Page 87 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast
Results 861 to 870 of 1067

Thread: NRA Newtown response [W:818]

  1. #861
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:47 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,316
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: NRA Newtown response [W:818]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I know for a fact that you took the same oath that I did, when you joined the service. Do you recall the, "...defend against enemies foreign and domestic", part? Ummm, yeah!
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I know for a fact that you took the same oath that I did, when you joined the service. Do you recall the, "...defend against enemies foreign and domestic", part? Ummm, yeah!
    Well, you posted this twice in response to me, and I am totally confused now. Your comments have had exactly nothing to do with what I wrote, nor Mr. Nick interpreting the constitution while claiming it should not be interpreted(presumably by people other than him). Your comments have nothing to do with what is actually written and it's literal meaning.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #862
    Student jakiejakester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Soho, NYC
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    263

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Tell that to the Cubans, Russians, Germans, Jews, Syrians, Cambodians, Laotians, Vietnamese, North Koreans, Chinese, Rwandans, Ugandans, Bulgarians, Bosnians, Serbians, Hungarians, Irish, Scottish, British, French, Argentenians, Chileans, El Salvadorans, Nicarauguans, Panamanians, Mexicans, Venezualans...

    Tell them that there's nothing to fear from the government and that there's no need for any safegaurds to be put in place to protect the people from the government. All those countries have two things in common...care to guess what those two things are?
    I don't understand? This is the USA, not Cuba, Russia etc. Your point would only have validity if they had the US Constitution which they do not and never will.

    Comparing our government to Cambodia et al is a giant misdirection and in my mind has no validity.
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

  3. #863
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So you do not believe in a literal interpretatrion of the constitution, since the Second Amendment does not state nor suggest that.
    This would be a highly unenlightened comment.

    First: You raise the notion that the Second Amendment does not "suggest" .. blah . blah .. blah. Well, would you care to point out the words in the Constitution that go to the "seperation of Church and State", a favorite chorus of such as yourself ? It ain't there, is it !!! As most of us know, it is in a letter written by Jefferson well after the fact, but which libs seem to include as Constitutional gospel ! With that as the invite, let us look further at Jefferson.

    As others have already pointed out the short-sightedness of your assertion, namely that the right to bear arms shall not be infinged, let us also look at the words of the same Jefferson on this topic:

    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.
    What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?
    You should quit before you fall further behind.

  4. #864
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by jakiejakester View Post
    I don't understand? This is the USA, not Cuba, Russia etc. Your point would only have validity if they had the US Constitution which they do not and never will.

    Comparing our government to Cambodia et al is a giant misdirection and in my mind has no validity.
    Swing and a miss. What good is our Constitution if it is "living and breathing", and obtw, doesn't really mean what it says ? Which would be to not have one ...

    You did get "I do not understand" correct.

  5. #865
    Student jakiejakester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Soho, NYC
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    263

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Just because you feel content with the government doesn't make our government any less evil than it already is. As a libertarian, and an individual educated with vast amounts of history I can tell you that our government is more than capable of turning the US into North Korea or China in progressive fashion... Obviously the first attack in that process will be to disarm US citizens and remove all defense from the authoritarian scheme.

    The simple fact there are lawmakers out there that want to ban guns should be a big wake up call.
    I feel badly that you live in a world that causes you so much fear and distrust. To be quite honest I have no idea where you're coming from. It seems unbelievable to me to the extreme.
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

  6. #866
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by jakiejakester View Post
    I feel badly that you live in a world that causes you so much fear and distrust. To be quite honest I have no idea where you're coming from. It seems unbelievable to me to the extreme.
    that is funny coming from a poster whose main topic is based on fear and distrust of fellow citizens who legally own guns

  7. #867
    Student jakiejakester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Soho, NYC
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    263

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    that's not accurate. the morons who passed the law were told they were making silly cosmetic distinctions that had no relevance such as making an "assault weapon" definition based on stuff like bayonet lugs, folding stocks and flash hiders. SO when those features caused a weapon to be banned the makers merely deleted them so they could sell their products

    that is called COMPLYING WITH THE LAW

    mass killing-why do cops carry those things then? I have no duty to prove your claims-you are the one who wants to Limit our rights-the burden is on you to PROVE that your infringing on our rights created massive improvements in public safety

    YOU CANNOT
    I don't have to or I do through my votes. I strongly believe that the police should have more powerful weapons than me. The cops are the good guys, right? Doesn't the NRA say they want to arm the "good guys"? You'll never convince me that you need to have the same weaponry as my local police because you'll never convince me that I need to fear the police.
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

  8. #868
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Some folks over-think and some under-think. You can be dismissive of the Supreme Court, and embrace the 2nd Amendment as literal truth but both come from the same creators, the Founding Fathers. You reject the concept of a group of Judges dedicated to the law were given their role by the same folks who wrote the Bill of Rights.

    There is more slippery here than just slopes...
    That is hugely naive. James Madison is credited as the "Father of the Constitution", and yet the defining case where the SCOTUS took oversight power over the Laws passed by Congress, aka "Judicial Review" was "Marbury vs. Madison". When reading the intent of the Founders, and a great start is the Federalist Papers, it is clear that their intent has been warped over time, and that a strong argument could be made that they would object with vigor to many of the liberal machinations of SCOTUS since they drew it up !

  9. #869
    Student jakiejakester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Soho, NYC
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    263

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    The Bill of Rights are quite blunt... Such writings don't need to be interpreted - especially given what the founding fathers were aiming at.

    Our founding fathers clearly understood the dangers of a society ruled by a theocracy, monarchy or any authoritarian governance
    .
    And in 2012 America none of those threats exist in my opinion nor have they in the 50+ years that I've been alive. I do not have the same fears that some people here do or say they do.
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

  10. #870
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by jakiejakester View Post
    I don't have to or I do through my votes. I strongly believe that the police should have more powerful weapons than me. The cops are the good guys, right? Doesn't the NRA say they want to arm the "good guys"? You'll never convince me that you need to have the same weaponry as my local police because you'll never convince me that I need to fear the police.
    last time I checked the rest of us citizens who obey the law and dont use guns to hold up banks or murder innocent little kids are GOOD GUYS TOO and my life is as valuable as some cops

    And you seem to think that I need those weapons to fight the police when I need them for the same reason the cops do

    TO FIGHT CRIMINALS WHO HAVE ALL SORTS OF WEAPONS THEY GOT ILLEGALLY

Page 87 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •