Page 41 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 1067

Thread: NRA Newtown response [W:818]

  1. #401
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    If you want to know, read the thread your in instead of pulling conservative stereotypes of liberals out of your hind.
    You do realize I was once a progressive? yeah, but I just grew up.

    The whole; "I'm a victim" thing and "everything else is someone elses fault" kinda turned me off to the progressive philosophy.

  2. #402
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Oh I can prove it...

    How many school shootings have happened since Columbine? how many before?

    Now would you say society is more progressive today than it was when "evil white men" were running the show pre-1990 (or so).
    So your saying president george bush and the majority GOP congress and senate were leading the country in a progressive manner?

    Plus you have a big fallacy of trying to prove causation, which you've shown over and over you can't because of the whole grand conspiracy that people won't study it because they are all progressives.

    Clearly you refuse to adopt critical thinking into your logic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  3. #403
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    You do realize I was once a progressive? yeah, but I just grew up.

    The whole; "I'm a victim" thing and "everything else is someone elses fault" kinda turned me off.
    Really? Because as a conservative voice in this thread, those are the cards you keep playing for yourself.

    You know, how you went on the attack in this thread and then whined about being attacked, then blaming progressives for mass shootings... ring a bell? nah.. I suppose not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  4. #404
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    See the part I bolded. Guess again.

    Progressives are anti-religion in every way that they can be. Progressives embrace class envy. That one's own flaws are the fault of others, to be remedied by others.

    Heck. Look at your posts as evidence.
    Great... progressives aren't to blame... but then you blame them because of class envey abnd lack of religion. Your paradox doesn't make a lick of sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  5. #405
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,026

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post

    However, the point remains. We are hiring lots of folks whom we probably don't really need, but who don't have as their primary focus the education of children. Let us make some of those hirees veterans who are trained First Responders; and who in the mean time can assist in the library or whatever.
    I hope you mean vetted war veterans ! (of course you do) I would love to give them such a loving place in our society to prove that society doesn't hate them.
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  6. #406
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Last Seen
    01-27-13 @ 12:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    439

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    I believe that a Jack Nicholson character said it best, and I paraphrase: "Liberals can't handle the truth".

    The last three bigtime shooters, Va Tech, Aurora, and Newtown, were all oddball recluses who were heavily immersed into violent video games. Perhaps you can find for the rest of us similar carnage from the 60's and 70's ? We had lots of guns then too.

    In all fairness, when I hear most liberals talk about gun control, I hear nothing but stupidity as well.

    Haha guns dont kill people but video games do! That is exactly what you are saying. More guns will not solve the problem, however I think if the NRA wants this then they can pay for it after all arnt these the same people that want people of the terrorist watch list to still be able to buy guns. Heaven forbid they would do something right than be in the pocket of gun makers. The NRA and the membership lost alot of cred this week. Basiccally when tighter restrictions are past they will not have a voice at the table.

  7. #407
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by ReformCollege View Post
    For all the noise that the left makes about gun control, I have still yet to see any substantially convincing evidence that gun control would actually WORK.

    Until I start seeing some facts, this is all just hyperbole.
    Why would it work? there is no evidence to even suggest it would, and we have numerous examples of this - the UK comes first to mind.

    Killers are killers, if a gun isn't round they will use anything as a weapon in a rage. I saw a lunatic at a bar one time go ballistic and throw a dart at a guy (he was fine) but if he was closer he probably would have killed him wit a dart (or maybe something else in reach that wasn't a gun).

  8. #408
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    01-22-17 @ 09:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    4,136

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by TaraAnne View Post
    Haha guns dont kill people but video games do! That is exactly what you are saying. More guns will not solve the problem, however I think if the NRA wants this then they can pay for it after all arnt these the same people that want people of the terrorist watch list to still be able to buy guns. Heaven forbid they would do something right than be in the pocket of gun makers. The NRA and the membership lost alot of cred this week. Basiccally when tighter restrictions are past they will not have a voice at the table.
    More guns may not solve the problem, but I have yet to see a valid argument that less guns will.

  9. #409
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Really? Because as a conservative voice in this thread, those are the cards you keep playing for yourself.

    You know, how you went on the attack in this thread and then whined about being attacked, then blaming progressives for mass shootings... ring a bell? nah.. I suppose not.
    I don't believe you know what the definition of liberal, progressive, conservative, or libertarian is.

    Yes, I am a conservative libertarian.

  10. #410
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Last Seen
    01-27-13 @ 12:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    439

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by ReformCollege View Post
    More guns may not solve the problem, but I have yet to see a valid argument that less guns will.
    I have never said less or more guns. Tounge in cheek I said tax the crap out of them like tabacco. Limit the size of the clips period, then lets address the cuts to mental health issue. The NRA needs to go back to training and safty instead of lobbist. We have 350 million guns and probably many more than that and well it didnt stop this.

Page 41 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •