Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 114

Thread: Firefighters Shot Dead at Upstate NY Fire

  1. #11
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Firefighters Shot Dead at Upstate NY Fire

    some people are simply... rabid animals.

    I care not one bit what we do with them after they have proven they are rabid animals...I have little objection to holding them in cells, or publicly mutilating them in the most horrible of fashions... they are little more than meat bags to me, bereft of humanity.

    we, as a society, have chosen to act civilized in the face of such animals.. we protect them , we protect their rights, and we protect their sensibilities.
    not a bad way to go, as it puts us on higher ground... but it is frustrating sometimes, and it really doesn't lend itself to exacting justice.
    our civilized nature in the face of these people...well,it is both a strength and weakness.

  2. #12
    Sage
    Infinite Chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    11-19-17 @ 06:45 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,858

    Re: Firefighters Shot Dead at Upstate NY Fire

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Looks like this shooter got away -- We need a new kind of death penalty

    Police Chief Gerald L. Pickering said the gunman was dead at the scene, but had yet to be identified. The shooter died of a gunshot wound, but police didn't yet know if "it was self inflicted or not."
    The story may have been updated since you posted it but my reading says the shooter is dead of gunshot wounds, police cannot or won't yet say if they are self inflicted.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray410 View Post
    This is very similar to the New York cab drivers refusing to go into certain areas.

    Similar to the sniper in Oakland who called the police, then shot them as they arrived. Later the residents in that area had a big celebration because the shooter got four cops. There are entire communities in the United States, just as in Brazil, in which police and firefighters will not go. The Navy Guards at the Hunter's Point Shipyard in California had to have iron barriers for years because of the snipers in the nearby housing projects.

    Let their damn houses burn, who cares.
    I understand the sentiment but I cannot agree with aid personnel picking and choosing which emergencies to go to. I would rather they had armed guard (with well thought out ROE) than not go in at all. Not all people in "no-go" zones are criminals.

  3. #13
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Firefighters Shot Dead at Upstate NY Fire

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray410 View Post
    This is very similar to the New York cab drivers refusing to go into certain areas.

    Similar to the sniper in Oakland who called the police, then shot them as they arrived. Later the residents in that area had a big celebration because the shooter got four cops. There are entire communities in the United States, just as in Brazil, in which police and firefighters will not go. The Navy Guards at the Hunter's Point Shipyard in California had to have iron barriers for years because of the snipers in the nearby housing projects.

    Let their damn houses burn, who cares.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I hate liking this post because of your last line. But the rest of it I agree with. Many of these neighborhoods are not safe for city workers, and that's the truth. Maybe you're right. Maybe they should just let them do a controlled burn -- and relocate/scatter these people throughout cities and suburbs as a condition of receiving public assistance. They have safety in their numbers. The rest of us are in danger because of the same.
    This isn't business as usual in Webster. Webster's a nice place. It's not a war zone and the community isn't going to be out there celebrating this crap.

    Please don't jump to conclusions about communities you know nothing about.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  4. #14
    Sit Nomine Digna
    Carjosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 10:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,208

    Re: Firefighters Shot Dead at Upstate NY Fire

    When you call 911 in the U.S. don't fire, ambulance, and police arrive or is it just one?

  5. #15
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Firefighters Shot Dead at Upstate NY Fire

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    some people are simply... rabid animals.

    I care not one bit what we do with them after they have proven they are rabid animals...I have little objection to holding them in cells, or publicly mutilating them in the most horrible of fashions... they are little more than meat bags to me, bereft of humanity.

    we, as a society, have chosen to act civilized in the face of such animals.. we protect them , we protect their rights, and we protect their sensibilities.
    not a bad way to go, as it puts us on higher ground... but it is frustrating sometimes, and it really doesn't lend itself to exacting justice.
    our civilized nature in the face of these people...well,it is both a strength and weakness.
    Yeah, that pesky Bill of Rights just keeps getting in the way.

    I always love reading such sentiments from libertarians.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  6. #16
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Firefighters Shot Dead at Upstate NY Fire

    Quote Originally Posted by 0bserver92 View Post
    When you call 911 in the U.S. don't fire, ambulance, and police arrive or is it just one?
    It depends on what you tell the dispatch officer and what they decide to do from there.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  7. #17
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Firefighters Shot Dead at Upstate NY Fire

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    I have found most points can be hidden by wearing a hat.

    Actually it was a question- is it alright for the right wing to chant let them all burn but not for the left wing to demand all ARs be rounded up?

    BOTH seems pointlessly extreme.

    No, ofcourse not...The firefighters have a job to do, and shouldn't have to be targets to some crazy person with a gun firing at them. On the other hand, it is also equally as wrong in my opinion for anti gun people to jump on every instance of violence, not 5 minutes after it happens, to rail against the overwhelming majority of responsible gun owners right to own their weapons.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #18
    Sit Nomine Digna
    Carjosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 10:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,208

    Re: Firefighters Shot Dead at Upstate NY Fire

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    It depends on what you tell the dispatch officer and what they decide to do from there.
    Here it's required in most places that all of them show up. Though they know if they are needed or not. Recently someone called an ambulance to our school, the ambulance and fire came immediately but the police showed up 10 minutes later drinking Tim Hortons (Canadian version of Dunkin Donuts) they are required to come but they aren't used but in this case that could have stopped this shooter. Interesting story about Tim Hortons is my town is that it's not uncommon to find the ambulance and poilce inside, the military also shows up form time to time, it's just weird seeing among the row of parked cars an armored personnel carrier.

  9. #19
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Firefighters Shot Dead at Upstate NY Fire

    Quote Originally Posted by 0bserver92 View Post
    Here it's required in most places that all of them show up. Though they know if they are needed or not. Recently someone called an ambulance to our school, the ambulance and fire came immediately but the police showed up 10 minutes later drinking Tim Hortons (Canadian version of Dunkin Donuts) they are required to come but they aren't used but in this case that could have stopped this shooter. Interesting story about Tim Hortons is my town is that it's not uncommon to find the ambulance and poilce inside, the military also shows up form time to time, it's just weird seeing among the row of parked cars an armored personnel carrier.
    I gotcha. Around here, if you hit a deer and call it in for insurance purposes, they won't send a rescue squad out if you tell the dispatch officer there were no injuries. On the other hand, if they think there's more going on than they're being told, they will use their best judgement.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  10. #20
    Sit Nomine Digna
    Carjosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 10:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,208

    Re: Firefighters Shot Dead at Upstate NY Fire

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    I gotcha. Around here, if you hit a deer and call it in for insurance purposes, they won't send a rescue squad out if you tell the dispatch officer there were no injuries. On the other hand, if they think there's more going on than they're being told, they will use their best judgement.
    They do that here to, a deer is just police. Well if it's a moose they call the ambulance aswell since the moose sometimes wins.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •