Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 234

Thread: Fiscal Cliff Bill Passes[W: 110]

  1. #111
    Sage



    Jack Fabulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    midwest
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,706
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Fiscal Cliff Bill Passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Whipsnade View Post
    In Obamas 2010 budget,( BO's first)spending was $3.46 trillion. In 2012, spending is set to rise 0.7% to $3.63 trillion. the 2009 budget is the Bush budget, with spending going from $2.98 trillion to $3.52 trillion.

    CBO | The Budget and Economic Outlook: Fiscal Years 2012 to 2022
    The part you are missing is that the 2009 budget included TARP. Which we were sold as a "one time expense". Funny how that one time expense managed to dig it's way into the baseline that has been used every year since.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.

  2. #112
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Fiscal Cliff Bill Passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Whipsnade View Post
    I would think that states that put MORE into our treasury(tax money)than they gain is pretty good for our NATION.
    Obviously you and I see the "general welfare" clause VERY differently. Considering that, there's really no point in continuing that conversation with you. Have a very nice afternoon, sir.

  3. #113
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,274

    Re: Fiscal Cliff Bill Passes[W: 110]

    Quote Originally Posted by Whipsnade View Post
    Keynesian economics rocks.
    In your head, yes. In actuallity it doesn't work.

    It's one of those concepts that only work in a vacuum or the isolated hypotheticals of a University classroom.

    In the real world where our economy is global and any borrowed money redistributed just gets sent to China because we have almost no manufacturing base its a joke and doesn't work.

    Am I to understand that its archaic beginings are lost on you completly ?

  4. #114
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: Fiscal Cliff Bill Passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Whipsnade View Post
    I'll add my 2c for what it's worth. The reason that Obama didn't add any “spending-related savings“ to the fiscal cliff negotiations (other than he didn't have to) was he wanted to keep his powder dry for the negotiations that follows.The debt limit hostage taking.
    The Obamaphones are who is holding the country hostage

  5. #115
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: Fiscal Cliff Bill Passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    Obviously you and I see the "general welfare" clause VERY differently. Considering that, there's really no point in continuing that conversation with you. Have a very nice afternoon, sir.
    Yea like the Founding Fathers envisioned a massive Marxist welfare state or something

    Logic and Progressives don't mix. It's like oil and water.

  6. #116
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Last Seen
    01-27-13 @ 12:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    439

    Re: Fiscal Cliff Bill Passes

    Quote Originally Posted by AliHajiSheik View Post
    Do you really only see hypocrisy from one side and not all sides? Or do you see it, but it isn't laughable from your side?
    No! I do not but when someone has the nerve to say "Obama wants total control of the debt ceiling" Without even acknowledging the fact that this was a Republican idea is flat out insanity. I see hypocracy from both sides. However, over the last couple of years it has been Republicans with the most egg on their face. For many years I watched Republicans not give a damn about the debt problem. Only when then they went out of power did the radicals come out of the wood work on fiscal and social issues. Then on top of that they sign a pledge to a non elected person on taxes? The republicans hand in the dept problem is fact but those that created the problem not only get a pass but are praised? Tell me how anyone with any amount of rationality cannot see the hypocrisy in that. I find a majority of the Republican party flat discusting.

  7. #117
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NY
    Last Seen
    04-17-14 @ 12:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    503

    Re: Fiscal Cliff Bill Passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    The GENERAL WELFARE of the NATION. That means, if it isn't in the best interst of ALL Americans (not just some group of Americans), it isn't an appropriate use of power. Just as there should have been no monies for Hurricane Katrina, the earthquakes in California, the Mississippi River floods, etc....
    Or even a FEMA

  8. #118
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,377

    Re: Fiscal Cliff Bill Passes

    Quote Originally Posted by TaraAnne View Post
    No! I do not but when someone has the nerve to say "Obama wants total control of the debt ceiling" Without even acknowledging the fact that this was a Republican idea is flat out insanity. I see hypocracy from both sides. However, over the last couple of years it has been Republicans with the most egg on their face. For many years I watched Republicans not give a damn about the debt problem. Only when then they went out of power did the radicals come out of the wood work on fiscal and social issues. Then on top of that they sign a pledge to a non elected person on taxes? The republicans hand in the dept problem is fact but those that created the problem not only get a pass but are praised? Tell me how anyone with any amount of rationality cannot see the hypocrisy in that. I find a majority of the Republican party flat discusting.
    You say that because one person tried a political stunt that it was an entire party's idea? You can make up a hodge podge of opinions based upon what single individuals say. We know you consider the Republican party is discusting(sic), you post it every chance you get. Try having a conversation instead of a soliloquy. If all you see is us and them, I think you find your "us" group to be smaller and smaller.

  9. #119
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Fiscal Cliff Bill Passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Yea like the Founding Fathers envisioned a massive Marxist welfare state or something

    Logic and Progressives don't mix. It's like oil and water.
    Just as the feds abused the Commerce Clause in order to gain more power in Washington (and remove it from the States), so will a pliant Congress " pass the bill so you can find out what's in it" and have a President rule by executive order and secret czars working in back rooms, like elves in Santa's workshop, creating ever more laws, rules and regulations wherein Washington, and the presidency, gain ever greater power.

    While the Democrats may like the idea that their man has much greater power than his predecessors and can govern without much opposition, it also sets the stage for any President down the road to create greater power for himself.

    Like Egypt, the American people will eventually be voting in their own dictator.

  10. #120
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NY
    Last Seen
    04-17-14 @ 12:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    503

    Re: Fiscal Cliff Bill Passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Just as the feds abused the Commerce Clause in order to gain more power in Washington (and remove it from the States), so will a pliant Congress " pass the bill so you can find out what's in it" and have a President rule by executive order and secret czars working in back rooms, like elves in Santa's workshop, creating ever more laws, rules and regulations wherein Washington, and the presidency, gain ever greater power.

    While the Democrats may like the idea that their man has much greater power than his predecessors and can govern without much opposition, it also sets the stage for any President down the road to create greater power for himself.

    Like Egypt, the American people will eventually be voting in their own dictator.
    They just did lol.

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •