Page 26 of 58 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 575

Thread: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

  1. #251
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by falcata View Post
    You need to refrain from accusing him of being such immoral being in such a way.
    I am only speaking the truth about the implications of his (and your) argument. If you find that your argument leads your to such immoral conclusions, perhaps you should reconsider your immoral positions rather than shooting the messenger.

  2. #252
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    I am only speaking the truth about the implications of his (and your) argument. If you find that your argument leads your to such immoral conclusions, perhaps you should reconsider your immoral positions rather than shooting the messenger.
    please list these truths(facts) you speak of because you havent posted ANY.

    we are all waiting
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #253
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,587

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by falcata View Post
    The law was put into action by congress, and considered constitutional by the Supreme Court. Considered immoral by some yes, but not illegitimte.

    The Hobby Lobby in this case is more similar to the bus company that segregated its seats rather than the actual citizens that are inconvienced.

    As the supplier of the health insurance if required by law they should have to supply the morning after pill (which for the record isnt at all similar to an aborton in ethics or procedure), it is up to the individual citizen to decide if they wish to use it or not.
    The bus company was upholding a discriminatory law. Rosa was ignoring that law. How does Hobby Lobby ignoring a law they consider discriminatory and illegitimate make them similar to the law abiding bus company?
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  4. #254
    Educator falcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    North East Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    08-10-17 @ 11:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    926

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    No, the constitutional issue here has not yet gotten before the Supreme Court.
    Actually if you read the first sentence of this article it expresses how Hobby Lobby lost its appeal with the Supreme Court. How about that?
    Hobby Lobby, defying health law, refuses to cover morning-after pill - latimes.com

    No, it's Rosa Parks. The employees demanding abortion pills are the bus company.
    Please understand what he morning after pill does before you call it an Abortion pill.
    1.The normal menstrual cycle is altered, delaying ovulation; or
    2.Ovulation is inhibited, meaning the egg will not be released from the ovary;
    3.It can irritate the lining of the uterus (endometrium) so as to inhibit implantation.

    How Does it Work? - Morning After Pill

    I imagine you would have supported Jim Crow laws yourself. If not you are advocating a hypocritcal argument, because logically your argument entails support for apartheid or any other law infringing whatever else the government wants to infringe. So either you are advocating a disgusting viewpoint or a hypocritical viewpoint. Take your pick.
    No. A company has no right to segregate or discriminate because of race and a company has no right to break the law because of religous beliefs of some administrators. The company cannot utilize any kind of medication because it is not a person. A person can utilize medication because they have a human mind and body.
    I traveled with Ivanka
    the way I normally do
    How was I to know
    She was with the Russians too? - Poetics by TurtleDude

  5. #255
    Educator falcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    North East Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    08-10-17 @ 11:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    926

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    The bus company was upholding a discriminatory law. Rosa was ignoring that law. How does Hobby Lobby ignoring a law they consider discriminatory and illegitimate make them similar to the law abiding bus company?
    Without the variable of the law and taken just from the view point of the individual and the company. Hobby Lobby's administrators don't have the right to set a moral precedent on medication over their whole company.
    I traveled with Ivanka
    the way I normally do
    How was I to know
    She was with the Russians too? - Poetics by TurtleDude

  6. #256
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,587

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by falcata View Post
    Without the variable of the law and taken just from the view point of the individual and the company. Hobby Lobby's administrators don't have the right to set a moral precedent on medication over their whole company.
    Oh, my bad. I didn't realize hobby lobby banned their employees from using Plan B. I thought they just refused to buy it for them.

    That really IS analogous to using the threat of law to remove someone from a bus!
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  7. #257
    Educator falcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    North East Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    08-10-17 @ 11:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    926

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    I am only speaking the truth about the implications of his (and your) argument. If you find that your argument leads your to such immoral conclusions, perhaps you should reconsider your immoral positions rather than shooting the messenger.
    You are speaking off of unfounded assumptions not truth.

    To directly assume that we are racist because of our disagrements on health providers. I believe is far more immoral on your part.
    Last edited by falcata; 12-31-12 at 05:53 PM.
    I traveled with Ivanka
    the way I normally do
    How was I to know
    She was with the Russians too? - Poetics by TurtleDude

  8. #258
    Educator falcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    North East Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    08-10-17 @ 11:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    926

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Oh, my bad. I didn't realize hobby lobby banned their employees from using Plan B. I thought they just refused to buy it for them.
    through their health plan they are banning their employees from using it. Would you like to pay that extra money for it when your health insurance should?
    I traveled with Ivanka
    the way I normally do
    How was I to know
    She was with the Russians too? - Poetics by TurtleDude

  9. #259
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:06 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,480

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Yes i do. My mother owns several things from Hobby lobby. Mostly China made products.
    Without China the shelves of Hobby Lobby would probably be bare.

    Trying to maintain an ideology becomes cloudy when reality seeps into the discussion. The reality is that by selling China's products they are supporting a country who has readily available government abortions and abortion pills.
    But since they are just Chinese do we really care?

    When I was a kid and went to church with my mother they preached to us all about worshipping on Sunday and one should't work. Right after church we headed for the local grocery store, which just happened to be own by a Chinese family. And there we would meet up with other members of the church doing their grocery shopping. We were being good Christians by worshiping for 3 hours on Sunday and they were, well they were just Chinese people.

    I just wonder how many employees of Hobby Lobby actually complained about not getting the morning after pill?

  10. #260
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,587

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by falcata View Post
    through their health plan they are banning their employees from using it. Would you like to pay that extra money for it when your health insurance should?
    Aha, so you were exaggerating the facts after all. So they aren't banning Plan B, they just refuse to buy it for their employees.

    One thing I'm confused about: Did the employment contract the employees signed promise them free pregnancy killer pills, or was that the government?

    And how does this make hobby lobby like the law abiding bus company?
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

Page 26 of 58 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •