Page 1 of 107 1231151101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 1067

Thread: NRA Newtown response [W:818]

  1. #1
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,784

    NRA Newtown response [W:818]

    NRA Newtown response: National program to place armed security in schools

    LaPierre in part blamed mass shootings on "vicious, violent video games" such as "Bulletstorm," "Grand Theft Auto," Mortal Kombat" and "Splatterhouse." He also reached back in time to place blame on movies like "American Psycho" and "Natural Born Killers" for portraying "life as a joke and murder as a way of life."

    He went on to say that congress should put armed officers in every school in America. Who'd a thunk that a lobby for gun manufacturing comes up with the solution that we need to sell more guns? What a shocker.

    Anywhoo... I find it interesting that he chose to put a stupidity rift on this issue between his lobbying for the gun manufacturing industry and the video game, movie and music industries. He made it appear as "Guns? it's not gu.... LOOK OVER THERE!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  2. #2
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,258

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    [INDENT]
    He went on to say that congress should put armed officers in every school in America. !"
    I laughed my ass off when I heard this. You simply can't polish a turd better than that!

  3. #3
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 11:30 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,026

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Typical liberals.

    It's not the glorified graphic violence in Hollywood, the celebrated violence in rap music, the kill-somebody-every-second video games, the overly sympathetic judicial system, or the unlimited coverage and repetition provided by the media.

    It's just the guns.

    FYI, mass murders happened more frequently 1,000 years ago, when there was no such thing as a gun.

  4. #4
    Guru
    Muddy Creek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    04-05-13 @ 09:02 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,103

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Yeah, PUSH those profits by forcing the government to use MORE tax payer dollars to buy our guns. We already spend MORE in Homeland Security to arm the police than we have been in defense to arm the military.
    Alex Carey:

    ... the 20th century has been characterized by three developments of great political importance: The growth of democracy, the growth of corporate power, and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.

    Australian social scientist, quoted by Noam Chomsky in World Orders Old and New

  5. #5
    Guru
    Muddy Creek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    04-05-13 @ 09:02 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,103

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Typical liberals.

    It's not the glorified graphic violence in Hollywood, the celebrated violence in rap music, the kill-somebody-every-second video games, the overly sympathetic judicial system, or the unlimited coverage and repetition provided by the media.

    It's just the guns.

    FYI, mass murders happened more frequently 1,000 years ago, when there was no such thing as a gun.
    Look, it's the semi-automatic, automatic weapons in the hands of psychos and children who are psychos from parents teaching them that are the problem. We need MORE regulations on who gets to buy a gun. The gun lobby wants you to look away from their sales and at video game sales.
    Alex Carey:

    ... the 20th century has been characterized by three developments of great political importance: The growth of democracy, the growth of corporate power, and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.

    Australian social scientist, quoted by Noam Chomsky in World Orders Old and New

  6. #6
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    NRA typical ****. Its everyone's fault except the weapons they uphold. Apparently we need to buy more guns! Who woulda thought the NRA advocate that position!? I also thought it was quite hilarious that hardly any Republicans went on record about the shooting in relations to guns until after the NRA came out with this statement, we can see whos in the NRA's pockets.


  7. #7
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,242
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    NRA Newtown response: National program to place armed security in schools

    LaPierre in part blamed mass shootings on "vicious, violent video games" such as "Bulletstorm," "Grand Theft Auto," Mortal Kombat" and "Splatterhouse." He also reached back in time to place blame on movies like "American Psycho" and "Natural Born Killers" for portraying "life as a joke and murder as a way of life."

    He went on to say that congress should put armed officers in every school in America. Who'd a thunk that a lobby for gun manufacturing comes up with the solution that we need to sell more guns? What a shocker.

    Anywhoo... I find it interesting that he chose to put a stupidity rift on this issue between his lobbying for the gun manufacturing industry and the video game, movie and music industries. He made it appear as "Guns? it's not gu.... LOOK OVER THERE!"
    Fortunately, we don't need the NRA or anyone else to tell us that violence begets violence. Yes. Violence in video games desensitizes young uncooked minds. There is no question in my mind. Do all young people who play these games by the hour/day/week/year turn into killers? Of course not. Just as all people who have access to guns don't become mass murderers.

    You forgot to mention one of the games: Kindergarten Killers. It's been around for ten year. Cute, huh?

    Kindergarten Killers.jpg

    The game is a crude, point-and-click target shooter depicting a janitor gone on a shotgun rampage inside a school. Angry cartoon children fire back with firearms of their own, and their wounds spurt blood until they are shot dead.
    Or perhaps you'd like to play: Super Columbine Massacre?

    Put these games together with movies like Hostel's I, II and III, sicko porn-violence movies of a similiar ilk available on our cable tv stations, and you've got an ample buffet on which sick minds can feed.

    We are a sick society.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  8. #8
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,242
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    I laughed my ass off when I heard this. You simply can't polish a turd better than that!
    *Shaking Head*

    We can put armed guards in most courthouses in the United States. Limited access at most every police station in the country. Yet we think protecting our children is polishing a turd.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  9. #9
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,211

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    NRA Newtown response: National program to place armed security in schools

    LaPierre in part blamed mass shootings on "vicious, violent video games" such as "Bulletstorm," "Grand Theft Auto," Mortal Kombat" and "Splatterhouse." He also reached back in time to place blame on movies like "American Psycho" and "Natural Born Killers" for portraying "life as a joke and murder as a way of life."

    He went on to say that congress should put armed officers in every school in America. Who'd a thunk that a lobby for gun manufacturing comes up with the solution that we need to sell more guns? What a shocker.

    Anywhoo... I find it interesting that he chose to put a stupidity rift on this issue between his lobbying for the gun manufacturing industry and the video game, movie and music industries. He made it appear as "Guns? it's not gu.... LOOK OVER THERE!"
    No stupidity is blaming the NRA for the deaths of 27 innocent lives.

    Disgusting is using 27 innocent lives to push your political agenda.

    You libs never cease to amaze me at the depths of depravity and souless leaching you'll do to get your political point across.

    Parents are burrying their kids today. Would you care if you couldn't make some political hay with that ?

    Doubt it.

  10. #10
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,258

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Typical liberals.

    .
    As you drift further and further to the right, the world appears smaller and smaller in your rear view mirror. The myopia of the right and the NRA is laughable. You're embarrassing yourselves.

Page 1 of 107 1231151101 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •