Page 83 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast
Results 821 to 830 of 1067

Thread: NRA Newtown response [W:818]

  1. #821
    Advisor Iron Yank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    12-21-16 @ 09:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    317

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    So does any Obama supporter think that Obama gave any second thought to type of gun & the size of the clips that he pushed to be sold to the Drug Cartels in his fast & furious scheme?

    Please try to defend him here, I'm waiting with baited breath.

    If they would like to confiscate guns maybe they could try to get the ones they themselves put on the streets of the USA & Mexico in the hands of some of the worst killers around instead of law abiding citizens.

  2. #822
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by jakiejakester View Post
    I do not mean to imply that you have any sort of phobia - I have no idea and it is inappropriate for me to suggest that you do. When I read here how people are all hyped up about a government that doesn't resemble what we are today to the point that someone needs weapons to defend themselves it does seem impossible to me. At no time have I ever felt anything remotely resembling that type of fear. Even during 9/11 (I live in lower Manhattan) I never feared that there would be chaos that would result in my having to defend myself against our own government. Actually I felt that our government would protect us to the best of their abilities.
    The Second Amendment is in place to keep the government in check and to assure lawmakers obey and respect the Bill of Rights.

    An infringement of that right may as well be a declaration of war by the government on its citizens.

    The Second Amendment should be respected not loathed. Not to mention the strong majority of progressives could care less about an individual, yet they cry about guns that allegedly grow legs, walk themselves around and shoot people.

  3. #823
    Student jakiejakester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Soho, NYC
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    263

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Yank View Post
    So does any Obama supporter think that Obama gave any second thought to type of gun & the size of the clips that he pushed to be sold to the Drug Cartels in his fast & furious scheme?

    Please try to defend him here, I'm waiting with baited breath.

    If they would like to confiscate guns maybe they could try to get the ones they themselves put on the streets of the USA & Mexico in the hands of some of the worst killers around instead of law abiding citizens.
    The topic of this thread is the NRA response to Newtown. I am uninterested in debating Fast and Furious here. If I want to debate that topic I will join a thread that is about that.
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

  4. #824
    Student jakiejakester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Soho, NYC
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    263

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    The Second Amendment is in place to keep the government in check and to assure lawmakers obey and respect the Bill of Rights.

    An infringement of that right may as well be a declaration of war by the government on its citizens.

    The Second Amendment should be respected not loathed. Not to mention the strong majority of progressives could care less about an individual, yet they cry about guns that allegedly grow legs, walk themselves around and shoot people.
    Where we disagree is that I do not fear our government the way some others here do. I can't ever envision having to own a gun to fend off an attack against my government.

    I'm not afraid nor am I afraid for my children and my loved ones and friends. In theory I live in the most likely place in America to feel afraid from some sort of attack yet I feel protected.
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

  5. #825
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,988

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by jakiejakester View Post
    The topic of this thread is the NRA response to Newtown. I am uninterested in debating Fast and Furious here. If I want to debate that topic I will join a thread that is about that.
    So Obama gives criminals "assault weapons" and grenades and the NRA wants guards with inferior weapons... and you go "THIS CANNOT BE DISCUSSED LIKE THIS! New thread."
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  6. #826
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,619

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    it is always interesting to read the posts of those claiming various degrees of understanding the Constitution and what it means. Great to see the questions asking for where in the Constitution does it say....

    But these scholars seem to be ignorant of the other half of the Heller decision. Written by Justice Scalia, the so-called intellectual anchor of the conservative wing of the Court, he found where the 2nd Amendment can be restricted without amending it. He said something along the lines of the Right to bear doesn't mean whatever, whenever, where ever. He does point out the decision the court handed down in Heller doesn't mean the mentally ill or felons now can purchase, carry and use firearms.

    I'd say those wanting to know 'where in the Constitution does it say...' I'd direct them to Justice Scalia...

  7. #827
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,215

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by jakiejakester View Post
    Where we disagree is that I do not fear our government the way some others here do. I can't ever envision having to own a gun to fend off an attack against my government.

    I'm not afraid nor am I afraid for my children and my loved ones and friends. In theory I live in the most likely place in America to feel afraid from some sort of attack yet I feel protected.
    Tell that to the Cubans, Russians, Germans, Jews, Syrians, Cambodians, Laotians, Vietnamese, North Koreans, Chinese, Rwandans, Ugandans, Bulgarians, Bosnians, Serbians, Hungarians, Irish, Scottish, British, French, Argentenians, Chileans, El Salvadorans, Nicarauguans, Panamanians, Mexicans, Venezualans...

    Tell them that there's nothing to fear from the government and that there's no need for any safegaurds to be put in place to protect the people from the government. All those countries have two things in common...care to guess what those two things are?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #828
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by jakiejakester View Post
    Where we disagree is that I do not fear our government the way some others here do. I can't ever envision having to own a gun to fend off an attack against my government.

    I'm not afraid nor am I afraid for my children and my loved ones and friends. In theory I live in the most likely place in America to feel afraid from some sort of attack yet I feel protected.
    Just because you feel content with the government doesn't make our government any less evil than it already is. As a libertarian, and an individual educated with vast amounts of history I can tell you that our government is more than capable of turning the US into North Korea or China in progressive fashion... Obviously the first attack in that process will be to disarm US citizens and remove all defense from the authoritarian scheme.

    The simple fact there are lawmakers out there that want to ban guns should be a big wake up call.

  9. #829
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,215

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    it is always interesting to read the posts of those claiming various degrees of understanding the Constitution and what it means. Great to see the questions asking for where in the Constitution does it say....

    But these scholars seem to be ignorant of the other half of the Heller decision. Written by Justice Scalia, the so-called intellectual anchor of the conservative wing of the Court, he found where the 2nd Amendment can be restricted without amending it. He said something along the lines of the Right to bear doesn't mean whatever, whenever, where ever. He does point out the decision the court handed down in Heller doesn't mean the mentally ill or felons now can purchase, carry and use firearms.

    I'd say those wanting to know 'where in the Constitution does it say...' I'd direct them to Justice Scalia...
    With the exception of the where ever and the whenever, no one else is sayng otherwise. Unless you can show me the post where someone is arguing that exploding projectiles, fired from indirect fire weapons should be legal. Can you?

    In fact, if there was any evidence that gun bans work, there wouldn't be an argument. But, let's remember that the Columbine massacre happened three years after the last "assault rifle" ban and magazine restriction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #830
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,215

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    So Obama gives criminals "assault weapons" and grenades and the NRA wants guards with inferior weapons... and you go "THIS CANNOT BE DISCUSSED LIKE THIS! New thread."
    It's racist to question The One. You know that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 83 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •