Page 44 of 58 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
Results 431 to 440 of 575

Thread: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

  1. #431
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    That's not true Guy. What the heck did you think the mandate debate was all about? At some point a fine will be associated for not being insured.
    No, it's a tax that you can get a credit on if you buy insurance. Why on earth is this so hard to understand? It is partisan hackery (refusing to admit that it's constitutoonal just because you dont like it, ie dishonesty) or sheer stupidity (an inability to understand the distinction between being forced to buy something and getting a tax credit for buying something)?

    Either way I am very tired of explain this very simple stuff.
    Last edited by Guy Incognito; 01-02-13 at 02:16 PM.

  2. #432
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    the problem is that everyone has hc coverage in the emergency room and alot aren't paying for it. The govt. Is saying you have to pay for something you already have. i know you think we should all have free hc but it is just not practical. your "pie in the sky" thinking has made us broke.
    wtf??

  3. #433
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    No, it's a tax that you can get a credit on if you buy insurance. Why on earth is this so hard to understand? It is partisan hackery (refusing to admit that it's constitutoonal just because you dont like it, ie dishonesty) or sheer stupidity (an inability to understand the distinction between being forced to buy something and getting a tax credit for buying something)?

    Either way I am very tired of explain this very simple stuff.
    Because it's a distinction without a difference. We've already settled whether the mandate is constitutional - it is according to the SCOTUS, and thus operationally, it is constitutional. Doesn't make it right.

    Back to the thread topic, HL is doing nothing wrong here. They are asking for an exemption based upon what they perceive as their First Amendment right. Their case I believe is bolstered by the fact that others are given exemptions for lesser (non-constitutional guarantee) reasons.

    Also, as I've stated, I believe they have a cause of action because the service at issue here is and has always been, voluntary and separate from health care.
    Last edited by clownboy; 01-02-13 at 02:56 PM.

  4. #434
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    They're being tild that they have to go against those beliefs and pay for it with their money. It's a violation of the 1st Amendment that guarantees the free practice of religion. Hell, even the army allows conciencious objection.
    nope they arent being told to go against their beliefs, they are free to practice their beliefs for themselves all they want.
    Theres no violation of their religion at all because their religious freedom does NOT allow them to impose their religions on others outside of the religious realm. They have ZERO authority outside the religious realm in THIS case. No violation at all. The violation is them trying to impose thier religion on others because they ADMITTED making a choice solely based on their religion.

    Just like St Lukes hospital couldn't deny visitation rights to husband/wife that were not married per the religion of the hospital. If the owner, ceo, administration of the hospital doesnt believe the couple is married in their religious views they have zero rights to stop the wife/husband from visitation, why? because a hospital has nothing to do with religion and has to play by the same rules as everyone else.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #435
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    nope they arent being told to go against their beliefs, they are free to practice their beliefs for themselves all they want.
    Theres no violation of their religion at all because their religious freedom does NOT allow them to impose their religions on others outside of the religious realm. They have ZERO authority outside the religious realm in THIS case. No violation at all. The violation is them trying to impose thier religion on others because they ADMITTED making a choice solely based on their religion.

    Just like St Lukes hospital couldn't deny visitation rights to husband/wife that were not married per the religion of the hospital. If the owner, ceo, administration of the hospital doesnt believe the couple is married in their religious views they have zero rights to stop the wife/husband from visitation, why? because a hospital has nothing to do with religion and has to play by the same rules as everyone else.
    They're being forced to directly participate in something they consider to be immoral. So, no, they're not being allowed to practice their beliefs as they wish.

    It would be the same thing as a soldier being denied his right to concienciously object to killing people, for religious reasons. That soldier wouldn't denied to practice his religion freely.

    In short, when you force someone to use their own money to pay for contraceptives and they believe it goes against their religious beliefs, then you are most certainly violating their constitutional rights.

    The arguments that have been put forth, so far, is that "you" don't feel that paying for contraceptives is immoral. I'm sorry to tell everyone that they can't use the law to force their beliefs on someone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #436
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    1.)They're being forced to directly participate in something they consider to be immoral. So, no, they're not being allowed to practice their beliefs as they wish.

    2.)It would be the same thing as a soldier being denied his right to concienciously object to killing people, for religious reasons. That soldier wouldn't denied to practice his religion freely.

    3.)In short, when you force someone to use their own money to pay for contraceptives and they believe it goes against their religious beliefs, then you are most certainly violating their constitutional rights.

    The arguments that have been put forth, so far, is that "you" don't feel that paying for contraceptives is immoral. I'm sorry to tell everyone that they can't use the law to force their beliefs on someone else.
    1.) 100% wrong they dont have to run a business and try to force thier views on people its that simply. They have to play by the same rules. They dont get special treatment.
    2.) this is not the same at all since the solder isnt a business providing work to the public and it wouldnt be the solder discriminating
    3.) in short its not because they dont have to run a business if their views are so strict they cant play by public rules, see my hospital example that you conveniently choose to ignore
    4.) wrong again, i never said anything even close to this, its something you made up in attempt to feel right but you are not

    why dont you address my hospital example?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #437
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    1.) 100% wrong they dont have to run a business and try to force thier views on people its that simply. They have to play by the same rules. They dont get special treatment.
    2.) this is not the same at all since the solder isnt a business providing work to the public and it wouldnt be the solder discriminating
    3.) in short its not because they dont have to run a business if their views are so strict they cant play by public rules, see my hospital example that you conveniently choose to ignore
    4.) wrong again, i never said anything even close to this, its something you made up in attempt to feel right but you are not

    why dont you address my hospital example?
    How are they forcing their religious views on anyone? There's nothing in the 1st Amendment that guarantees you the right to force someone to buy your birth control for you, as a part of your free practice of religion.

    Hobby Lobby isn't telling anyone that they can't buy their own birth control.

    3.) in short its not because they dont have to run a business if their views are so strict they cant play by public rules,
    So, if they aren't willing to follow laws that violate their religious beliefs, they're welcome not to start their own business? Your sense of freedom is scary!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #438
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    1.)How are they forcing their religious views on anyone?
    2.)There's nothing in the 1st Amendment that guarantees you the right to force someone to buy your birth control for you, as a part of your free practice of religion.

    3.)Hobby Lobby isn't telling anyone that they can't buy their own birth control.



    So, if they aren't willing to follow laws that violate their religious beliefs, they're welcome not to start their own business? Your sense of freedom is scary!
    LMAO i see you totally back away form the other stuff you said since its unsupportable and are trying a new approach, smart

    1.) easy they are making employees do something others dont have to based soley on a religious decesion, this is discrimination and the employess are forced to take extra steps. WHy? because HL made a religious decision.

    2.) good thing i never said there was, and its also meaningless to the topic

    3.) I agree, never said they were and this is also meaningless to the topic

    4.) yes this is 100% true, notice the word LAWS, and thats not MY view thats the constitution, rights, liberties, freedoms and laws of AMERICA. Has nothing to do with me.
    Im glad my country protects my fellow americans from discrimination.

    funny you wont address my hospital example again, i wonder why? because it shows you that you are wrong and religious beliefs/freedoms only go so far
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #439
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    LMAO i see you totally back away form the other stuff you said since its unsupportable and are trying a new approach, smart
    I didn't address your hospital example because it's an idiotic comparison.

    1.) easy they are making employees do something others dont have to based soley on a religious decesion, this is discrimination and the employess are forced to take extra steps. WHy? because HL made a religious decision.
    Their employees aren't being made to do anything.

    2.) good thing i never said there was, and its also meaningless to the topic
    What did you mean when you said that Hobby Lobby is forcing their religious beliefs on someone else?

    3.) I agree, never said they were and this is also meaningless to the topic
    That's exactly what you said.

    4.) yes this is 100% true, notice the word LAWS, and thats not MY view thats the constitution, rights, liberties, freedoms and laws of AMERICA. Has nothing to do with me.
    Im glad my country protects my fellow americans from discrimination.
    Does that mean that you would have supported fugitive slave laws, without question? You despise civil disobedience and believe that people who participate in such activity should be fined and/or run out of business?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #440
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    1.)I didn't address your hospital example because it's an idiotic comparison.



    2.)Their employees aren't being made to do anything.



    3.)What did you mean when you said that Hobby Lobby is forcing their religious beliefs on someone else?



    4,.)That's exactly what you said.



    Does that mean that you would have supported fugitive slave laws, without question? You despise civil disobedience and believe that people who participate in such activity should be fined and/or run out of business?
    1.) LMAO no its the same, the hospital can NOT solely use its religion to make a decision that effects patients/employes. You denying this fact is meaningless and shows your inability to be honest.
    2.) more dishonesty they are if they want birth control that other employes can get in other companies NOT forcing their views on those employees.

    so if i dont allow your wife to come to a business part based soley on my religious views are you saying thats not discrimination? you arent being made to do anything right?
    if dont allow your wife to be a supervisor solely because my religion says women are lesser are you saying thats not discrimination? she isnt being made to do anything right?

    sorry thats irrational broken logic and americna laws and rights disagree with you

    3.) exactly what your sentence says, they are forcing thier religious views on others, they admit their decision is based on religion and nothing else

    4.) nope not one time, are you just going to resort to lies now?

    5.) of course not thats another deflection you are trying to make and failing at lol

    do you have ANYTHING factual or logical to offer or ANYTHING actually on topic or related to my stance or the governments stance? you are drowning fast
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 44 of 58 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •