Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 114

Thread: Firefighters Shot Dead at Upstate NY Fire

  1. #1
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,751

    Firefighters Shot Dead at Upstate NY Fire

    Two firefighters were shot and killed and two others taken to a nearby hospital after a gunman opened fire on them as they responded to a house fire in Webster, N.Y., this morning, according to authorities and local media.
    Looks like this shooter got away. What kind of cocksucker opens fire on first responders who are attempting to save lives? We need a new kind of death penalty - Execution by slow torture...... Sorry, I don't really mean that. I am just ranting here.

    Article is here.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  2. #2
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,838

    Re: Firefighters Shot Dead at Upstate NY Fire

    This is very similar to the New York cab drivers refusing to go into certain areas.

    Similar to the sniper in Oakland who called the police, then shot them as they arrived. Later the residents in that area had a big celebration because the shooter got four cops. There are entire communities in the United States, just as in Brazil, in which police and firefighters will not go. The Navy Guards at the Hunter's Point Shipyard in California had to have iron barriers for years because of the snipers in the nearby housing projects.

    Let their damn houses burn, who cares.

  3. #3
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Firefighters Shot Dead at Upstate NY Fire

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Looks like this shooter got away. What kind of cocksucker opens fire on first responders who are attempting to save lives? We need a new kind of death penalty - Execution by slow torture...... Sorry, I don't really mean that. I am just ranting here.

    Article is here.

    Agreed. This is a disgusting display. Que the usual knee jerk reactionaries that will immediately turn this into another GC thread. I hope not. Instead tonight at midnight mass, I will offer a prayer for the families of those firefighters.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #4
    Professor
    Mathematician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,147

    Re: Firefighters Shot Dead at Upstate NY Fire

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Looks like this shooter got away. What kind of cocksucker opens fire on first responders who are attempting to save lives? We need a new kind of death penalty - Execution by slow torture...... Sorry, I don't really mean that. I am just ranting here.

    Article is here.
    I'm all for the slow and painful death to this type of person. Just credit me for an hour of community service and I'll do the honors of putting the shooter through the wood chipper.
    "With me everything turns into mathematics."
    "It is not enough to have a good mind. The main thing is to use it well."
    "It is truth very certain that, when it is not in one's power to determine what is true, we ought to follow what is more probable." -- Rene Descartes

  5. #5
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Firefighters Shot Dead at Upstate NY Fire

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray410 View Post
    This is very similar to the New York cab drivers refusing to go into certain areas.

    Similar to the sniper in Oakland who called the police, then shot them as they arrived. Later the residents in that area had a big celebration because the shooter got four cops. There are entire communities in the United States, just as in Brazil, in which police and firefighters will not go. The Navy Guards at the Hunter's Point Shipyard in California had to have iron barriers for years because of the snipers in the nearby housing projects.

    Let their damn houses burn, who cares.
    I hate liking this post because of your last line. But the rest of it I agree with. Many of these neighborhoods are not safe for city workers, and that's the truth. Maybe you're right. Maybe they should just let them do a controlled burn -- and relocate/scatter these people throughout cities and suburbs as a condition of receiving public assistance. They have safety in their numbers. The rest of us are in danger because of the same.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  6. #6
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,620

    Re: Firefighters Shot Dead at Upstate NY Fire

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Agreed. This is a disgusting display. Que the usual knee jerk reactionaries that will immediately turn this into another GC thread. I hope not. Instead tonight at midnight mass, I will offer a prayer for the families of those firefighters.
    Yeah que the knee jerk reactionaries on gun control as the 'let them all burn' reactionaries are already here. Punish them all for the actions of a few... the right hates that when it comes to the punishment being leveled on them but seem to have no problem with it being leveled on others.

    it is disgusting to see firefighters being shot, same as little children... so it would be OK to over react to both and ban ARs, large mags, and have large no go zones for emergency personnel?

    I don't think so...

  7. #7
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Firefighters Shot Dead at Upstate NY Fire

    This happened in my neck of the woods and the area is not a good area for anyone to be in.

    Why would anyone shoot at first responders is beyond my comprehension unless it was an extremist of some sort trying to make a point about guns or something?


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  8. #8
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,751

    Re: Firefighters Shot Dead at Upstate NY Fire

    Damn, while posting in this thead, a special report just came on the news. 3 shot about 20 blocks from where I live. A police officer is dead, and so is an innocent bystander. The shooter is in the hospital in critical condition, which brings me to another one of my patented rants.

    Why the hell are they attempting to save the shooter's life, when we are eventually going to spend millions of taxpayer dollars putting him on trial, imprisoning him for a number of years, before finally putting him to death? It does not make sense. This shooter killed a cop, along with someone who was shopping and minding his own damn business. Let this punk die.

    /rant
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  9. #9
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Firefighters Shot Dead at Upstate NY Fire

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Yeah que the knee jerk reactionaries on gun control as the 'let them all burn' reactionaries are already here. Punish them all for the actions of a few... the right hates that when it comes to the punishment being leveled on them but seem to have no problem with it being leveled on others.

    it is disgusting to see firefighters being shot, same as little children... so it would be OK to over react to both and ban ARs, large mags, and have large no go zones for emergency personnel?

    I don't think so...

    thank you for proving my point.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #10
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,620

    Re: Firefighters Shot Dead at Upstate NY Fire

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    thank you for proving my point.
    I have found most points can be hidden by wearing a hat.

    Actually it was a question- is it alright for the right wing to chant let them all burn but not for the left wing to demand all ARs be rounded up?

    BOTH seems pointlessly extreme.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •