Page 41 of 58 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 575

Thread: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

  1. #401
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Even the people who disagreed with slavery were bound by laws to return escaped slaves or face the consequences thereof. You don't get to ignore the law just because you don't like it.
    Poor example. That was one of the most ignored laws in the history of the Republic. Even after the Compromise of 1850, its enforcement was still spotty. So not sure what you meant by "bound .......... or face the consequences", as for every time there were "consequences" there were dozens of times when there were not.

  2. #402
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    1.)Since when is obligating one person to pay for another person's birth control measures freedom, liberty, discrinination, or roghtsd infringements. It seems clear ehre that ypou must be treferring to Hobby Lobby.

    2.)Also the cornerstone of Western Human Rights is equality before the law. We have seen dozens of companies who are excempt from these laws while others, like Hobby Lobby, are being forces to oblige against their will and their protected religious liberties.

    3.)Supplying birth control devices to employees was never a condition of employment when the workers began their jobs and the government should not be allowed to make these conditions retroactive.
    1.) what does this opinion have to do with anything and can you point out where i said any of this? because i never did.
    are you against all insurance?
    2.) this is meaningless to the debate also unless you have information why these companies are exempt and that religion played a factor. If there is something shady going on though i will agree that its not right but it doesnt change what HL is guilty of.
    3.) why? when the laws changed and women and minorities couldnt be fired simply for being a minority or women was that wrong?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #403
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    .........
    6.) night, when you wake up let me know if you have anything factual to add
    The rest of us are waiting for you to get a clue instead of just polluting the thread with drivel. You clearly do not understand "rights" and "discrimination". as has been pointed out just about every time you use such terms.

  4. #404
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    This is absurd. The Courts will not rule based on "discrimination" by the employer upon the employees. There is not basis for that, and your willy-nilly use of the words "rights" and "discrimination" is a deterent to reasoned discussion here.

    The issue will be the rights of the employer.
    you are free to have that opinion but again its reality and how the courts see it

    the rights of the employer are in tact
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #405
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    The rest of us are waiting for you to get a clue instead of just polluting the thread with drivel. You clearly do not understand "rights" and "discrimination". as has been pointed out just about every time you use such terms.
    the rest of you? LMAO
    you mean the ones that have been proved wrong or have not logic or facts to back up thier claims and who the courts disagree with? those "us"

    ill stick with facts, reality and the courts thanks, you are free to keep crying though and deflecting, may be better if you just tried to actually defend your opinion with logic, reality and something factual that is actually being discussed
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #406
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    1.) what does this opinion have to do with anything and can you point out where i said any of this? because i never did.
    You said this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    nope its the government protecting its citizens' freedoms, rights liberties and from discrimation and rights infringement
    are you against all insurance?
    In general, of course not.


    2.) this is meaningless to the debate also unless you have information why these companies are exempt and that religion played a factor. If there is something shady going on though i will agree that its not right but it doesnt change what HL is guilty of.
    Are you saying that companies can be exempt only if religion is not a factor? The fact that these companies are exempt, dozens pof them, clearly demonstrates that the government can decide who must follow the law, or pay a million dollar a day fine, and who can ignore it.
    3.) why? when the laws changed and women and minorities couldnt be fired simply for being a minority or women was that wrong?
    Nobody is being fired here. No one.

  7. #407
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    1.)You said this.

    In general, of course not.




    Are you saying that companies can be exempt only if religion is not a factor? The fact that these companies are exempt, dozens pof them, clearly demonstrates that the government can decide who must follow the law, or pay a million dollar a day fine, and who can ignore it.


    Nobody is being fired here. No one.
    1.) yep that is exactly what i said and its not what you said at all
    2.) just the stuff you dont like then, great
    3.)no thats not what im saying, i said its worth looking into and to see why they are except but its doesnt change the HL is wrong.
    4.) LMAO who said there were people being fired? i just simply showed you why your broken logic about retro active conditions is meaningless

    if you like change the example to women or minorities being promoted LOL, the example proves your logic wrong it had nothing to do with being fired.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #408
    Sage
    Ontologuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,515

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    They still have no choice if the laws require insurance providers to cover contraceptives. Hobby Lobby is certainly welcome not to offer any form of health insurance to their employees, but if they want to provide insurance, this is the kind of insurance they will have to provide. Pick one.
    Actually, they have at least a third option: challenge the law -- it's the American way!

    And, that appears that's what they are doing.

    Indeed, even on religious grounds, they have a strong case that the law is infringing on their private corporation right to conduct business within the guidelines of their faith.

    But, tossing religion out of the equation, they would be presenting a great test case to the SCOTUS of just how far the government can reach into the business practices of private corporations .. which may also eventually extend to public corporations.

    This is potentially a most interesting case.
    You don't trust Trump? Well, there's only one way to leverage him to do what's economically right for us all: Powerful American Political Alliance. Got courage?! .. and a mere $5.00?

  9. #409
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Your argument breaks down when you say "immoral". This is not abortion. It is contraception. There is NO pregnancy to begin with. According to what you are posting, 90% of catholic women are baby killers.
    What I believe, or don't believe is irrelevant. The Hobby Lobby honchos claim an objection on religious grounds and nodody, especially the government, can tell them they can't hold that belief.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #410
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    What I believe, or don't believe is irrelevant. The Hobby Lobby honchos claim an objection on religious grounds and nodody, especially the government, can tell them they can't hold that belief.
    nobody says they cant "hold" that belief, they are still free to hold any beliefs they please
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 41 of 58 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •