Page 44 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast
Results 431 to 440 of 1067

Thread: NRA Newtown response [W:818]

  1. #431
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,122

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by teachix4jesus View Post
    i think having armed cops in school would be a good idea. these killers are cowards so maybe if they knew there were cops ready with guns in schools they would not do this. we also need more police around schools imo, people shouldnt be able to just go in thats rediculous.
    You missed a pretty obvious fact. Most mass shooters kill themselves. Do you really think they are going to be deterred by an armed police presence when they go into the situation planning to kill themselves?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  2. #432
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    I'm sorry but the idea to guard our schools with armed war "veterans" is positively the absolute worst idea I have ever heard in my life .If you don't know why I certainly can't explain it to you. It is bad in so many ways it isn't funny.
    yeah its far better that there be no one at a school who can fight back against an active shooter because the anti gun extremists love stories of massacres that they can use to try to deprive conservative gun owners of their rights

    after all, when the active shooter is killed before he can slay more than a few people, the anti gun nuts have no story and the news media has nothing to use to fuel the public's emotions against the NRA

  3. #433
    User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 06:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    43

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    You missed a pretty obvious fact. Most mass shooters kill themselves. Do you really think they are going to be deterred by an armed police presence when they go into the situation planning to kill themselves?
    maybe but at least the cops would have a chance to kill or detain them once they find somebody who shows up with a gun on campus

  4. #434
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    You missed a pretty obvious fact. Most mass shooters kill themselves. Do you really think they are going to be deterred by an armed police presence when they go into the situation planning to kill themselves?
    YOU MISS THE POINT-an armed police office will usually cause them to die before they kill LOTS of people

    its like saying a Kamikaze pilot was not deterred by the fact that Sailors with automatic cannons and quad fifty triple a batteries were trying to kill him. the Kamikazes were deterred from KILLING OUR SAILORS when our SAILORs blew the kamikazes up before they could crash into our ships

    now that is REAL DETERRENCE-killing the enemy before he can kill you or lots of your friends

  5. #435
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by teachix4jesus View Post
    maybe but at least the cops would have a chance to kill or detain them once they find somebody who shows up with a gun on campus
    CT confuses deterrence in terms of preventing the guy from showing up versus killing him before he shoots lots of innocents

    However, since almost every active shooter has struck in GUN FREE ZONES, I suspect "hard targets" would be avoided by those cowards

  6. #436
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,887

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    YOU MISS THE POINT-an armed police office will usually cause them to die before they kill LOTS of people

    its like saying a Kamikaze pilot was not deterred by the fact that Sailors with automatic cannons and quad fifty triple a batteries were trying to kill him. the Kamikazes were deterred from KILLING OUR SAILORS when our SAILORs blew the kamikazes up before they could crash into our ships

    now that is REAL DETERRENCE-killing the enemy before he can kill you or lots of your friends

    Columbine had an armed security guard and I think he even took shots at them and Virginia Tech had it's own swat team I do believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  7. #437
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,358

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    CT confuses deterrence in terms of preventing the guy from showing up versus killing him before he shoots lots of innocents

    However, since almost every active shooter has struck in GUN FREE ZONES, I suspect "hard targets" would be avoided by those cowards
    Is that your vision for America? A series of "hard targets" and "nowhere" land in between? It sounds like the Apocalypse to me. Is that what you are waiting for?

  8. #438
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    Is that your vision for America? A series of "hard targets" and "nowhere" land in between? It sounds like the Apocalypse to me. Is that what you are waiting for?
    we know what your vision is- a welfare socialist dictatorship where no one but the state and the criminals are armed and the rest of us are beholden on our government masters for "safety"

    sheep in a pen is what you want.

  9. #439
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Columbine had an armed security guard and I think he even took shots at them and Virginia Tech had it's own swat team I do believe.
    yeah VT did-it took them EIGHT minutes to get to the scene. the guy was killing several people a minute. There is no doubt that if the teacher-who sacrificed himself to keep the killer out of a room while his students escaped through windows, had a handgun he could have killed the schmuck and saved some lives

    EIGHT MINUTES

  10. #440
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,358

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    YOU MISS THE POINT-an armed police office will usually cause them to die before they kill LOTS of people
    Unless the perp kills him, takes his gun and kills some more with it. The shooter has the element of surprise, could know the guards habits etc.
    Not to mention the danger of the guards gun being snatched by a student. It's all bad and ALL avoidable.

Page 44 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •