Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 72

Thread: North Korea confirms arrest of US citizen

  1. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: North Korea confirms arrest of US citizen

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    indeed you did, and I even quoted one such post above



    the same reason someone would still want to go to soviet Russia under the same conditions. Because it would still likely be an interesting and bizarre experience you're unlikely to ever repeat.
    No, I never asserted that anyone supported DPNK..

    Russia today is normal and is hardly a totalitarian country, anyone can go to Russia.

    I understand your point and I agree with it -- yes it would be amusing to travel (anywhere), however I don't see the point if you don't get the entire experience because you're entirely restricted. They won't restrict you in Russia.

    I suppose it would be interesting to visit the old USSR when Stalin was dictator during WWII.

  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: North Korea confirms arrest of US citizen

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    You mean Disneyland (not a circus) - that was what Kim Jong-Il was obsessed with - Disney movies.

    That is if you were trying to pun Kim Jong-Il in your original post.

    On a side note,

    Kim Jong-Il actually abducted (seriously) a South Korean film star and director and forced her and him to make a "Godzilla" propaganda film.
    WOW dude. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't get him to go into your unicorn hole.

  3. #63
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: North Korea confirms arrest of US citizen

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Russia today is normal and is hardly a totalitarian country, anyone can go to Russia.
    lol, you got to be kidding: I didn't claim modern russia was a closed society, I clearly wrote "Soviet Russia". Also, the majority of your disagreements here are so freaking bizarre and seem to require a complete lack of basic comprehension skills

    are you trolling us?

  4. #64
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: North Korea confirms arrest of US citizen

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    WOW dude. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't get him to go into your unicorn hole.
    actually, in NK, the access and travel to many places, like unicorn holes, is heavily regulated.

    -Mr.Nicks other account

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: North Korea confirms arrest of US citizen

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    lol, you got to be kidding: I didn't claim modern russia was a closed society, I clearly wrote "Soviet Russia". Also, the majority of your disagreements here are so freaking bizarre and seem to require a complete lack of basic comprehension skills

    are you trolling us?
    Dude...

    The lack of logic here is astounding.

    Why would someone want to go to a country when they damn well know that what they're experiencing is a lie?

    Do you comprehend that?

    There is nothing bizarre about my question or as you put it "disagreements" - it's a perfectly logical question to ask.

    Yes, I know Soviet Russia...

    Are you trolling me? because you're the one making a big deal out of absolutely nothing. I want to talk about North Korea and you're getting bent that I state facts...

    You're trolling me...

  6. #66
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: North Korea confirms arrest of US citizen

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Dude...

    The lack of logic here is astounding.

    Why would someone want to go to a country when they damn well know that what they're experiencing is a lie?
    1) how would a disagreement on the desirability to visit NK denote a "lack of logic"?

    2) because it would still be a rather unique and bizarre experience. And while they would present you with a pretty manufactured image of the people and state, you will still be able to draw your own inferences about the society


    Because you're the one making a big deal out of absolutely nothing. I want to talk about North Korea and you're getting bent that I state facts...
    Didn't I just address this?

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: North Korea confirms arrest of US citizen

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    1) how would a disagreement on the desirability to visit NK denote a "lack of logic"?

    2) because it would still be a rather unique and bizarre experience. And while they would present you with a pretty manufactured image of the people and state, you will still be able to draw your own inferences about the society




    Didn't I just address this?
    You're doing it again...

    Go eat a hot dog - call it a Polish sausage and call it an authentic Polish meal just for giggles, because that is about what a visit to North Korea would be.. How logical is that, pretending a hot dog is a Polish?

  8. #68
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: North Korea confirms arrest of US citizen

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    You're doing it again...

    Go eat a hot dog - call it a Polish sausage and call it an authentic Polish meal just for giggles, because that is about what a visit to North Korea would be.. How logical is that, pretending a hot dog is a Polish?
    for the above analogy to be correct, I would have needed to assert that the experience of a NK tourist wasn't heavily controlled. I have done nothing but the opposite: no one described the hotdog as anything but a hotdog

  9. #69
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: North Korea confirms arrest of US citizen

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    for the above analogy to be correct, I would have needed to assert that the experience of a NK tourist wasn't heavily controlled. I have done nothing but the opposite: no one described the hotdog as anything but a hotdog
    I did - I said the hot dog was a Polish sausage.

  10. #70
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: North Korea confirms arrest of US citizen

    I'm not sure how that makes sense or addresses MY argument

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •