Page 85 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast
Results 841 to 850 of 1067

Thread: NRA Newtown response [W:818]

  1. #841
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:34 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    but that is subject to several different interpretations.
    Ahhhhhhhhh....
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #842
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You are clearly interpreting the second amendment since nowhere does it claim or suggest that it's purpose is to defend against the government. So you claim it does not need to be interpreted, except by you apparently.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

    It clearly states that!

  3. #843
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,564

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Ahhhhhhhhh....
    what does security of a free state mean

    what we do know is that no part of the constitution said anything about the government regulating small arms. it only "gained that power" in 1934 when FDR tried to ban machine guns and his AG said that would be unconstitutional so he demanded they come up with a way to deter people from owning them

  4. #844
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:34 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: NRA Newtown response [W:818]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

    It clearly states that!
    That is not what you claimed though. Let's go back and look at your claim:

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    The Second Amendment is in place to keep the government in check and to assure lawmakers obey and respect the Bill of Rights.

    An infringement of that right may as well be a declaration of war by the government on its citizens.

    The Second Amendment should be respected not loathed. Not to mention the strong majority of progressives could care less about an individual, yet they cry about guns that allegedly grow legs, walk themselves around and shoot people.
    Oddly, what you underlined and what you claimed are not the same thing. In fact, quite different. You interpreted...
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #845
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:34 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    what does security of a free state mean
    "A free state", being singular, would most likely refer to the US as a whole, just as a foreign state refers to a foreign country.

    what we do know is that no part of the constitution said anything about the government regulating small arms. it only "gained that power" in 1934 when FDR tried to ban machine guns and his AG said that would be unconstitutional so he demanded they come up with a way to deter people from owning them
    Irrelevant to anything I am saying, nor am I contending with your points there.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #846
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: NRA Newtown response [W:818]

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    That is not what you claimed though. Let's go back and look at your claim:



    Oddly, what you underlined and what you claimed are not the same thing. In fact, quite different. You interpreted...

    No it's not - "regulated" means armed - one cannot interpret 21st (or even late 20th century) lingo with 18th century lingo.

  7. #847
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:34 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: NRA Newtown response [W:818]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    No it's not - "regulated" means armed - one cannot interpret 21st (or even late 20th century) lingo with 18th century lingo.
    Which does not have anything to do with what you claimed. Diversion failed.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #848
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,564

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    "A free state", being singular, would most likely refer to the US as a whole, just as a foreign state refers to a foreign country.



    Irrelevant to anything I am saying, nor am I contending with your points there.
    I know but I never pass up a chance to edify the ignorant wherever they may be lurking

    its hard to have a free state when the people are disarmed-but you know that too

    carry on

  9. #849
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: NRA Newtown response [W:818]

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Which does not have anything to do with what you claimed. Diversion failed.
    I made no such "diversion."

    Show me where you believe I did?

  10. #850
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:34 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: NRA Newtown response [W:818]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    I made no such "diversion."

    Show me where you believe I did?
    I certainly did not make any claim on what "regulated" means in the context of the second amendment, nor does it have anything to do with your interpretation that you claim is not an interpretation. It is, therefore, an attempt to divert away from your saying no one should interpret, but that you in fact do just that.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 85 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •