Page 43 of 58 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 575

Thread: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

  1. #421
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by hikari View Post
    This is a lie as there is no scientific consensus that a fertilized egg is a person. A fertilized egg can grow into a person, but a fertilized egg has no organs no brain, no capacity to feel or think, etc. At that point it is just two cells.
    I said nothing about the word "person" nor does it having a brain, or capacity to feel or think have anything to do it either. When the egg is fertilized is when a new human being is created that is completely different from his/her mother. I'm sorry, but your develop argument and your subjective terms mean nothing to this fact.

    I don't know what scientists you are talking about, but without consensus they are meaningless, and there is no consensus.
    There is a consensus on this fact.

  2. #422
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    So I guess we should charge every woman that has a miscarriage with murder right?
    I said nothing about legality nor did I use the word murder. Furthermore, miscarriages are the majority of the time unplanned.

  3. #423
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Let's not rehash this. Suffice to say the Supreme Court, led by conservative Chief Justice Roberts, disagrees with you. And so does anybody who has even the fainteste understanding of constitutional law.
    People would say I understand constitutional law and the constitution and I have to agree with him. There is nothing in the constitution that would permit the federal government to force you to buy something. I have seen your argument for it Guy and to tell you the truth it's rather pathetic.

    No, it doesn't set a precedent for anything because it doesn't relate. The constitution is being upheld just as well as it ever was. Maybe even better. Roberts is a great chief justice.
    Obviously saying the federal government can make you buy something IS setting a precedent.

  4. #424
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    I don't want to get too deep into this tangent but it is obvious that Henrin is, in fact, entirely ignorant of con law. PACA is not the government forcing you to buy insurance, it is the government giving you a tax credit if you do buy it. That is no more forcing you to buy insurance than for in you to take out a mortgage so you can get a mortgage deduction. I won't abide any more of this nonsense from people who are obviously clueless.

    And the PACA ruling is not a significan precedent with regard to the first amendment issue. You guys just stay in the kiddie pool on this one, ok? It is clear you have got the ability or education to comprehend the constitutional issues at play here.

  5. #425
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    It's against my religious beliefs to have gone into Iraq, does that mean I don't have to pay taxes now since my tax money went to support the Iraq war?
    Were you forced to take money out of your pocket and directly pay for ammunition?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #426
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    I don't want to get too deep into this tangent but it is obvious that Henrin is, in fact, entirely ignorant of con law. PACA is not the government forcing you to buy insurance, it is the government giving you a tax credit if you do buy it. That is no more forcing you to buy insurance than for in you to take out a mortgage so you can get a mortgage deduction. I won't abide any more of this nonsense from people who are obviously clueless.

    And the PACA ruling is not a significan precedent with regard to the first amendment issue. You guys just stay in the kiddie pool on this one, ok? It is clear you have got the ability or education to comprehend the constitutional issues at play here.
    Now, thats the wildest interpretation I've yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #427
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Now, thats the wildest interpretation I've yet.
    Guy is always wildly incorrect about his interpretations.

  8. #428
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,374

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    People would say I understand constitutional law and the constitution and I have to agree with him. There is nothing in the constitution that would permit the federal government to force you to buy something. I have seen your argument for it Guy and to tell you the truth it's rather pathetic.



    Obviously saying the federal government can make you buy something IS setting a precedent.
    The problem is that everyone has HC coverage in the emergency room and alot aren't paying for it. The Govt. is saying you have to pay for something you already have. I know you think we should all have free HC but it is just not practical. Your "pie in the sky" thinking has made us broke.

  9. #429
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    They shouldn't be exempt either. A law is a law. It covers everyone or no one.
    They're exempt for two reasons:

    1) they made a closed door deal with the Obama admin.
    2) the Obama admin is scared these players will take it all the way and know they have a case. By giving them exemptions, lessens the chance of those exemptions becoming options under the law.

  10. #430
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    I don't want to get too deep into this tangent but it is obvious that Henrin is, in fact, entirely ignorant of con law. PACA is not the government forcing you to buy insurance, it is the government giving you a tax credit if you do buy it. That is no more forcing you to buy insurance than for in you to take out a mortgage so you can get a mortgage deduction. I won't abide any more of this nonsense from people who are obviously clueless.

    And the PACA ruling is not a significan precedent with regard to the first amendment issue. You guys just stay in the kiddie pool on this one, ok? It is clear you have got the ability or education to comprehend the constitutional issues at play here.
    That's not true Guy. What the heck did you think the mandate debate was all about? At some point a fine will be associated for not being insured.

Page 43 of 58 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •