Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 198

Thread: Condoms for free at 22 city schools

  1. #91
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 12:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Condoms for free at 22 city schools

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathematician View Post
    That's where we disagree strongly. Life is about accepting the rewards and consequences for your actions.
    When a teenager gets pregnant and has no job or income, most of the time she ends up on welfare. This is where a chunk of your taxpayer dollars go . . . to pay for this teen's pregnancy and then when she has the child, a chunk of your tax money will be spent raising this child through the welfare system, this includes early child development and care, medical bills, food, shelter, clothing, medicine, and anything else that child needs. If the child is special needs, your tax dollars pay for any specialty care this child needs.

    So your argument is that you would rather your tax payer dollars go for the above instead of towards a few dozen condom dispensers? REALLY? That is just silly, and I think you are just being stubborn.

  2. #92
    Sayonara!
    Maenad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    By the water.
    Last Seen
    07-09-14 @ 09:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,259

    Re: Condoms for free at 22 city schools

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathematician View Post
    I'd rather set up a system where the teen parents who can't support their unplanned birth can drop out of school for the time being and work a minimum wage job to pay for the needs of that child. Those who make stupid choices should be the ones to suffer.

    A teen getting pregnant in some circles in America is not considered 'suffering' nor is it a 'consequence.' It is a planned life event so the mom will get subsidized housing, food stamps, welfare, and never have to work a day in her life. Up there in your ivory tower you are bit out of touch.
    Redneck, hillbilly, fundie, Bible thumper, cracker, split tails, geezer, loon, xenophobe, islamaphobe, and homophobe are not words of tolerance.

  3. #93
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 12:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Condoms for free at 22 city schools

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathematician View Post
    I'd rather set up a system where the teen parents who can't support their unplanned birth can drop out of school for the time being and work a minimum wage job to pay for the needs of that child. Those who make stupid choices should be the ones to suffer.
    Well, that is NOT how it works. Teens cannot get a job that would make them enough money to care for themselves never mind themselves and a child.

  4. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Condoms for free at 22 city schools

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathematician View Post
    I'd rather set up a system where the teen parents who can't support their unplanned birth can drop out of school for the time being and work a minimum wage job to pay for the needs of that child. Those who make stupid choices should be the ones to suffer.
    Why not instead of them dropping out have a system where they could do the work at home. Not sure how that would work exactly, but its better than them just dropping out.

  5. #95
    Sayonara!
    Maenad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    By the water.
    Last Seen
    07-09-14 @ 09:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,259

    Re: Condoms for free at 22 city schools

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    When a teenager gets pregnant and has no job or income, most of the time she ends up on welfare. This is where a chunk of your taxpayer dollars go . . . to pay for this teen's pregnancy and then when she has the child, a chunk of your tax money will be spent raising this child through the welfare system, this includes early child development and care, medical bills, food, shelter, clothing, medicine, and anything else that child needs. If the child is special needs, your tax dollars pay for any specialty care this child needs.

    So your argument is that you would rather your tax payer dollars go for the above instead of towards a few dozen condom dispensers? REALLY? That is just silly, and I think you are just being stubborn.
    There are those who deal with reality and those who deal with theory. You can't get someone who is working entirely from theory to ever see reality. They believe in their theory. The can't see all the holes in it. God knows Freud, whose theories have all been discredited, didn't see reality. He saw only his own culture in his own time frame. That is the kind of thinking you are trying to reason with.
    Redneck, hillbilly, fundie, Bible thumper, cracker, split tails, geezer, loon, xenophobe, islamaphobe, and homophobe are not words of tolerance.

  6. #96
    Sayonara!
    Maenad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    By the water.
    Last Seen
    07-09-14 @ 09:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,259

    Re: Condoms for free at 22 city schools

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Why not instead of them dropping out have a system where they could do the work at home. Not sure how that would work exactly, but its better than them just dropping out.
    If the are a baby mamma getting a check, they won't work at home. Girls are no longer expelled from school for being pregnant, and haven't been since the 50s.
    Redneck, hillbilly, fundie, Bible thumper, cracker, split tails, geezer, loon, xenophobe, islamaphobe, and homophobe are not words of tolerance.

  7. #97
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 05:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Condoms for free at 22 city schools

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    It just isnt fair I tell ya...we had to pay a quarter in some sleezy bathroom for our condoms when I was a teen and for a quarter I could go to the movies on saturday.

    Coming over the holiday break to about a third of Philadelphia high schools: clear plastic dispensers chock-full of free condoms.


    The dispensers will be placed in the 22 high schools whose students had the highest rates of sexually transmitted diseases, and condoms will be available to any student - so long as their parents did not sign a form opting them out of the program.



    Condoms for free at 22 city schools
    ya mean you didn't have somebody else pay for your condoms when you were young either?

    I remember those days of abject hardship..spending hard earned coin to procure condoms... twas certainly an affront to our rights... we should have filed civil rights suits... were we not so special as to require other people pay for our **** then too?

  8. #98
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 12:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Condoms for free at 22 city schools

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    ya mean you didn't have somebody else pay for your condoms when you were young either?

    I remember those days of abject hardship..spending hard earned coin to procure condoms... twas certainly an affront to our rights... we should have filed civil rights suits... were we not so special as to require other people pay for our **** then too?
    TIMES. They are a changing.

  9. #99
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    06-21-18 @ 11:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    2,864

    Re: Condoms for free at 22 city schools

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathematician View Post
    I'd rather set up a system where the teen parents who can't support their unplanned birth can drop out of school for the time being and work a minimum wage job to pay for the needs of that child. Those who make stupid choices should be the ones to suffer.
    Or you give them rubbers for free and that scenario goes out the window...
    Men do what they have to when they want to, Great men do what they have to, even when they don't want to.

  10. #100
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,529

    Re: Condoms for free at 22 city schools

    Quote Originally Posted by Fruityfact View Post
    Or you give them rubbers for free and that scenario goes out the window...
    Why stop there? Heck, subsidize a hotel room so that they can procreate like rabbits at 12 and 13 yrs old, and without the consent of their parents, because hey, screwing in the back seat of some 15 year old car is unfair.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •