Page 63 of 107 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
Results 621 to 630 of 1067

Thread: NRA Newtown response [W:818]

  1. #621
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:10 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,473
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    This one short clip illustrates what happens to those who are not armed with a gun when facing a gun.

    Those in gun free zones are left as bait to the idiots. The only answer is to allow guns or have the areas (like schools) manned by professionals and armed teachers.

    Guns laws won't do squat when you've got a lunatic armed and motivated. I think the murderers have proven this.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  2. #622
    Student BigRedChief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    In my mind
    Last Seen
    07-11-16 @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    200

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by rhinefire View Post
    Had there been armed cops in the schools that experienced massacres can any of you liberals calculate the comparative number of casualties? I'll try to make this simple for you all: I am an armed cop. A mentally deranged punk fully armed breaks in to the school. Before he fires one shot I shoot him to death. Now here is the question so get out your calculators; How many students did he kiill?
    There was armed guards at Combine and at Va. tech. Sounds to me like you are just regurgitating NRA talking points.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    The constitution says corporations have some of the same rights as "persons".

  3. #623
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    And the uber-gunners rush to the chance to mimic those they decry by blaming inanimate objects they personally have an issue with for killings.

    Then again, this is the same group that bitch about federal spending and federal mandates for schools.....and then immediately rush to applaud a call for something that would increase government spending and increase federal involvement in the schools.
    I don't think I've applauded it. And when you say the German word "uber" you might as well say "Nazi", because that's exactly what that alludes to. As a German-American I know, I've seen that **** before. It's almost a PC expression. Well the Nazis promoted the disarmament of the population, so "uber gunner" is an oxymoron.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  4. #624
    Student jakiejakester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Soho, NYC
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    263

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Moronic comment alert. if my tax dollars supply such weapons to civilian police officers for use against criminals in an urban environment, those same weapons are just as useful for me to have for self defense.
    Your insult, calling my post (and me) moronic aside your point is pointless. You're not a cop and you're not in law enforcement. Police should have all the weapons they need to do their JOB. You, on the other hand and all other civilians DO NOT NEED AR 15 type weapons to protect us. You might be very capable and well trained but you're not a professional who earns his living protecting people. You can use all the other fun guns you have in your personal stash to protect yourself. I don't see how you having a weapon that has magazines or drums that hold 100 or more rounds will come into play at any point in your life to "protect" yourself in a way that your other guns won't.

    That's my, to use your personal insult "moronic" point. No civilian has a need for those sort of weapons to protect themselves. If that is what you need to protect yourself you must live in a part of America that I didn't know existed...an alternate universe or is it simply a make believe bubble?

    BTW - can you stop using hyperbole/insults about other community members while making a point? Is that too challenging for you?
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

  5. #625
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,299

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by rhinefire View Post
    Had there been armed cops in the schools that experienced massacres can any of you liberals calculate the comparative number of casualties? I'll try to make this simple for you all: I am an armed cop. A mentally deranged punk fully armed breaks in to the school. Before he fires one shot I shoot him to death. Now here is the question so get out your calculators; How many students did he kiill?
    There was an armed cop at Columbine. How did that work out? Honestly, you macho "I have to have a gun to be a man" nut jobs won't be happy until there are armed guards everywhere. Yawn.

  6. #626
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
    There was armed guards at Combine and at Va. tech. Sounds to me like you are just regurgitating NRA talking points.
    No, there were not. VA Tech were then unarmed (they are since armed), and at Columbine the lone security cop was outside, in the parking lot, in his car. He did get off one shot at Harris when that puke stepped outside during the melee. And missed.

    All this has been discussed multiple times in-thread already.

  7. #627
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by jakiejakester View Post
    Your insult, calling my post (and me) moronic aside your point is pointless. You're not a cop and you're not in law enforcement. Police should have all the weapons they need to do their JOB. You, on the other hand and all other civilians DO NOT NEED AR 15 type weapons to protect us. You might be very capable and well trained but you're not a professional who earns his living protecting people. You can use all the other fun guns you have in your personal stash to protect yourself. I don't see how you having a weapon that has magazines or drums that hold 100 or more rounds will come into play at any point in your life to "protect" yourself in a way that your other guns won't.

    That's my, to use your personal insult "moronic" point. No civilian has a need for those sort of weapons to protect themselves. If that is what you need to protect yourself you must live in a part of America that I didn't know existed...an alternate universe or is it simply a make believe bubble?

    BTW - can you stop using hyperbole/insults about other community members while making a point? Is that too challenging for you?
    I see your logic as a bit moronic as well. The issue is not "100 round drums" btw, as only a fool uses such, as they are highly unreliable.

    For you to suggest that any of us need be limited to lesser weapons, such as a handgun, when many of the bad guys have better weapons, often illegally obtained, is absurd.

    Of course, you can make yourself a sitting-duck if you want to.

  8. #628
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,023

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
    There was armed guards at Combine and at Va. tech. Sounds to me like you are just regurgitating NRA talking points.
    Sounds to me like the NRA attached a really, really stupid message to smart one and you swallowed the anti 2nd amendment bait hook, line and sinker. The news will often attach something illogical to something logical via inductive reasoning and people throw the baby (logic) out with the bathwater. (yes im trying to say the NRAs statement was to make average gun owners look stupid)
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  9. #629
    Student BigRedChief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    In my mind
    Last Seen
    07-11-16 @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    200

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    No, there were not. VA Tech were then unarmed (they are since armed), and at Columbine the lone security cop was outside, in the parking lot, in his car. He did get off one shot at Harris when that puke stepped outside during the melee. And missed.

    All this has been discussed multiple times in-thread already.
    I'm a n00b here. Sorry I didn't read 600+ posts before posting. I didn't realize that was in the TOS before I posted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    The constitution says corporations have some of the same rights as "persons".

  10. #630
    Student BigRedChief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    In my mind
    Last Seen
    07-11-16 @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    200

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    Sounds to me like the NRA attached a really, really stupid message to smart one and you swallowed the anti 2nd amendment bait hook, line and sinker. The news will often attach something illogical to something logical via inductive reasoning and people throw the baby (logic) out with the bathwater. (yes im trying to say the NRAs statement was to make average gun owners look stupid)
    I don't own guns or hunt. However, I'm a strong supporter of gun owners rights. The constitution is clear. Not sure where you think I swallowed a NRA talking point. Could you please clarify?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    The constitution says corporations have some of the same rights as "persons".

Page 63 of 107 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •