Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 234

Thread: Fiscal Cliff Bill Passes[W: 110]

  1. #151
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,738

    Re: Fiscal Cliff Bill Passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Whipsnade View Post
    In Obamas 2010 budget,( BO's first)spending was $3.46 trillion. In 2012, spending is set to rise 0.7% to $3.63 trillion. the 2009 budget is the Bush budget, with spending going from $2.98 trillion to $3.52 trillion.

    CBO | The Budget and Economic Outlook: Fiscal Years 2012 to 2022
    Once again the revised 2009 budget with an additional 400 billion was not signed by Bush. It was signed by Obama. The additional money from the stimulus in some cases added to the baseline budget numbers. Obama was all for the increases that occurred in the 2009 budget. I really wish liberals would stop trying to pretend they were not responsible for the increases when they wanted what was agreed to and would have went for more if they thought it would have passed. Its a farce.

  2. #152
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,747

    Re: Fiscal Cliff Bill Passes

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    This is why I voted for Obama....

    You can't give Obama, Bush, or even the Man in the Moon credit for that. This is the market itself, rebounding after the correction. Happens in every recession. The market goes bust, then recovers, no matter what politicians do. Yes, 12 million jobs will be created in the next couple of years. Obama will take credit for it, but he doesn't deserve it. Romney didn't lie either, when he promised to create 12 million jobs. He just stretched the truth, as Obama will undoubtedly do. The market will create those jobs, in spite of Washington, not because of it.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  3. #153
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: Fiscal Cliff Bill Passes

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    Once again the revised 2009 budget with an additional 400 billion was not signed by Bush. It was signed by Obama. The additional money from the stimulus in some cases added to the baseline budget numbers. Obama was all for the increases that occurred in the 2009 budget. I really wish liberals would stop trying to pretend they were not responsible for the increases when they wanted what was agreed to and would have went for more if they thought it would have passed. Its a farce.
    Who was president when this fiscal year began?

    <The U.S. federal government's fiscal year begins on October of the previous calendar year and ends on 30 September of the year with which it is numbered>

    <The United States federal budget for fiscal year 2009 began as a spending request submitted by President George W. Bush to the 110th Congress. The final resolution was approved by the House on June 5, 2008.]>
    Last edited by Donc; 01-02-13 at 09:31 PM.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  4. #154
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Fiscal Cliff Bill Passes[W: 110]

    Meanwhile Hollywood gets their tax break, meant to encourage filming in the US, extended for another year costing the gov't $430 mil in revenue. I wonder how that happened?
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  5. #155
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Fiscal Cliff Bill Passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Travis007 View Post
    tell that to the obama loser , who doesnt work nor care to.. the losere class Obama is working to push well greater then 51% of trhe population..

    Obama is a plaague.... a total disaster and the idiots in society cant even add...
    If you it only on one side, you're part of the problem.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #156
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Fiscal Cliff Bill Passes

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    It's obvious that the rich have not been paying very much since the 1980's. Their net wealth has quintupled while our debt has tripled. You don't see that as a problem?
    No, of course not. The rich have not been increasing the debt, the government has. If a government can't learn to live within its means then, like any organization, they should be replaced.

    But the majority of the American electorate apparently don't mind being trillions of dollars in debt, where the slightest increase in interest rates will quicken the pace of decline and where the only remedy is a sudden stop. People will always have to pay for their ignorance.

  7. #157
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,738

    Re: Fiscal Cliff Bill Passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Whipsnade View Post
    Who was president when this fiscal year began?

    <The U.S. federal government's fiscal year begins on October of the previous calendar year and ends on 30 September of the year with which it is numbered>

    <The United States federal budget for fiscal year 2009 began as a spending request submitted by President George W. Bush to the 110th Congress. The final resolution was approved by the House on June 5, 2008.]>
    And the Congress took that request and increased spending by several hundred billion and then submitted it for signature to Obama on his 2nd day in office. Which was my point. Which you could have found out if you werent too busy trying to pass blame than acknowledge reality.

    Dems wanted those increases and more, they just didnt want the blame for the spending.

  8. #158
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,369

    Re: Fiscal Cliff Bill Passes

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    And the Congress took that request and increased spending by several hundred billion and then submitted it for signature to Obama on his 2nd day in office. Which was my point. Which you could have found out if you werent too busy trying to pass blame than acknowledge reality.

    Dems wanted those increases and more, they just didnt want the blame for the spending.
    Even though I've already posted you a link to the CATO Institute you just won't give up on this. Bush ramped up the spending every year leading to the 2009 deficit.
    Here's yet another Right wing think tank who also agrees the deficits were "baked in the cake" before Obama even took office.
    The fact that this comes as some kind of shock to you makes it clear you haven't examined the economic policies of all GOP Presidents since Reagan. They leave HUGE defcits.

    Having said that, it is impossible to look at the chart and not to see a large ramp up in outlays under George W. Bush — the president who reversed the direction of federal outlays, which had been falling. Indeed, it is perfectly reasonable to argue that much of the responsibility for 2009’s 25.2 percent rests with President Bush, and not with President Obama; in January 2009, before President Obama took office, the CBO released its forecast that fiscal year 2009 would see outlays of 24.9 percent of GDP based on pre-Obama policies.

    Yep, Obama's a Big Spender...Just Like His Predecessors - Forbes

  9. #159
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,369

    Re: Fiscal Cliff Bill Passes

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    You can't give Obama, Bush, or even the Man in the Moon credit for that. This is the market itself, rebounding after the correction. Happens in every recession. The market goes bust, then recovers, no matter what politicians do. Yes, 12 million jobs will be created in the next couple of years. Obama will take credit for it, but he doesn't deserve it. Romney didn't lie either, when he promised to create 12 million jobs. He just stretched the truth, as Obama will undoubtedly do. The market will create those jobs, in spite of Washington, not because of it.
    Thanks for the pontification but the chart was meant to show the comparative growth rates of the U.S. and our major trading partners in Europe. It shows quite clearly that Obama's policies have done far better than the "austerity" the conservative govts. in Europe pursued. In fact, the deep cuts in spending short circuited their recoveries and put many of them back in recession.
    Romney would have had to break a 100 year "curse" of Republican Presidents to make good on his employment pledge. Every single newly elected GOP President has had a recession in his 1st term throughout the ENTIRE 20th and 21th century. I'm glad we didn't decide to take that chance.

  10. #160
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,738

    Re: Fiscal Cliff Bill Passes

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    Even though I've already posted you a link to the CATO Institute you just won't give up on this. Bush ramped up the spending every year leading to the 2009 deficit.
    Here's yet another Right wing think tank who also agrees the deficits were "baked in the cake" before Obama even took office.
    The fact that this comes as some kind of shock to you makes it clear you haven't examined the economic policies of all GOP Presidents since Reagan. They leave HUGE defcits.




    Yep, Obama's a Big Spender...Just Like His Predecessors - Forbes
    So what you will have to convince me of, is that dems didnt want to increase spending. You will also have to convince me that Obama didnt vote or support the same spending levels he signed when he came into office.

    Thats the passive agressive of the liberal argument on budgeting: they want spending increases, but they dont want the responsibility for them. Who had control of the house and senate? Who passed the budget? Who increased the budget Bush submitted by 400 billion? Who signed that budget?

    Appeals to authority where you let someone else do your thinking for you arent going to sway me. Quit trying to frame the debate and try answering the questions Im asking. That will give you answers you dont like so your interest in answering them is pretty low.

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •