Page 7 of 58 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 575

Thread: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

  1. #61
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    Because they don't work. None of the "aids" have over a 10% success rate. Can you imagine a birth control method that unreliable?
    Oh wait... that would be the "rhythm method"
    I've heard Chantix works well. IDK.

  2. #62
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,847

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    IMO... if companies don't want these so-called conflicts of interest to their religious beliefs regarding this healthcare law, then they should strongly back a medicaid for all bill that would pull healthcare completely out of the hands of companies. Voila, we get the healthcare coverage and companies can go about their biz without being concerned about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  3. #63
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,551

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    Nope that does not make any sense either. HC coverage is a benefit of being employed, the same as a salary is. The employee is working for those benefits, they are not gifts from the employer.
    Wrong again. Health care is not the same as taxable income offered in exchange for labor, and HC used to be voluntary prior to PPACA. The only alternative for the employer is to pay a fine, instead of continuing this gov't altered employee benefit (or adding it). The employer is thus forced to do something new, and against their relgious teachings/beliefs, in this case.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  4. #64
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Then I'm sure you'll support companies being able to remove cancer treatment from their insurance plans, why should they have to pay for their employee's private smoking, drinking and other lifestyle choices?
    They already can somewhat. Companies can require their employees to be non-smoking and can even restrict by contract "extreme" activities. Insurance policies certainly can already. Actuaries have been doing this forever.

    Just wait until you're 55 and you get your first car insurance bill.

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    IMO... if companies don't want these so-called conflicts of interest to their religious beliefs regarding this healthcare law, then they should strongly back a medicaid for all bill that would pull healthcare completely out of the hands of companies. Voila, we get the healthcare coverage and companies can go about their biz without being concerned about it.
    So basically we go from mandating people cover peoples asses to paying for their ass. Yeah, that is just a horrible compromise.

  6. #66
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,847

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    So basically we go from mandating people cover peoples asses to paying for their ass. Yeah, that is just a horrible compromise.
    I'm sorry you see the improvment of the health of your country as an abomination.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  7. #67
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:38 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,397

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    1) Freedom of religion doesn't mean freedom to impose your religious views on others. Your freedom of religion stops where my own freedom of religion begins.
    So, you want me to forgo my religion by supporting something that I find unethical and morally repugnant so you can have your religion enforced. Got it.

    That's the problem with statements like that... "You <whatever> ends where my <whatever> begins"... they assume there is a distinct and defined boundary separating the two, when in fact there is overlap. Yet we expect our side of the overlap to take precedence. Hypocrisy.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  8. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    But they don't. Deal with it. These are the plans that are available. Pick one. An employer should no more be able to pick and choose whether contraceptive coverage is available than they should be able to cover whether lung cancer treatment is available.
    You provide your labor and as a result you get paid for such labor.

    Where does healthcare come into the equation there? Did I miss a step? Why are they obligated to cover any of that stuff?

  9. #69
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    I'm sorry you see the improvment of the health of your country as an abomination.
    Yawn..

    I see no justification for force here.

  10. #70
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,619

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Don't people own that corporation? Are there those still trying to sell the idea that corporations aren't made up of people?
    I'd say Corporations are people but most of the people have no say in corporate policy. Corporations are not people in that it is some communal organization where all get a vote. Armies are people however privates are rarely asked their opinion.

    I see the religion dodge as bogus, The CEO isn't providing anything past a health plan. He doesn't dole out Preg-not like a Priest at Communion. He doesn't have to force his family to use it. I don't think he would want to know what a secret poll of his employees would say.

    The law of our land says many things an employer has fought hard against. From an 8 hour day to safety mats in doorways. There is a difference between religious beliefs and secular law. Sects of the Mormon Church practice a form of Pedophilia, multiple wives, and welfare fraud... their religious beliefs don't trump secular law.

    Let 'em stay 'true' to their beliefs, just pay the fines.

Page 7 of 58 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •