Page 9 of 107 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 1067

Thread: NRA Newtown response [W:818]

  1. #81
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,333
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    A#1) No.

    A#2) No.

    You chose Japan as the analogy. Japan allows virtually no guns. That is not what is on the table here.

    Further, as I crudely noted, all of Japan's crime rates are hugely lower than ours. Their society is in nowhere near the state of moral decay that ours is.

    Want to take a guess as to their rate of "flash mob" crime ? How about arrests for playing "knockout" ? Those crimes have nothing to do with guns.
    Thecorrect answer to both would be yes, not no. You still have no clue what the simple point I was making is.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #82
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,333
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    I don't know the answer for sure (does anybody?), but gun violence in the US is staggeringly high.
    In the US in 2012, the rate of gun murders per 100k was 3.59, nonfatal gun assaults 11.8, and gun aggravated assaults 50.8. Add them all together and you still get a rate of under 0.1 %.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #83
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,333
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Because they are fun to shoot.

    Why would homo butt sex be needed as it cannot produce babies.....

    And... Assault Rifles are already illegal (As Redress pointed out). Semi Automatic guns in general, whether they be rifles or pistols, only fire as fast as the person who can squeeze the trigger each time a bullet is fired.

    I don't think you quite understand the details of a topic you are trying to debate.


    Which is the problem for most people debating FOR gun control.
    Homo sex is between consenting adults. Gun violence not so much;. Stupid comparisons are stupid.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #84
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Homo sex is between consenting adults. Gun violence not so much;. Stupid comparisons are stupid.
    Homo Sex can be rape...... which is not consenting........

    Shooting a semi auto rifle at targets is a hobby that one consents to.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  5. #85
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    If that is your belief, you can hardly claim hardship if they are banned.
    I am claiming that it will not fix anything.

  6. #86
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Thecorrect answer to both would be yes, not no. You still have no clue what the simple point I was making is.
    I got your point perfectly. Then I showed it was a false analogy.

  7. #87
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,333
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    I got your point perfectly. Then I showed it was a false analogy.
    You have not shown anything to be false. Nice try though. Hint: Don't read more into what I wrote than what is actually there, and do not make assumptions that may not be true.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #88
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,756

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    NRA Newtown response: National program to place armed security in schools

    LaPierre in part blamed mass shootings on "vicious, violent video games" such as "Bulletstorm," "Grand Theft Auto," Mortal Kombat" and "Splatterhouse." He also reached back in time to place blame on movies like "American Psycho" and "Natural Born Killers" for portraying "life as a joke and murder as a way of life."

    He went on to say that congress should put armed officers in every school in America. Who'd a thunk that a lobby for gun manufacturing comes up with the solution that we need to sell more guns? What a shocker.

    Anywhoo... I find it interesting that he chose to put a stupidity rift on this issue between his lobbying for the gun manufacturing industry and the video game, movie and music industries. He made it appear as "Guns? it's not gu.... LOOK OVER THERE!"
    The NRA didn't know that Columbine already had armed guards on their campus, and Virginia Tech already had a police force on their campus? How did that work out?
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  9. #89
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    The NRA didn't know that Columbine already had armed guards on their campus, and Virginia Tech already had a police force on their campus? How did that work out?
    So what is YOUR solution?
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  10. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You have not shown anything to be false. Nice try though. Hint: Don't read more into what I wrote than what is actually there, and do not make assumptions that may not be true.
    LOL ... you ask me two yes/no questions, and I answer "no" to each, and you then say that the answer should be "yes". Is that the kind of debate you are talking about ?

    I not only rebutted your example, with facts, but you have failed to then rebut my points. You can keep whining though.

    Folks. Before the VA Teck shooting, campus police there did not carry guns. Afterwards, they changed the policy, and now they do.

    Same with Northern Illinois. That is the best first solution. Not "gun control". Not the decay of society, which cannot be reversed before it gets much worse.

Page 9 of 107 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •