Page 91 of 107 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast
Results 901 to 910 of 1067

Thread: NRA Newtown response [W:818]

  1. #901
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,315
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    You have gone and made an assumption, while saying that assumptions should not be made. You seem to have forgotten that at such as Lexington and Concord, it was militias that fired upon "the state". Militias are not the state. Never have been. They are the defenders of the local common.

    As to defending against the state, just as with "separation of church and state", we go to the writings of the Founders beyond the exact Constitution. It helps if we go to their own explanations of the intent behind the Constitution, such as much that was written about the Second Amendment, and not to their otherwise personal opinions. It makes the Federalist Papers so credible. Which was the point of my "seperation of church and state", embraced by liberals, but otherwise not found in explanation of the First Amendment. Its that selective nonsense that liberals so often do.

    TO be clear, you are completely wrong about the Second Amendment, both literally, and when examining its underlying intent.
    Your first sentence alone is in error. I have not said that assumptions should not be made. I am pointing out the hypocrisy of claiming that interpretations are bad while interpreting yourself. You vare interpreting yourself, going beyond the constitution to find meaning. I personally do not have any problem with doing so, and consider that exactly appropriate. However, I do not turn around and complain when others interpret.

    What you are failing to realize because you are making preconceived assumptions, is that I am not arguing about what the second amendment means. You would probably be surprised at my opinions on that. What I am doing, and the only thing I am doing is showing the hypocrisy in those who say literal interpretation and then interpret beyond the actual words in the Constitution. Stop reading into what I am writing and look at just what I am actually saying.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #902
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,315
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    At the end of the day the only thing that matters is that the Supreme Court interpreted the constitution that way. I believe you were just extolling your knowledge of constitutional law a few pages back, so perhaps you can tell us what legal effect that has on the second amendment?
    What SCOTUS has said about the second amendment has no bearing on the point I am making. Read what I have written, not what you want to argue against.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #903
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The great lakes
    Last Seen
    06-12-13 @ 02:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Again, you are adding words and meanings not contained in the second amendment. Why can you not admit that what you are doing is interpreting?
    Again? This was my first response to this thread - clearly, you are not paying attention.

    I don't recall saying I was not interpreting - I merely addressed your question; you have not countered my response, so I will assume you find it sound.

  4. #904
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Your first sentence alone is in error. I have not said that assumptions should not be made. I am pointing out the hypocrisy of claiming that interpretations are bad while interpreting yourself. You vare interpreting yourself, going beyond the constitution to find meaning. I personally do not have any problem with doing so, and consider that exactly appropriate. However, I do not turn around and complain when others interpret.

    What you are failing to realize because you are making preconceived assumptions, is that I am not arguing about what the second amendment means. You would probably be surprised at my opinions on that. What I am doing, and the only thing I am doing is showing the hypocrisy in those who say literal interpretation and then interpret beyond the actual words in the Constitution. Stop reading into what I am writing and look at just what I am actually saying.
    LOL ... I am laughing with you on this one, as to divine what everyone has said in every post would be a fool's task. I have surely taken liberties in arguing in-part some aspect of your posts, while also then arguing against the typical liberal position on such, much of which we are seeing now from such as Sen. Feinstein and others. I am fishing for a defender of the typical liberal argument, and coming up a bit empty. Your point was what you perceived as the specific hypocrisy of a poster here. Fair enough, but that argument is pretty much you and him. My point was the broader argument of liberal hypocrisy regarding the literal Bill of Rights, the Founders explaination of the Bill of Rights, and then the modern liberal interpretations that our Founders would find near blasphemous.

    Of note. You seem to be the only liberal who is able to, much less chooses to, hang in this argument.

    Happy New Year, it would seem.

    Note: I gave you a 'like', but its like a 'half-like', rounded up !

  5. #905
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,634

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by jakiejakester View Post
    You know there are millions of us who are pro-gun control but not based on faith. I also think the vast majority are in the world of reality and know that total bans are a fantasy that will never, ever happen.

    Banning AR type weapons and large magazines is not total gun control and people are not asking for that - I've not seen one national politician come out with that stance. How do you account for the low crime and murder rate in NYC since strict gun registration was enacted? With 9 million or so residents it seems that very few of my neighbors own guns yet we're safe and the murder rate here continues to decrease dramatically, how come?
    its a step towards more control yet has no legitimate purpose

    how do you account for chicago and DC being the crime capitols of the Free world with gun bans.

    tell us why you are so worried about honest people being armed with the same stuff cops have

  6. #906
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The great lakes
    Last Seen
    06-12-13 @ 02:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    tell us why you are so worried about honest people being armed with the same stuff cops have
    Hoplophobia.

  7. #907
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,315
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    LOL ... I am laughing with you on this one, as to divine what everyone has said in every post would be a fool's task. I have surely taken liberties in arguing in-part some aspect of your posts, while also then arguing against the typical liberal position on such, much of which we are seeing now from such as Sen. Feinstein and others. I am fishing for a defender of the typical liberal argument, and coming up a bit empty. Your point was what you perceived as the specific hypocrisy of a poster here. Fair enough, but that argument is pretty much you and him. My point was the broader argument of liberal hypocrisy regarding the literal Bill of Rights, the Founders explaination of the Bill of Rights, and then the modern liberal interpretations that our Founders would find near blasphemous.

    Of note. You seem to be the only liberal who is able to, much less chooses to, hang in this argument.

    Happy New Year, it would seem.

    Note: I gave you a 'like', but its like a 'half-like', rounded up !
    And you are coming up empty because you have no conception of what liberal arguments actually are. You are arguing against an imagined position that has nothing to do with my position. Kinda dishonest....
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #908
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    And you are coming up empty because you have no conception of what liberal arguments actually are. You are arguing against an imagined position that has nothing to do with my position. Kinda dishonest....
    All due respect, the position against which I argue is hardly imagined. Its the current liberal diatribe, as I have now indicated several times, So, for those of us who are confused by your post, just WTF is your position then ? All I see is a frivilous point, that matters not a twit, while the rest of us are trying to stay relevent with what is going on with the media, and the idiot libtards in D.C.

  9. #909
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,634

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    All due respect, the position against which I argue is hardly imagined. Its the current liberal diatribe, as I have now indicated several times, So, for those of us who are confused by your post, just WTF is your position then ? All I see is a frivilous point, that matters not a twit, while the rest of us are trying to stay relevent with what is going on with the media, and the idiot libtards in D.C.
    I have not seen any anti gun nonsense out of redress. just because someone is "very liberal" doesn't mean they are hoplophobes.

  10. #910
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I have not seen any anti gun nonsense out of redress. just because someone is "very liberal" doesn't mean they are hoplophobes.
    I just want to know what his actual position is, as otherwise it seems he is debating semantics, and wasting a lot of time doing such. Not much worth the time if the only issue is semantics. Some of us are looking to debate the actual thread topic.

Page 91 of 107 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •