Page 62 of 107 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
Results 611 to 620 of 1067

Thread: NRA Newtown response [W:818]

  1. #611
    Professor
    Glowpun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,708

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    The evil LePierre wants to spend BILLIONS more on his "solution" but if you ask him and the other NRA'ers if there should be a new tax to pay for it they'll revolt against the tax![/QUOTE]

    In California millionaires and billionaires are specially taxes to pay for mental health services. Why not do the same for the gun industry who supplies the guns and ammo, like we tax tobacco?

    On today's Meet the Press he was questioned by the moderator who encouraged him not to be tangential on questions. LaPierre said that "a gun is a tool used by crazies..." If a gun is a tool used to kill people why not take the tool away?

  2. #612
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    So you are saying that you are addicted to guns? Is that possible? Is there treatment available?
    I think I am addicted to freedom

  3. #613
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Glowpun View Post
    The evil LePierre wants to spend BILLIONS more on his "solution" but if you ask him and the other NRA'ers if there should be a new tax to pay for it they'll revolt against the tax!
    In California millionaires and billionaires are specially taxes to pay for mental health services. Why not do the same for the gun industry who supplies the guns and ammo, like we tax tobacco?

    On today's Meet the Press he was questioned by the moderator who encouraged him not to be tangential on questions. LaPierre said that "a gun is a tool used by crazies..." If a gun is a tool used to kill people why not take the tool away?[/QUOTE]

    the evil people are criminals and those who want to abrogate the rights of others

  4. #614
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Glowpun View Post
    The evil LePierre wants to spend BILLIONS more on his "solution" but if you ask him and the other NRA'ers if there should be a new tax to pay for it they'll revolt against the tax!


    I have an idea. Let's stop spending billions for our young men to police Afghanistan, and spend the resources on armed men to guard our schools- maybe even hire young ex-military guys and give them a useful role. Let the Afghans take care of their own problems.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  5. #615
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:04 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,474

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    I have an idea. Let's stop spending billions for our young men to police Afghanistan, and spend the resources on armed men to guard our schools- maybe even hire young ex-military guys and give them a useful role. Let the Afghans take care of their own problems.

    Hmmm, because our politicians care more about the Afghanistanis than our next generation?

  6. #616
    Educator DemonMyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Seattle WA.
    Last Seen
    02-11-13 @ 12:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    727

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    *Shaking Head*

    We can put armed guards in most courthouses in the United States. Limited access at most every police station in the country. Yet we think protecting our children is polishing a turd.
    Just to comment.. A court house is where criminals go for hearings and trials.. A police station is where criminals go when they are arrested.. A school is where children go to learn.. Putting armed guards in a school turns the school into a prison.. Just saying.. So keep polishing that turd..

    The biggest issue that seems to be largely missed is healthcare.. Mental healthcare to be specific.. How many mental hospitals were closed over the last 5 years?? I know my own state closed a bunch.. Where did all those patients go?? Well, most of them just put on the streets.. I don't know of a single state that has a gun control law that checks for history of mental illness.. Thus the problem is obvious..

    The NRA can blame whatever they want.. All they are trying to do is protect their perceived right to be armed and stupid..

    Video games and television doesn't make someone go into a school and shoot children.. Anyone who makes that claim simple doesn't have a working brain to begin with.. Our own history is peppered with violence and death.. From the holy wars, to world wars, to the civil war, to the public burning of witches.. How many war veterans have gone and killed a bunch of kids in a school?? There was a time in our history where not a single child was able to grow up without experiencing death up close and personal.. And now you want to blame video games and television?? Sorry.. Polishing another turd I think..

    Yes, we need better controls.. We need more funding for mental health.. Either keep them off the streets or on the meds they need.. Not to mention guns out of their hands..

  7. #617
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Glowpun View Post
    In California millionaires and billionaires are specially taxes to pay for mental health services. Why not do the same for the gun industry who supplies the guns and ammo, like we tax tobacco?
    You do understand how regressive your proposal is…right? Consider if the taxes make guns unattainable to the ‘lower income folks’ is this fair?

    On today's Meet the Press he was questioned by the moderator who encouraged him not to be tangential on questions. LaPierre said that "a gun is a tool used by crazies..." If a gun is a tool used to kill people why not take the tool away?
    Ok, so studies have shown that texting while driving causes deaths…should we take cellphones away?
    "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure" - 2006 Senator Obama...leadership failure indeed!

  8. #618
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by DemonMyst View Post
    Just to comment.. A court house is where criminals go for hearings and trials.. A police station is where criminals go when they are arrested.. A school is where children go to learn.. Putting armed guards in a school turns the school into a prison.. Just saying.. So keep polishing that turd..

    The biggest issue that seems to be largely missed is healthcare.. Mental healthcare to be specific.. How many mental hospitals were closed over the last 5 years?? I know my own state closed a bunch.. Where did all those patients go?? Well, most of them just put on the streets.. I don't know of a single state that has a gun control law that checks for history of mental illness.. Thus the problem is obvious..

    The NRA can blame whatever they want.. All they are trying to do is protect their perceived right to be armed and stupid..

    Video games and television doesn't make someone go into a school and shoot children.. Anyone who makes that claim simple doesn't have a working brain to begin with.. Our own history is peppered with violence and death.. From the holy wars, to world wars, to the civil war, to the public burning of witches.. How many war veterans have gone and killed a bunch of kids in a school?? There was a time in our history where not a single child was able to grow up without experiencing death up close and personal.. And now you want to blame video games and television?? Sorry.. Polishing another turd I think..

    Yes, we need better controls.. We need more funding for mental health.. Either keep them off the streets or on the meds they need.. Not to mention guns out of their hands..
    wonderful platitudes

    practical? nah pretty much worthless

    what controls would work (speak of polishing a turd)

    armed staff at a school-yeah that would work

    banning guns from people who are already in violation of numerous laws to have them

    a turd of a solution

  9. #619
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by DemonMyst View Post
    Just to comment.. A court house is where criminals go for hearings and trials.. A police station is where criminals go when they are arrested.. A school is where children go to learn.. Putting armed guards in a school turns the school into a prison.. Just saying.. So keep polishing that turd..

    The biggest issue that seems to be largely missed is healthcare.. Mental healthcare to be specific.. How many mental hospitals were closed over the last 5 years?? I know my own state closed a bunch.. Where did all those patients go?? Well, most of them just put on the streets.. I don't know of a single state that has a gun control law that checks for history of mental illness.. Thus the problem is obvious..

    The NRA can blame whatever they want.. All they are trying to do is protect their perceived right to be armed and stupid..

    Video games and television doesn't make someone go into a school and shoot children.. Anyone who makes that claim simple doesn't have a working brain to begin with.. Our own history is peppered with violence and death.. From the holy wars, to world wars, to the civil war, to the public burning of witches.. How many war veterans have gone and killed a bunch of kids in a school?? There was a time in our history where not a single child was able to grow up without experiencing death up close and personal.. And now you want to blame video games and television?? Sorry.. Polishing another turd I think..

    Yes, we need better controls.. We need more funding for mental health.. Either keep them off the streets or on the meds they need.. Not to mention guns out of their hands..
    I think, instead of polishing turds, you should polish your ability to present your arguments without using crude metaphors.

    Putting an armed guard into schools does not (and need not) turn a school into a prison. I can think of many advantages to young children to having an "Officer Friendly" in their lives.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  10. #620
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,935

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    I laughed my ass off when I heard this. You simply can't polish a turd better than that!
    Had there been armed cops in the schools that experienced massacres can any of you liberals calculate the comparative number of casualties? I'll try to make this simple for you all: I am an armed cop. A mentally deranged punk fully armed breaks in to the school. Before he fires one shot I shoot him to death. Now here is the question so get out your calculators; How many students did he kiill?
    It's nothing more than X's and O's.

Page 62 of 107 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •