Page 15 of 58 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 575

Thread: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

  1. #141
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,709

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    Which supports my earlier notion. That there is no correlation between government provided birth control , much less the availability of any birth control, and a reduction in "unwanted" births. Frankly, I find it absurd to pretend to measure "unwanted" births !! Is that asking mothers to state whether their wanted their babies post-facto ? The facts say as I noted. That with modern contraception means, we have had a concurrent explosion of child-births in environments completely unable to manage the child socially, and financially.

    Behold the fruits of liberalism !! aka Unintended consequences of the worst kind !!!
    You're still making a leap that more birth control is actually causing more out of wedlock births. Looks to me like it's reducing them... just not by much.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  2. #142
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    4,478

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    More rubbish ! You state "they are going to lose this case", because you are an authority on such ?
    Because they have lost every step of the way, because existing court precedent in these matters points directly at that outcome, and because I know the Supreme Court Justices are smart enough to know that potential actions between two third parties is not an infringement on the practice of your religion. You certainly cannot claim that a required action resulting in a POSSIBLE action on the part of two third parties which has not taken place, may never take place, you wouldn't know had taken place, and are not directly impacted by would violate your civil rights.

  3. #143
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    You're still making a leap that more birth control is actually causing more out of wedlock births. Looks to me like it's reducing them... just not by much.
    LOL ... I never even implied such. I merely pointed out the facts. The facts which contradicted the post by another that I had taken issue with.

    Meanwhile, you have posted nothing to substantiate otherwise. Out of wedlock births are way up !! How can you even pretend that anything is "reducing them" ! Jeezus Krist for once !

  4. #144
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon View Post
    Because they have lost every step of the way, because existing court precedent in these matters points directly at that outcome, and because I know the Supreme Court Justices are smart enough to know that potential actions between two third parties is not an infringement on the practice of your religion. You certainly cannot claim that a required action resulting in a POSSIBLE action on the part of two third parties which has not taken place, may never take place, you wouldn't know had taken place, and are not directly impacted by would violate your civil rights.
    Hey. Because you say so doesn't carry weight. Links have been posted which directly refute your assumptions.

    I know you are a proclaimed liberal ... but c'mon. Facts do matter.

  5. #145
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    4,478

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    Links have been posted which directly refute your assumptions.
    Wrong. The only link posted was about a temporary injunction issued by a Court which wouldn't rule on the issue. Hobby Lobby LOST twice and court precedent certainly is not on your side of this issue. If Catholic Charities can be required to facilitate adoptions for gay couples (direct action), and the Catholic Charities case was exponentially stronger than Hobby Lobby's case, then Hobby Lobby can certainly be required to pay for premiums (indirect action with an unknown outcome). Hobby Lobby can't even demonstrate that its rights will be violated because its not directly affected by the actions between two third parties, it doesn't know if the employees will use that benefit for the purpose of birth control, and it wouldn't know if they chose to do so. And, remember, it was the Supreme Court which denied its application for an injunction. All facts.

  6. #146
    better late than pregnant
    Gonzo Rodeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Here
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:35 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,130

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Nonsense. Dental and vision are more legitimately a part of everyone's health care need, and yet there is no requirement to provide either.
    I'm not allowed to drive a car without corrective lenses. And eating would get more difficult if I lost my teeth, I would imagine.
    "Political speech and writing are largely the defense of the indefensible. . . . Thus political language has to consist largely of euphemism, question-begging and sheer cloudy vagueness."
    ~Orwell, Politics and the English Language

  7. #147
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    I have 2 statements to make here:

    1) Freedom of religion doesn't mean freedom to impose your religious views on others. Your freedom of religion stops where my own freedom of religion begins.

    2) If Hobby Lobby wants to pay 1.3 million in fines per day, then by all means let them. It will help reduce our deficit a tiny bit. Thank you, Hobby Lobby, for volunteering to pay a little more.

    Article is here
    .
    Not providing you something that requires somebody else to pay for the consequences of your decision is not imposing my religion on you. To be forced to, however, would be you imposing your morality or lack thereof on me.

  8. #148
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    4,478

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    Not providing you something that requires somebody else to pay for the consequences of your decision is not imposing my religion on you.
    When did women "decide" to develop polycystic ovarian syndrome, endometriosis, or amenorrhea?

  9. #149
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    It's actually a lot closer than I thought
    http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nhsr/nhsr055.pdf



    Apparently women who use birth control are really bad at it.
    that is rather surprising

  10. #150
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Last Seen
    01-27-13 @ 12:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    439

    Re: Atty: Hobby Lobby Won't Offer Morning-After Pill

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    I think it's a violation of rights in my view and if upheld the law needs to be repealed. They should fight it just as others do. I don't think the "law of the land" has stopped too many groups from fighting for what they believe is their right.

    The whole notion that the government is going to force private employers to pay for birth control is just ludicrous and insanely medically unethical.
    So religious beliefs are now being forced on other? Check me if I am wrong but isnt that what the talibans does ? What is this country coming to

Page 15 of 58 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •