Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 234

Thread: Fiscal Cliff Bill Passes[W: 110]

  1. #101
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: Fiscal Cliff Bill Passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Gawain View Post
    http://www.usnews.com/pubdbimages/im...ing425x283.jpgAttachment 67140242
    When the numbers get that high percentages go down even when spending soars

    In Obamas 2010 budget,( BO's first)spending was $3.46 trillion. In 2012, spending is set to rise 0.7% to $3.63 trillion. the 2009 budget is the Bush budget, with spending going from $2.98 trillion to $3.52 trillion.

    CBO | The Budget and Economic Outlook: Fiscal Years 2012 to 2022
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  2. #102
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,354

    Re: Fiscal Cliff Bill Passes

    Quote Originally Posted by keymanjim View Post
    How is going deeper in debt going to help? That's an expense that will have to paid also.

    And calling L-obama a 'boy' is an accurate description. Since a man lives up to their responsibilities and L-obama doesn't. Whether I look like a racist is irrelevant since i only look that way to brain-dead L-obama sycophants.
    Don't kid yourself, you look that way to anybody with a functioning brain.
    Dont' take my word about the debt ceiling either. Try not paying your bills for a few months and see how much that helps your finances.
    I mean it, put your family where your mouth is or STFU
    Last edited by iguanaman; 01-02-13 at 01:31 PM.

  3. #103
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: Fiscal Cliff Bill Passes

    Quote Originally Posted by amph View Post
    At least something was done, big whoop! I think it may only be conspiracy theory, but the republican shelving of Sandy aid is repugnant and possibly retaliation for the overwhelming support for President Obama by the northeast, even Governor Cristie's appreciation for the president's prompt response. This story the storyline of republicans placing their peculiar ideology ahead of the service they were elected to perform as the major responsibility of their jobs namely to look out for and provide for the general welfare of we the people is really evident.
    That **** started in the Senate and the biggest hypocrite in the Senate is roy blunt(not capped on purpose).That ****ing hypocrite is a Senator from Missouri. his district includes Joplin...he was lining up at the federal tit to get all the aid he could get when a tornado leveled that town.now he votes against aid to our NE section... ****ING HYPOCRITE.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  4. #104
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Fiscal Cliff Bill Passes

    Quote Originally Posted by amph View Post
    At least something was done, big whoop! I think it may only be conspiracy theory, but the republican shelving of Sandy aid is repugnant and possibly retaliation for the overwhelming support for President Obama by the northeast, even Governor Cristie's appreciation for the president's prompt response. This story the storyline of republicans placing their peculiar ideology ahead of the service they were elected to perform as the major responsibility of their jobs namely to look out for and provide for the general welfare of we the people is really evident.
    Actually that was a totally responsible act. They are responsible for the General Welfare of the NATION, not the citizenry. Unfortunately those naive morons did not make that sufficiently clear to the imbeciles and brain-dead liberals who currently populate the overwhelming super-majority of this nation these days. Governor Christie should have been run out of office the moment he accepted the least bit of Federal Aid for what is a STATE PROBLEM.

  5. #105
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Fiscal Cliff Bill Passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Whipsnade View Post
    Like i have said in other post we can give up our job as the worlds police force;at least until we get our own house in order, by closing a few unneeded overseas bases.
    That would be a good start, as well as getting the other democracies to contribute more.

  6. #106
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Fiscal Cliff Bill Passes

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    What ever happened to growing the economy and lowering unemployment? That is the ONLY way out of debt. No amount of cuts will fix it untill we are back on our feet.
    How can you possibly get back on your feet by continually borrowing money, spending money, creating new disincentives for business and refusing to present or balance budgets?

  7. #107
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: Fiscal Cliff Bill Passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    Actually that was a totally responsible act. They are responsible for the General Welfare of the NATION, not the citizenry. Unfortunately those naive morons did not make that sufficiently clear to the imbeciles and brain-dead liberals who currently populate the overwhelming super-majority of this nation these days. Governor Christie should have been run out of office the moment he accepted the least bit of Federal Aid for what is a STATE PROBLEM.
    Silly me. i always thought that New York and New Jersey were part of our NATION.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  8. #108
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Fiscal Cliff Bill Passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Whipsnade View Post
    Silly me. i always thought that New York and New Jersey were part of our NATION.
    The GENERAL WELFARE of the NATION. That means, if it isn't in the best interst of ALL Americans (not just some group of Americans), it isn't an appropriate use of power. Just as there should have been no monies for Hurricane Katrina, the earthquakes in California, the Mississippi River floods, etc....

  9. #109
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: Fiscal Cliff Bill Passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    The GENERAL WELFARE of the NATION. That means, if it isn't in the best interst of ALL Americans (not just some group of Americans), it isn't an appropriate use of power. Just as there should have been no monies for Hurricane Katrina, the earthquakes in California, the Mississippi River floods, etc....
    I would think that states that put MORE into our treasury(tax money)than they gain is pretty good for our NATION.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  10. #110
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:50 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Fiscal Cliff Bill Passes

    Moderator's Warning:
    Fiscal Cliff Bill Passes[W: 110]I know it is a heated discussion, but let's knock off any baiting, insults either direct or indirect aimed at each other, and all personal comments. Stick to the topic please. Most of you are fine, it is just a couple going too far.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •