Page 18 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 575

Thread: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

  1. #171
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by jwzg View Post
    Dude, you have a serious problem with logic. You are not inviting…you are coercing an unwilling portion of the populace.
    LMAO im sure you think that but the problem is i can support what im saying with logic and facts and you can not
    if you disagree please prove me wrong

    factually prove the hypocrisy, ill wait
    Last edited by AGENT J; 12-31-12 at 01:19 AM.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #172
    Freedom Fighter
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Utopia
    Last Seen
    12-11-17 @ 03:23 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    967

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Well hypocrisy, it is not.
    An internal contradiction of beliefs maybe, but not hypocrisy.

    Hypocrisy requires the intent to deceive.
    Harry, one does not have to have an intent to deceive to be a hypocrite. Hypocrisy in at least one definition is a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess. In this case, those who claim to love freedom are demanding that others give their's up. In this case, Objective-J is proving this quite nicely.
    Last edited by jwzg; 12-31-12 at 01:30 AM.

  3. #173
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Of course it's my opinion, but the recent changes to the insurance benefit and cost structure, tend to support my argument.
    I also agree it has some support, and i said as much but the fact is many things could be judge like you judge this. Im not sure what your argument is?

    i could make your argument about healthcare in general?

    smoking, drinking, not eating healthy, not exercising, participating in physically dangerous activities etc.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #174
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    I also agree it has some support, and i said as much but the fact is many things could be judge like you judge this. Im not sure what your argument is?

    i could make your argument about healthcare in general?

    smoking, drinking, not eating healthy, not exercising, participating in physically dangerous activities etc.
    I don't like the fact that they eliminated gender based pricing, but extended benefits for mostly, one gender.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  5. #175
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    I don't like the fact that they eliminated gender based pricing, but extended benefits for mostly, one gender.
    ?????
    not sure i understand but ill take a guess and its possible i may agree or disagree

    are you saying you dont like that some insurances dont separate premiums based on gender which could cause your premiums as a man to go up when you will never need cover for anything maternal? birth costs, pill costs etc?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #176
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,756

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Do we really want to get into the whole, insurance mandating **** that's easily affordable, debate?

    Because for me, that's the issue here.
    The issue with me is the following:

    1) Hobby Lobby is not a religious organization.

    2) The owners of Hobby Lobby are demanding that insurance companies not cover something that they think is abortion.

    3) But it's not abortion. it's contraception.

    4) But who covers contraception in this case? Not Hobby Lobby. It's the insurance companies.

    5) The insurance companies are not making this an issue.

    6) Hobby Lobby is the one making it an issue, on RELIGIOUS grounds.

    7) But Hobby Lobby is NOT a church. It is a private for profit company.

    8) Therefore, Hobby Lobby does not have any legal standing here, and is in no position to force it's religious beliefs onto it's employees.

    9) It's not abortion, it's contraception. Did I already say that? Yes I did, but I say it again for emphasis. If this were about abortion being the issue, I might agree with them.

    10) But it's about contraception. Oops, did I say that before? Yes I did. It's about contraception. What don't people get about this? Contraception is NOT abortion.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  7. #177
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    ?????
    not sure i understand but ill take a guess and its possible i may agree or disagree

    are you saying you dont like that some insurances dont separate premiums based on gender which could cause your premiums as a man to go up when you will never need cover for anything maternal? birth costs, pill costs etc?
    PPACA made gender based pricing illegal, but extended a lot of benefits to females.
    Which basically, is making guys pay more, even though they tend to use less benefits and services or for services they can never use like, birth control, pregnancy coverage, etc.

    Insurance is supposed to be based on risk based pricing, young females are more expensive than young males, while older females are less expensive than older males.
    The law is pretty much turning the concept of insurance on it's head, more so than before.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  8. #178
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    The issue with me is the following:

    1) Hobby Lobby is not a religious organization.

    2) The owners of Hobby Lobby are demanding that insurance companies not cover something that they think is abortion.

    3) But it's not abortion. it's contraception.

    4) But who covers contraception in this case? Not Hobby Lobby. It's the insurance companies.

    5) The insurance companies are not making this an issue.

    6) Hobby Lobby is the one making it an issue, on RELIGIOUS grounds.

    7) But Hobby Lobby is NOT a church. It is a private for profit company.

    8) Therefore, Hobby Lobby does not have any legal standing here, and is in no position to push it's religious beliefs onto it's employees.

    9) It's not abortion, it's contraception. Did I already say that? Yes I did, but I say it again for emphasis. If this were about abortion being the issue, I might agree with them.

    10) But it's about contraception. Oops, did I say that before? Yes I did. It's about contraception. What don't people get about this? Contraception is NOT abortion.
    If Hobby Lobby is self insured, like a lot of companies, they do in fact pay for it.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  9. #179
    Freedom Fighter
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Utopia
    Last Seen
    12-11-17 @ 03:23 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    967

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    If Hobby Lobby is self insured, like a lot of companies, they do in fact pay for it.
    The issue is that they are being forced to offer it. That would be similar to you being drafted and forced to go to war as a combatant although you have claimed conscientious objector status.

  10. #180
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by jwzg View Post
    The issue is that they are being forced to offer it. That would be similar to you being drafted and forced to go to war as a combatant although you have claimed conscientious objector status.
    I don't like a lot of the insurance mandates period.
    A lot of Pre-PPACA mandates came from the states and lobby groups.

    Mandates make insurance more expensive, for people who don't need coverage for the mandated items.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

Page 18 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •