other news sites.

  2. #282
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    re: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

    Quote Originally Posted by 0bserver92 View Post
    Well this morning it was and the homepage is almost the same as the world section on CBC or is that the propaganda wing of the Canadian government.
    Saying its the almost the same as the CBC isn't really doing Al Jazeera any favors and although its English news is not heavy with propaganda the Arab version certainly is, and I think we can judge by that where their heart lies.

    Once Al Jazeera English gets a foothold in the western media you can bet it will gradually become more and more similar to Al Jazeera Arab, heavily leaning towards Islamic propaganda. Why else would it exist?

  3. #283
    Sit Nomine Digna
    Carjosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,158

    re: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Saying its the almost the same as the CBC isn't really doing Al Jazeera any favors and although its English news is not heavy with propaganda the Arab version certainly is, and I think we can judge by that where their heart lies.

    Once Al Jazeera English gets a foothold in the western media you can bet it will gradually become more and more similar to Al Jazeera Arab, heavily leaning towards Islamic propaganda. Why else would it exist?
    They wanted to give the Arab opinion on world events and in the process became one of the best all around sources. They are already pretty popular being broadcast in every country but the U.S.. They can't become like the Arab one because it's all Western reporters and Western produced programming.

  4. #284
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,273
    Blog Entries
    1

    re: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Saying its the almost the same as the CBC isn't really doing Al Jazeera any favors and although its English news is not heavy with propaganda the Arab version certainly is, and I think we can judge by that where their heart lies.

    Once Al Jazeera English gets a foothold in the western media you can bet it will gradually become more and more similar to Al Jazeera Arab, heavily leaning towards Islamic propaganda. Why else would it exist?
    Ah yes.

    Grants paranoia about everything muslim.

    There is nothing so precious.

  5. #285
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    re: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

    Quote Originally Posted by 0bserver92 View Post
    They wanted to give the Arab opinion on world events and in the process became one of the best all around sources. They are already pretty popular being broadcast in every country but the U.S.. They can't become like the Arab one because it's all Western reporters and Western produced programming.
    Yes, but I am looking towards the future. There will always be western reporters either sympathetic to the islamic cause or who will be paid enough to broadcast what they are told. But there is no way Al Jazeera will remain neutral in the years to come.

  6. #286
    Sit Nomine Digna
    Carjosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,158

    re: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Yes, but I am looking towards the future. There will always be western reporters either sympathetic to the islamic cause or who will be paid enough to broadcast what they are told. But there is no way Al Jazeera will remain neutral in the years to come.
    They have remained so up to this point. They have a staff of well known non-Islamist journalists, the only way they could be like the Islamic network is if they fired everyone. Then it's not worth watching anymore.

  7. #287
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    re: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

    Quote Originally Posted by 0bserver92 View Post
    They have remained so up to this point. They have a staff of well known non-Islamist journalists, the only way they could be like the Islamic network is if they fired everyone. Then it's not worth watching anymore.
    They may not have to fire everyone, though they might. But I can't see the point of an Islamic network setting out to promote diversity. It's never happened before.

  8. #288
    Sit Nomine Digna
    Carjosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,158

    re: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    They may not have to fire everyone, though they might. But I can't see the point of an Islamic network setting out to promote diversity. It's never happened before.
    Well there has never been a network to do it before.

  9. #289
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,262

    re: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    It's not possible for you to hate him that much. He's White and has an American-sounding name. What more could you want ?
    That's racist.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  10. #290
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    re: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

    Quote Originally Posted by 0bserver92 View Post
    Go to the website right now and pull some Qatari propaganda for me.
    Go to the Website and Pull some Shia Doctrine to show us how Al Jazeera English gives them any sort of platform. Also The Emir of Qatar with the Saudi Prince Owns almost All of Pan Arabic Television.

Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •