Page 86 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast
Results 851 to 860 of 1067

Thread: NRA Newtown response [W:818]

  1. #851
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,580

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    It states why right in the amendment.
    Nice dodge. Careful you don't tear an ACL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #852
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:22 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,353
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Nice dodge. Careful you don't tear an ACL.
    I think my point about "interpreting" the amendment went way over your head.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #853
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,580

    Re: NRA Newtown response [W:818]

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    That is not what you claimed though. Let's go back and look at your claim:



    Oddly, what you underlined and what you claimed are not the same thing. In fact, quite different. You interpreted...
    I know for a fact that you took the same oath that I did, when you joined the service. Do you recall the, "...defend against enemies foreign and domestic", part? Ummm, yeah!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #854
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,580

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I think my point about "interpreting" the amendment went way over your head.
    I know for a fact that you took the same oath that I did, when you joined the service. Do you recall the, "...defend against enemies foreign and domestic", part? Ummm, yeah!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #855
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,580

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    so you want to treat every kid like their father is the president and therefore a legitimate terror target? Going to cost a lot of $ you dont have!
    It would be a better use of the tax payers money than pissing it away on crap like the stealfromus package, Solyndra, Light Squared and Cash for Clunkers. Yes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #856
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: NRA Newtown response [W:818]

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I certainly did not make any claim on what "regulated" means in the context of the second amendment, nor does it have anything to do with your interpretation that you claim is not an interpretation. It is, therefore, an attempt to divert away from your saying no one should interpret, but that you in fact do just that.
    All reading is interpretation - I understand our founding fathers position and their intent. I understand their language and how they used it...

    It's funny how people have no problem interpreting their language until it comes to the Bill of Rights and then all of a sudden there is controversy as to the meaning of words.

  7. #857
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Nice dodge. Careful you don't tear an ACL.
    actually as far as self described "very liberals" go, Redress is pretty pro gun from what I recall

  8. #858
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,634

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    With the exception of the where ever and the whenever, no one else is sayng otherwise. Unless you can show me the post where someone is arguing that exploding projectiles, fired from indirect fire weapons should be legal. Can you?

    In fact, if there was any evidence that gun bans work, there wouldn't be an argument. But, let's remember that the Columbine massacre happened three years after the last "assault rifle" ban and magazine restriction.
    Where ever and whenever are pretty big exceptions! The very crux of the debate, trying to pull exploding projos into this is bogus. I thought this was about weapons into 'gun' free zones and schools? What Justice Scalia said is the 2nd Amendment can be restricted and wasn't an unlimited right, which is what many of the hardcore carry folks want to claim.

    hardcore believers constantly carry on about 'where in the Constitution does it say' but it doesn't say anything about the mentally ill or felons and yet they are not allowed to purchase or own firearms.

    What the intellectual anchor of the conservative side of the Supreme court has done is keep open the door for restrictions on mags, weapons, number to be bought in whatever time frame- pretty much the whole ball of wax the arguments involve.

  9. #859
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: NRA Newtown response [W:818]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I know for a fact that you took the same oath that I did, when you joined the service. Do you recall the, "...defend against enemies foreign and domestic", part? Ummm, yeah!
    I don't foresee military attacking US citizens - I wouldn't.

  10. #860
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,634

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    I could care less.... It would be interesting to see how those same justices interpret a Dr. Seuss book.

    Lawyers are lawyers and they over-think everything. The travesty of law is the fact history and reason have no role in law. I mean all anyone has to do to understand the Second Amendment is to understand theocracies and monarchies then it all comes into frame - however those ideas cannot be considered under law when making judgments.

    In short the "slippery slope" philosophically exists, yet it is nothing more than philosophy, hence it is not admissible or could be never legally considered as a lawful argument -- yet it exists as "precedent."
    Some folks over-think and some under-think. You can be dismissive of the Supreme Court, and embrace the 2nd Amendment as literal truth but both come from the same creators, the Founding Fathers. You reject the concept of a group of Judges dedicated to the law were given their role by the same folks who wrote the Bill of Rights.

    There is more slippery here than just slopes...

Page 86 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •