Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 392

Thread: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

  1. #201
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,359

    re: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    In that case, Americans must be good at insulting themselves.
    Why do you hate Americans? Is it just so that your AlJ popularity theory works? As much as you apparently love AlJ, I don't think so.


    But let's admit - this is the important part: Your theory about the popularity of AlJ is based on Americans being stupid idiots. Admit that.
    Last edited by ecofarm; 01-04-13 at 07:10 PM.

  2. #202
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: AJE Buys Current TV To Create New American Network

    It's all a moot point. AJE should be more than entitled to have a station to broadcast in America. If carriers don't want to pick it up, fine. If customers don't want to watch it, fine. They have that right, and I have the right to not bother with it.

    Current TV is awful. On Dish Network, it's up there relatively high, pretty close to Blaze TV (which is essentially a Glenn Beck tribute station). Both Blaze and Current are just completely, completely awful. Their existence doesn't bother me any because they're both joke stations.

    The reason I hate Current TV more than Blaze is because they gave a voice to arguably the woman I despise the most - Jennifer Granholm.

  3. #203
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    10-10-16 @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,073

    Re: AJE Buys Current TV To Create New American Network

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    (bold and underline mine)

    Do you believe this about yourself as well? If not, why do you think Americans are stupid idiots?
    Because, there are still many right wingers among the American population, and it's well known that the right does not draw conclusions based on facts, but rather on prejudices.

    The big deal the right made about Obama's name, among other things, is proof of that.

    Once we upgrade this segment of the population to our level, then things will change. Until then, Al Jazeera needs to modify Current TV's name and colors if it wants to win over the US.

    All the journalists on the channel need to be White people, or mostly Whites with some Blacks and Japanese/Korean/Chinese, and all should have American-sounding names and accents. And the name of the station should be something like "American Christian News Network." No one on the station should be allowed to wear a turban--if this happens, Americans (again, the right wing) will dismiss the station as a terrorist network and never watch it again.

  4. #204
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    10-10-16 @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,073

    re: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Why do you hate Americans? Is it just so that your AlJ popularity theory works? As much as you apparently love AlJ, I don't think so.


    But let's admit - this is the important part: Your theory about the popularity of AlJ is based on Americans being stupid idiots. Admit that.
    Al Jazeera has near-zero popularity in the US.

  5. #205
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    re: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Well, if someone was all "The Christian Science Monitor" is just as objective as the mainstream news sources and it would be accepted were it not for "Christian" in the name!


    1. We should first the claim that the US public relies mostly on name in choosing news sources. That's an insult, even to stupid people.
    2. One must wonder, 'is the person making this claim a Christian'.


    Note: It's also possible for a Che t-shirt and/or a CT person to support AlJ. I was just asking a question to narrow the possibilities.
    1) I'm not sure an carries such religious connatations in it's name

    2 do you think mbig or Sherman are stealth jihadists?

  6. #206
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,359

    Re: AJE Buys Current TV To Create New American Network

    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    Because, there are still many right wingers among the American population, and it's well known that the right does not draw conclusions based on facts, but rather on prejudices.
    I'm pretty sure that your argument was Americans, and particularly the right wing.


    At any rate, your position is based on hatred.

  7. #207
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,359

    re: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    1) I'm not sure an carries such religious connatations in it's name

    2 do you think mbig or Sherman are stealth jihadists?
    1. Even though I'm an American (and I realise that this is beyond the comprehension of most), I do not base my conclusiosn on names. In fact, as Hollywood put it, ~"This is America, names don't mean anything".

    2. Name dropping, that's your debate point? You must be American.

  8. #208
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    10-10-16 @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,073

    Re: AJE Buys Current TV To Create New American Network

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    I'm pretty sure that your argument was Americans, and particularly the right wing.


    At any rate, your position is based on hatred.
    Ah, evidence is not hatred. . .

    Ellison's post-election celebration was marred when CNN's Glenn Beck confronted him on air, demanding that he prove that he wasn't working with the terrorists.

    First Muslim Congressman to Swear Oath on Koran - Yahoo! Voices - voices.yahoo.com

  9. #209
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,359

    re: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    Al Jazeera has near-zero popularity in the US.
    AlJ has near-zero popularity in the educated world.

  10. #210
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,359

    Re: AJE Buys Current TV To Create New American Network

    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    Ah, evidence is not hatred. . .
    You claim Americans, and especially the right wing, are morons. That's hatred, based on a group. Do you believe the same about Israelis or Jews? Of course you do. Why?
    Last edited by ecofarm; 01-04-13 at 07:32 PM.

Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •