Page 31 of 58 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 575

Thread: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

  1. #301
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,797

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy;10613088371.)
    It's a direct relevent answer to your supposition the company would be blamed by the majority if it were to take those actions.



    And many still feel that way. This was not enacted through initiative (popular will), but federally through legislation. And it was enacted without majority public support. But you are wrong in that last point. Though folks may be against supporting unhealthy activities, they are more against subsidizing them. And this bill does not subsidize those activities (it doesn't require insurance companies to buy cigs for the smokers). However, it does require the subsidization of private sexual activity.



    Now, that IS irrelevent to the discussion.



    4.)Again, you have no way to show that, it is your opinion alone. In my opinion Obama and his supporters would be blamed for foisting this upon us in the first place. Also disagree with your characterization/frame of the issue. HL is in no way trying to force their religious beliefs upon employees. Employees are still free to participate and fund their own private sexual activities.
    1.) no it had no relevance
    2.) nothing wrong about my statement, its true
    3.) no its not im showing you how your feeling inst a new one and many people have had feelings just like you way before you
    4.) i agree 100% it is my opinion, never implied otherwise

    dont care about obama and supporters lmao

    they are in fact "trying" to force their religious views, they admitted that


    what im asking you is about your calim that this company should shut down and fire everyone and that action would make people blame the law and not the company.

    Im asking you why would i blame the company? im open to suggestion, pleae give me anything logic, or reality based to blame the law and not the company.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #302
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    It doesn't end ANY pregnancy because THERE IS NO PREGNANCY to begin with. That is where the dishonesty of the religious nuts shows itself!!

    That's not necessarily true, and is still under debate in the scientific community...It is true that Plan B is not RU486, nor will it stop a fertilized egg already attached to the Uterine wall. But if there is a fertilized egg not attached is it not an embryo?

    I found this article interesting....


    Think twice about Plan B
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #303
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    1.) no it had no relevance
    2.) nothing wrong about my statement, its true
    3.) no its not im showing you how your feeling inst a new one and many people have had feelings just like you way before you
    4.) i agree 100% it is my opinion, never implied otherwise
    Not interested your take on relevence since you clearly intend to claim anything that conflicts with your opinion as irrelevent.

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    dont care about obama and supporters lmao
    That's nice to hear, but also irrelevent.

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    they are in fact "trying" to force their religious views, they admitted that
    No, they didn't. They have said they did not wish to subsidize the private sexual activity, because it conflicts with their religion (a legitimate First Amendment argument). Regardless of their reasons for doing so however, my argument is that the requirement itself is wholly wrong and should be opposed. My suggested action serves either argument.

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    what im asking you is about your calim that this company should shut down and fire everyone and that action would make people blame the law and not the company.

    Im asking you why would i blame the company? im open to suggestion, pleae give me anything logic, or reality based to blame the law and not the company.
    Because HL offerred health insurance to their employees BEFORE the law was enacted. The only thing that has changed is the law, not the company. They would not be considering these actions but for Obamacare.

  4. #304
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    That's not necessarily true, and is still under debate in the scientific community...It is true that Plan B is not RU486, nor will it stop a fertilized egg already attached to the Uterine wall. But if there is a fertilized egg not attached is it not an embryo?
    Don't humor stupid crap. There is no debate on when pregnancy begins in the scientific community. I'm sorry, but its an established scientific fact and there is no reason to consider even opening up a debate about it. I realize people want to move the start of pregnancy to implantation but they are wrong. That is just a fact that they need to get over.
    Last edited by Henrin; 01-01-13 at 06:52 PM.

  5. #305
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,797

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    1.)Not interested your take on relevence since you clearly intend to claim anything that conflicts with your opinion as irrelevent.



    2.)That's nice to hear, but also irrelevent.



    3.)No, they didn't. They have said they did not wish to subsidize the private sexual activity, because it conflicts with their religion (a legitimate First Amendment argument). Regardless of their reasons for doing so however, my argument is that the requirement itself is wholly wrong and should be opposed. My suggested action serves either argument.



    4.)Because HL offerred health insurance to their employees BEFORE the law was enacted. The only thing that has changed is the law, not the company. They would not be considering these actions but for Obamacare.
    1.) what you stated has nothing to do with my claim LMAO or the topic
    2.) good we agree you shouldnt have brought them up cause they are meaningless to the topic
    3.) exactly, so they want to break the law and force their religious belies on others, this is very clear no matter your opinion on it. its no a legitimate 1st amendment argument at all thats way i failed. They arent being infringed on one single bit.
    if you dont like the requirement thats fine by me, theres many requirements i agree or disagree with but that doesnt change the fact the company is in the wrong currently.
    4.) and? this isnt any type of logic to blame the law?

    if the company shuts down and fires everybody for their religious beliefs thats on them not the law. When you run a business you play by the same rules as everybody else.

    maybe you have something else, so far with everything you have stated i would still definitely blame the company because thered be no reason to shut down.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #306
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    maybe you have something else, so far with everything you have stated i would still definitely blame the company because thered be no reason to shut down.
    I know you would, you would regards of what I, or anyone, said. This is all opinion and we put forth our separate opinions and the internal logic behind them. You don't buy mine, I don't buy yours. The difference is that I see what you're trying to say, I just don't agree with it. You on the other hand either are or are playing noncomprehending.

    The owners of the company have every right to appeal the law before the courts. They have a legitimate First Amendment copmplaint (despite your take on it). Lower federal courts will decide if they can withhold participation in the law in the meantime.

    My suggestion that they either shutter their doors or go <50 employees and franchise is purely born from my current feelings of helplessness as I watch my country head for the ****ter with abandon. If I could get my kids and grandkids to move I'd head out - first time in my life I've felt like this.

  7. #307
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Don't humor stupid crap. There is no debate on when pregnancy begins in the scientific community. I'm sorry, but its an established scientific fact and there is no reason to consider even opening up a debate about it. I realize people want to move the start of pregnancy to implantation but they are wrong. That is just a fact that they need to get over.
    Well, you have a point. It all boils down to when one believes life starts, conception at the earliest stage, or 10 years old. Obviously a religious organization is going to side on earliest stage. So regardless of what Catholic women espouse when taking communion, and what they do once they leave the pews is irrelevant.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #308
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,797

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    1.)I know you would, you would regards of what I, or anyone, said. This is all opinion and we put forth our separate opinions and the internal logic behind them. You don't buy mine, I don't buy yours. The difference is that I see what you're trying to say, I just don't agree with it. You on the other hand either are or are playing noncomprehending.

    2.)The owners of the company have every right to appeal the law before the courts.
    3.)They have a legitimate First Amendment copmplaint (despite your take on it). Lower federal courts will decide if they can withhold participation in the law in the meantime.

    4.)My suggestion that they either shutter their doors or go <50 employees and franchise is purely born from my current feelings of helplessness as I watch my country head for the ****ter with abandon. If I could get my kids and grandkids to move I'd head out - first time in my life I've felt like this.
    1.) i comprehend it fine, you are wrong
    2.) yes they have a right to appeal, good thing i didnt say they didnt
    3.) no they dont, they have no grounds at all and its why the law passed
    4.) so you have nothing else then? ok
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #309
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    I have 2 statements to make here:

    1) Freedom of religion doesn't mean freedom to impose your religious views on others. Your freedom of religion stops where my own freedom of religion begins.

    2) If Hobby Lobby wants to pay 1.3 million in fines per day, then by all means let them. It will help reduce our deficit a tiny bit. Thank you, Hobby Lobby, for volunteering to pay a little more.

    Article is here
    .
    But in your limited worldview non-religious people have the right to demand that they get free contraception?

    In what universe should a business be obligated to provide a morning after pill - give me one logical reason?

  10. #310
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,797

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    But in your limited worldview non-religious people have the right to demand that they get free contraception?

    In what universe should a business be obligated to provide a morning after pill - give me one logical reason?
    the company isnt obligated to provide a morning after pill?, they are obligated to not infringe on rights of employes though and they cant decide what insurance to offer based solely on religious beliefs
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 31 of 58 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •