Page 77 of 107 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast
Results 761 to 770 of 1067

Thread: NRA Newtown response [W:818]

  1. #761
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Last Seen
    01-27-13 @ 12:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    439

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    I hope people start seeing the NRA for what it is soon.
    A lobbyist group/ terrorist group!

  2. #762
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by TaraAnne View Post
    A lobbyist group/ terrorist group!
    what supreme idiocy. who does the NRA terrorize other than criminals?

    but thanks for proving my point-advocates of gun control hate the NRA more than murderers and that is why people such as you advocate stuff designed to hassle gun groups rather than impact criminals

  3. #763
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    I've never attacked anyone.

    Don't confuse different views with attacks, or the notion that anyone who doesn't agree with your progressive is somehow "conservative."

    I'm a real liberal not a progressive. I believe in individualism, hence I don't need government dictating outcomes for me or you. I'm an adult, you're an adult - you don't need government telling you what to do or how to live your life.

    Do you really enjoy the notion that government controls your life? - that government makes decisions for you that you could make for yourself?

    A real "liberal" would scoff at the idea of government intervention...... The audacity you have to portray yourself as a "liberal" is amusing!

    Merry Christmas,

    - I hope that offends you BTW.
    What I enjoy is good discussions and intelligent debate. Saying Merry Christmas is not offensive. That's just you playing stereotypes because you can't think for yourself. What does offend me is calling liberals the teachers of mass killers. That is incredible ingorance. This could go on and on but I choose not to believe much when your record states that you not only Romney would win big but also that he'd take New York.

    And since I'm not getting good discussion from you nor intelligent debate... I guess it's off to the ignore list with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  4. #764
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,578

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    BTW.................

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #765
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,253

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    BTW.................

    so you want to treat every kid like their father is the president and therefore a legitimate terror target? Going to cost a lot of $ you dont have!
    ‘This is not peace, it is an armistice for 20 years.’ (Ferdinand Foch. After the Treaty of Versailles, 1919).

  6. #766
    Student jakiejakester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Soho, NYC
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    263

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    what supreme idiocy. who does the NRA terrorize other than criminals?

    but thanks for proving my point-advocates of gun control hate the NRA more than murderers and that is why people such as you advocate stuff designed to hassle gun groups rather than impact criminals
    Your point seems incredible to me! I defy you to prove that "advocates of gun control" (I'm one) like murderers more than the NRA! That is a ridiculous statement that is based purely on an absurd premise. How can anyone take your debating points seriously when you post comments that are so inaccurate and have no facts at all to back them up?
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

  7. #767
    Student jakiejakester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Soho, NYC
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    263

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    so you want to treat every kid like their father is the president and therefore a legitimate terror target? Going to cost a lot of $ you dont have!
    Great point not to mention that if you were to suggest an additional tax to pay for the cost of such an extreme concept the same people who are whining about needing over the top security measures will filibuster or not allow a vote on the topic because of the tax. It's just like when Tea Party types talk about entitlement reform so long as their not impacted by the reform!
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

  8. #768
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by jakiejakester View Post
    Your point seems incredible to me! I defy you to prove that "advocates of gun control" (I'm one) like murderers more than the NRA! That is a ridiculous statement that is based purely on an absurd premise. How can anyone take your debating points seriously when you post comments that are so inaccurate and have no facts at all to back them up?
    well its pretty obvious that the gun control advocates want to stick it to the NRA and honest gun owners

    murderers are not allowed to possess weapons so bans on "assault weapons" and some of the other schemes the anti gun left proposes are designed to hassle people like me. people who ignore capital murder charges don't worry about gun laws-law abiding people do.

    And yes I have the facts on my side. you liberals were waiting for a tragedy like this to push an anti gun agenda that was in place all along-fears of a close election a couple months ago kept the scheme under cover

    everything you liberals have proposed has no impact on people who premeditate murder

    registration-would not have stopped Lanza-it was already in place
    insurance requirements-wouldn't have stopped him-he was not the registered gun owner
    assault weapon bans-he couldn't buy one legally
    gun purchase restrictions-nope he wasn't the one who bought it


    why is it that 95% of those calling for limitations on what people like I can own liberal to extreme left?
    because for 40 years the dems have used gun control a political shield against claims they were soft on crime and that caused us pro gunners to mobilize and start becoming active in politics to counter the dem schemes to sacrifice our rights so dems could continue to coddle criminals while pretending to be tough on crime

  9. #769
    Student jakiejakester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Soho, NYC
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    263

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    well its pretty obvious that the gun control advocates want to stick it to the NRA and honest gun owners
    Your statement is an out of context one that is way too simple to be true. New polling suggests that a majority of Americans do not believe that AR 15 type weapons are necessary to honor the 2nd Amendment or to prevent crime and the poll also shows that a majority want to limit the size of magazines to far less than 30 or 100. That is what people are advocating in the mainstream. You make it sound (and so do so many people who post like you do) that you're rights are being threatened and that it's all about a conspiracy to forcibly remove guns from legal gun owners.

    You're exaggerating and using "scare" tactics to make people feel threatened when a threat doesn't exist. This "strategy" is what Republicans / Conservatives tried hard to do in the last election and a majority of Americans defied the fear factor and voted for Democrats. Elections have consequences and when one side loses the wining side tries to implement what they perceive they were elected to accomplish. However, this does not include taking away your precious guns.

    Making bs statements like you write is muckraking and is meant solely to piss off people who disagree with you. It adds, IMHO, nothing concrete to the actual debate because it is bs and not true. Maybe if you stopped making up stuff and exaggerating the truth your debating points would be taken seriously? The way it is your tendencies to use bs talking points born on Fox News, the NRA and Conservative Talk Radio are all propaganda and nothing more than that. Sorry!
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

  10. #770
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by jakiejakester View Post
    Your statement is an out of context one that is way too simple to be true. New polling suggests that a majority of Americans do not believe that AR 15 type weapons are necessary to honor the 2nd Amendment or to prevent crime and the poll also shows that a majority want to limit the size of magazines to far less than 30 or 100. That is what people are advocating in the mainstream. You make it sound (and so do so many people who post like you do) that you're rights are being threatened and that it's all about a conspiracy to forcibly remove guns from legal gun owners.

    You're exaggerating and using "scare" tactics to make people feel threatened when a threat doesn't exist. This "strategy" is what Republicans / Conservatives tried hard to do in the last election and a majority of Americans defied the fear factor and voted for Democrats. Elections have consequences and when one side loses the wining side tries to implement what they perceive they were elected to accomplish. However, this does not include taking away your precious guns.

    Making bs statements like you write is muckraking and is meant solely to piss off people who disagree with you. It adds, IMHO, nothing concrete to the actual debate because it is bs and not true. Maybe if you stopped making up stuff and exaggerating the truth your debating points would be taken seriously? The way it is your tendencies to use bs talking points born on Fox News, the NRA and Conservative Talk Radio are all propaganda and nothing more than that. Sorry!
    I don't accept nor care about your appeal to a mass of low information voters.

    if civilian police officers have certain weapons than the rest of us civilians ought to have them too since our right to use deadly force against criminals is the same as theirs

    and why don't you make an intelligent argument why lawyers, doctors, shopkeepers and factory workers' lives are less valuable than cops, revenue agents, poultry inspectors and fish and game wardens?

    and then tell me what the second amendment really means

Page 77 of 107 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •