Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 172

Thread: Obama, Republicans reach deal on fiscal cliff; Senate vote expected tonight

  1. #41
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,701

    Re: Obama, Republicans reach deal on fiscal cliff; Senate vote expected tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    You mean the poor; I know plenty of middle-class wage earners who DON'T use federal entitlement programs but could easily qualify yet choose not to because they take personal responsiblity seriously. I'm one such individual. So, again I say "suck it up!" Deal with it! Stop being a corporate welfare moocher and do your part to strengthen the national economy.
    more idiotic mindless blather. You have no idea where I get my income from-you just assume anyone doing better than you gets some sort of handouts, which is crap

    what I do know is that the middle class is indolent and many want more and more government that they want "the rich" to pay for

    its time to cut government spending immensely. Yeah it cold turkey but we have way way too many addicts.

    and if a company fails, let it fail

  2. #42
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,701

    Re: Obama, Republicans reach deal on fiscal cliff; Senate vote expected tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    I don't use any federal entitlement program - not welfare, not Medicaid, not unemployment, I don't live in a HUD home, I pay my own cell phone bill and I have private health insurance. Try laying that guilt trip on somebody else.
    then why do you demand others pay more when they use even less than you do?

  3. #43
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,766

    Re: Obama, Republicans reach deal on fiscal cliff; Senate vote expected tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by Republic Now! View Post
    Repeating the same lie over and over again doesn't suddenly make it true.
    Much like ignoring the truth doesn't ease facts.

  4. #44
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: Obama, Republicans reach deal on fiscal cliff; Senate vote expected tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by Republic Now! View Post
    Well, and spending rates increase with economic growth as well.
    Well, that just obfuscates my point…thx
    "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure" - 2006 Senator Obama...leadership failure indeed!

  5. #45
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,766

    Re: Obama, Republicans reach deal on fiscal cliff; Senate vote expected tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    then why do you demand others pay more when they use even less than you do?
    I didn't demand anything. You're placing your anger in the wrong place. Got a problem with the fiscal cliff deal, write or call Sen. McConnell, VP Biden or your Congressman or Senator.

  6. #46
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,701

    Re: Obama, Republicans reach deal on fiscal cliff; Senate vote expected tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    I didn't demand anything. You're placing your anger in the wrong place. Got a problem with the fiscal cliff deal, write or call Sen. McConnell, VP Biden or your Congressman or Senator.
    I am responding to your idiotic assertion that I just ought to roll over and agree to more tax hikes.
    I am asking why-if you really are a net tax payer-why you want other people to pay more

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Last Seen
    01-27-13 @ 12:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    439

    Re: Obama, Republicans reach deal on fiscal cliff; Senate vote expected tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    extending the 10 year tax rates permanently would grow the economy far more than any so called deal even if it causes the Clown in Chief to lose face.

    you are right, the best way to solve the deficit is NOT to give the government more money through tax increase but from increased revenue due to the economy growing
    Please prove this with facts consdiering we have had the same tax rates for ten years and no job increase actually I believe Bush 2 had a net 0 gain on jobs. Plus doubling the debt. I am just trying really hard to find any facts on this. Unless it a paid for Republican study? I have a problem with the deal because taxes should be raised on everyone. Military should be cut and some cuts in welfare and some other social services. Plus end corporate welfare and end loopholes. Thats how you get the debt down everyone going to have to take a little bit of a bruise. However, I do not think either party wants to do this.

  8. #48
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,766

    Re: Obama, Republicans reach deal on fiscal cliff; Senate vote expected tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    more idiotic mindless blather. You have no idea where I get my income from-you just assume anyone doing better than you gets some sort of handouts, which is crap
    Talk about the pot calling the kettle black! You made the same accusation against me without knowing how I make a living. I just threw your same BS right back at you. If you can't take it, don't make wild, unsubstantiated accusations.

  9. #49
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,701

    Re: Obama, Republicans reach deal on fiscal cliff; Senate vote expected tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by TaraAnne View Post
    Please prove this with facts consdiering we have had the same tax rates for ten years and no job increase actually I believe Bush 2 had a net 0 gain on jobs. Plus doubling the debt. I am just trying really hard to find any facts on this. Unless it a paid for Republican study? I have a problem with the deal because taxes should be raised on everyone. Military should be cut and some cuts in welfare and some other social services. Plus end corporate welfare and end loopholes. Thats how you get the debt down everyone going to have to take a little bit of a bruise. However, I do not think either party wants to do this.
    if we had jacked taxes up or kept the clinton tax hikes in place when Bush came into office what do you think would have happened to the post 9-11 economy

    and why did obumble adopt the bush tax rates

    Obummer's job increase was far worse than Bush's

    and giving the government more money is just plain idiotic

  10. #50
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,701

    Re: Obama, Republicans reach deal on fiscal cliff; Senate vote expected tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    Talk about the pot calling the kettle black! You made the same accusation against me without knowing how I make a living. I just threw your same BS right back at you. If you can't take it, don't make wild, unsubstantiated accusations.
    we do know that you want people wealthier than you to pay more

    so if you aren't sucking from the public tit, then why do you want others to have to put more milk in that tit

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •