Page 45 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 450 of 1067

Thread: NRA Newtown response [W:818]

  1. #441
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by teachix4jesus View Post
    maybe but at least the cops would have a chance to kill or detain them once they find somebody who shows up with a gun on campus
    As I have noted before, there was a Resource officer at Columbine High School who exchanged fire with the shooters and it did no good. He was not able to stop them. A Resource Officer typically carries a small side arm, whereas school shooters typically use assault weapons. Resource Officers are usually outgunned. Furthermore, a drawn out gun battle in the halls of a school is likely to cause additional deaths due to crossfire. That is why police typically respond to these kinds of situations with a SWAT team that uses precision to bring down the suspects quickly and efficiently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  2. #442
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    Unless the perp kills him, takes his gun and kills some more with it. The shooter has the element of surprise, could know the guards habits etc.
    Not to mention the danger of the guards gun being snatched by a student. It's all bad and ALL avoidable.
    yeah its better to have victim disarmament zones. they have been so successful

    those killers see the no gun signs and they just throw their weapons away

  3. #443
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Crosscheck View Post
    Well since you came at me with that kind of attitude.

    As a survivor in a bloody head-on collison that resulted in a fatality I wished we had stricter regulations about people crossing the white line.
    You know that is a terrible analogy because there is not someone with you holding the other side of the white line until you purchase it. It did not even make sense to write. At the point of sale you have an opportunity to collect the necessary information. All points of gun sales are covered by a person, not all points where you can cross over the white line are covered by a person. So yes we can do something.

  4. #444
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Nope, still oblivious and still responding in emotional nonsensical platitudes and suppositions. You realize he took his own life when a police officer responded right ? That he had enough ammo plus shotgun in his car and most likely the determination to continue shooting innocent teachers and children.

    I don't live in the movies and if anyone is caught up in a fantasy it's you who've apparently used your years of criminology experience and knowledge to ascertain the exact motives of a killer who's so unbalanced emotionally he's chosen mass homicide as a solution to his problems.

    Yep, you've nailed down every psycho killer as a highly trained Special Forces Commando who's first thought after shooing away imaginary flying purple monkeys is to perform a recon of the perimeter and locate and identify possible counter forces. And you don't trust MY reasoning or abilities ?

    My reasoning and/or abilities are just fine and a armed law abiding populace is a polite and well protected populace but we have to deal with nonsense from the likes of you as you rattle of hypothetical scenario's with out the slightest concept of what it takes to lawfully own, carry or use a firearm.

    Your reasoning is to have the PSYCHO ARMED, and everyone else cowering and waiting to eat a bullet because you're scared of a firearm or don't possess the training or the courage to take it upon yourself to protect your self or the lives of your family.

    That's your problem and you need to understand that your cowardice doesn't equate to a disarmed society.
    Wow, you sure beat the heck out of that straw man. I bet he don't get up for days. Any time you would like to respond to my points with an actual counter point I may respond. otherwise have fun with your scarecrow.

  5. #445
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    yeah its better to have victim disarmament zones. they have been so successful

    those killers see the no gun signs and they just throw their weapons away

    Good for gun sales, not so much for reducing the number of homicides with guns. Gun fanatic logic - if you have a problem with rats, get bigger and faster rats.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  6. #446
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    I also love the facebook meme going around about hiring vets to guard the schools. Hey it will solve the veteran unemployment problem and protect our children! Yeah, because war veterans are known for being such a stable bunch, right? Let's give them a gun and put them around noisy, bratty children every single day!
    What say you to the fact that I personally knew of at least 4 School Resource Officers for the police department who are combat veterans, including one who was in the guard, deployed, returned, and went back to his school as the school resource officer.....??

    I think you are being a bit judgemental all over. Frankly, Im rather offended by your implication that because the media tells you of a few cases of PTSD that every veteran seems to have mental stability problems....

    The VAST majority of returning troops have no mental stability problems at all.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  7. #447
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    What say you to the fact that I personally knew of at least 4 School Resource Officers for the police department who are combat veterans, including one who was in the guard, deployed, returned, and went back to his school as the school resource officer.....??

    I think you are being a bit judgemental all over. Frankly, Im rather offended by your implication that because the media tells you of a few cases of PTSD that every veteran seems to have mental stability problems....

    The VAST majority of returning troops have no mental stability problems at all.
    It only takes one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  8. #448
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    It only takes one.
    It only takes one owner of a dog to be crazy for me to pin dog owners as likely to go crazy....


    We can play this ignorant ass game all ****ing day.


    So now both deuce and CriticalThought are on the list of people who don't trust combat veterans to be sane based on a few CNN specials..... who else?
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  9. #449
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,080

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Columbine had an armed security guard and I think he even took shots at them
    That is correct and after engaging one of the shooters in a gunfight, he helped organize the evacuation out of the school, saving many lives. Men and Women who were children (well, minors) at that school are alive today because Columbine had an armed First Responder on-scene.

  10. #450
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,080

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    What say you to the fact that I personally knew of at least 4 School Resource Officers for the police department who are combat veterans, including one who was in the guard, deployed, returned, and went back to his school as the school resource officer.....??

    I think you are being a bit judgemental all over. Frankly, Im rather offended by your implication that because the media tells you of a few cases of PTSD that every veteran seems to have mental stability problems....

    The VAST majority of returning troops have no mental stability problems at all.
    The hilarious thing is, they think we can all turn in our own guns, because the police will protect us from criminal elements.

    Apparently they don't know that police units are heavily disproportionately made up of....



    ... Veterans

Page 45 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •