Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Gas attack in Homs?

  1. #1
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,671

    Gas attack in Homs?

    Syria: Several killed by Homs gas attack | euronews, world news

    The story has been picked up by several outlets including Al Jazeera, HuffPo and Yahoo but as far as I can tell it's all tied to this single report. Unfortunately, if it turns out to be true we will probably never see state level confirmation. Any kind of international recognition of such an attack would, unfortunately, put the UNSC in an awkward position and with China and Russia supporting Assad.....well, suffice it to say that nobody has the balls to oppose them.

  2. #2
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,748

    Re: Gas attack in Homs?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    Syria: Several killed by Homs gas attack | euronews, world news

    The story has been picked up by several outlets including Al Jazeera, HuffPo and Yahoo but as far as I can tell it's all tied to this single report. Unfortunately, if it turns out to be true we will probably never see state level confirmation. Any kind of international recognition of such an attack would, unfortunately, put the UNSC in an awkward position and with China and Russia supporting Assad.....well, suffice it to say that nobody has the balls to oppose them.
    Oops, sorry. I ate too much potato salad. Won't happen again.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Gas attack in Homs?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    Syria: Several killed by Homs gas attack | euronews, world news

    The story has been picked up by several outlets including Al Jazeera, HuffPo and Yahoo but as far as I can tell it's all tied to this single report. Unfortunately, if it turns out to be true we will probably never see state level confirmation. Any kind of international recognition of such an attack would, unfortunately, put the UNSC in an awkward position and with China and Russia supporting Assad.....well, suffice it to say that nobody has the balls to oppose them.
    i would not say no one will report it. In the case of republicans this is the flimsy proof they need that Saddam had graciously handed all of his chemical weapons over to syria right before he could have used them against american invaders so he could keep his secret arsenal of chemical weapons a secret after he died because he didn't have any WMDs to protect himself because he gave them all to syria and now Syria used one so that proves Saddam gave it to the. That is convoluted enough to make it onto faux news. Now all they need to do is find a way to blame this on Obama and it will be their top story.

    I can see the headlines now: obama gave syria iraq's WMDs.

  4. #4
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,399

    Re: Gas attack in Homs?

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    In the case of republicans this is the flimsy proof they need that Saddam had graciously handed all of his chemical weapons over to syria...
    How would using the weapons matter? Everyone knows Assad has chemical weapons, except you?

  5. #5
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,671

    Re: Gas attack in Homs?

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    i would not say no one will report it. In the case of republicans this is the flimsy proof they need that Saddam had graciously handed all of his chemical weapons over to syria right before he could have used them against american invaders so he could keep his secret arsenal of chemical weapons a secret after he died because he didn't have any WMDs to protect himself because he gave them all to syria and now Syria used one so that proves Saddam gave it to the. That is convoluted enough to make it onto faux news. Now all they need to do is find a way to blame this on Obama and it will be their top story.

    I can see the headlines now: obama gave syria iraq's WMDs.
    Yes, of course....the first thoughts that this report elicits is "does it contradict my ideology?"

    I pray for you.

  6. #6
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,399

    Re: Gas attack in Homs?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    Yes, of course....the first thoughts that this report elicits is "does it contradict my ideology?"
    But how would Assad using the weapons, that (nearly) everyone knows he has, have anything to do with proving they came from Saddam?
    Where did that come from, unless the person proposing such didn't know that Assad has chems. And if that's the case, how can the perspective be taken seriously.

    Fingerprint chems? I don't think so. That stuff was made from agricultural inputs (provided by the West, to sustain livestock production) and the black market (probably the Iranian/nK regime, ironically enough). Where we gonna trace it to?
    Last edited by ecofarm; 12-24-12 at 01:27 PM.

  7. #7
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,399

    Re: Gas attack in Homs?

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    he could have used them against american invaders
    Wrong. We have chem suits (infantry) and it would have eliminated the 'rat hole' option for the coward. He could not.

    Exhibit A: reality.

    Invaders? Hardly. Try liberators.

  8. #8
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,687

    Re: Gas attack in Homs?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    Yes, of course....the first thoughts that this report elicits is "does it contradict my ideology?"

    I pray for you.
    Prayer is good. It can be therapy...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •