Page 40 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 1067

Thread: NRA Newtown response [W:818]

  1. #391
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,117

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Yet you want to ban the Second Amendment...
    No I don't. Know who you are talking to before saddling them with false blame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  2. #392
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,332

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    No, you don't get it. You are not saving anyone. you are not a hero. You are not protecting the world. The reality is that if gunshots started around you and you had an obvious assault rifle you would be dead. Why? because anyone with even the most smallest of brain shoots the armed man first. yeah, you are there with your assault rifle and all that makes you is a gigantic target. If you do survive the police will have trouble telling you from the actual shooter and you will just confuse the situation. That is reality. You need to stop living in the movies. From your perception the gunfire starts and while you are trying to figure out whether or not the shooting is over or still a threat and where to go the killer is moving on and will eventually see you. You don't know what is going on, and you are clearly a scared rabbit ready to twitch fire and frankly I would much rather you not fire. I don't trust your reasoning or abilities. I know you are far more likely to be a danger to the people around you and an interference to law enforcement than saving the day. believe me, you don't want people like me armed around you because you would be one of the people I would take down. If it has a gun and is not a police officer I would waste it. That means you hero boy.
    Nope, still oblivious and still responding in emotional nonsensical platitudes and suppositions. You realize he took his own life when a police officer responded right ? That he had enough ammo plus shotgun in his car and most likely the determination to continue shooting innocent teachers and children.

    I don't live in the movies and if anyone is caught up in a fantasy it's you who've apparently used your years of criminology experience and knowledge to ascertain the exact motives of a killer who's so unbalanced emotionally he's chosen mass homicide as a solution to his problems.

    Yep, you've nailed down every psycho killer as a highly trained Special Forces Commando who's first thought after shooing away imaginary flying purple monkeys is to perform a recon of the perimeter and locate and identify possible counter forces. And you don't trust MY reasoning or abilities ?

    My reasoning and/or abilities are just fine and a armed law abiding populace is a polite and well protected populace but we have to deal with nonsense from the likes of you as you rattle of hypothetical scenario's with out the slightest concept of what it takes to lawfully own, carry or use a firearm.

    Your reasoning is to have the PSYCHO ARMED, and everyone else cowering and waiting to eat a bullet because you're scared of a firearm or don't possess the training or the courage to take it upon yourself to protect your self or the lives of your family.

    That's your problem and you need to understand that your cowardice doesn't equate to a disarmed society.
    The New Democratic Party Slogan :

    " Return to Power By Any Means Necessary "

  3. #393
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Sure, if they are credible observations, you wouldn't be the only one talking about it and it would be a peer reviewed study to back it up. UNLESS, it is so new that the topic hasn't been broached yet in professional studies. Being that everything you are claiming is decades in the making, and you can't back it up... kind of speaks for itself.
    You want to see it happen?

    My uncle is a professor at UIC (and a friend of Bill Ayers), on Christmas I'm pulling out the camera and how a guy with a PHD in physics reverts into a child over politics along with the other over dramatic progressives in my family.

    Not to mention you already proved my theory by treating me as hostile.

    Not to mention - there would be no damn study that would even study the fact that the progressive socioeconomic philosophy breeds crazies because the majority of those able to conduct "institutional" studies are PROGRESSIVES in the first place!

  4. #394
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    No I don't. Know who you are talking to before saddling them with false blame.
    Then why the hell are you in this thread?

    NO, you don't want to ban the Second Amendment - you just want to limit individuals to cap guns!

    I would love to know how you interpret the Second Amendment. I'll guess - "hunt for food."

  5. #395
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,117

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    You want to see it happen?

    My uncle is a professor at UIC (and a friend of Bill Ayers), on Christmas I'm pulling out the camera and how a guy with a PHD in physics reverts into a child over politics along with the other over dramatic progressives in my family.
    Sorry you don't like your uncle. This proves jack-**** about anything except your personal view of your uncle and family.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick
    Not to mention you already proved my theory by treating me as hostile.
    What? You are the guy who came in here declaring, with no proof, a really stupid notion that me and other progressives create mass-shooters... You have absolutely no room to try and play the victim card.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick
    Not to mention - there would be no damn study that would even study the fact that the progressive socioeconomic philosophy breeds crazies because the majority of those able to conduct "institutional" studies are PROGRESSIVES in the first place!
    Right. You go on the attack, then play the victim card followed by a conspiracy card because you can't proove your politically motivated ridiculous hypotheses of hate. You clearly do not want to be taken seriously.

    Let me clue you in on something, Progressives did not foster the environment or raise kids to become mass shooters... conservatives did not foster the environment or raise kids to become mass shooters. You playing politics with the lives of people based on completely unfounded and wild political claims is beyond idiotic.

    Get this through your skull Mr. Victim... I didn't claim nor do I claim that your political ideology makes mass shooters happen. However, you did claim that of me. So please, stop crying about being attacked and at least try to back up your ridiculous claims beyond "I can't because it's all a grand conspiracy" and "I really don't like my uncle."
    Last edited by poweRob; 12-22-12 at 11:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  6. #396
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,117

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Then why the hell are you in this thread?

    NO, you don't want to ban the Second Amendment - you just want to limit individuals to cap guns!

    I would love to know how you interpret the Second Amendment. I'll guess - "hunt for food."
    If you want to know, read the thread your in instead of pulling conservative stereotypes of liberals out of your hind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  7. #397
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Sorry you don't like your uncle. This proves jack-**** about anything except your personal view of your uncle and family.



    What? You are the guy who came in here declaring, with no proof, a really stupid notion that me and other progressives create mass-shooters... You have absolutely no room to try and play the victim card.



    Right. You go on the attack, then play the victim card followed by a conspiracy card because you can't proove your politically motivated ridiculous hypotheses of hate. You clearly do not want to be taken seriously.

    Let me clue you in on something, Progressives did not foster the environment or raise kids to become mass shooters... conservatives did not foster the environment or raise kids to become mass shooters. You playing politics with the lives of people based on completely unfounded and wild political claims is beyond idiotic.

    Get this through your skull Mr. Victim... I didn't claim nor do I claim that your political ideology makes mass shooters happen. However, you did claim that of me.
    Oh I can prove it...

    How many school shootings have happened since Columbine? how many before?

    Now would you say society is more progressive today than it was when "evil white men" were running the show pre-1990 (or so).

  8. #398
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    01-22-17 @ 09:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    4,136

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    For all the noise that the left makes about gun control, I have still yet to see any substantially convincing evidence that gun control would actually WORK.

    Until I start seeing some facts, this is all just hyperbole.

  9. #399
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Given that a resource officer was of little help at Columbine High School, I'm not particularly impressed with your argument.
    A) the officer was outside
    B) the officer actually did get a shot off - apparently he missed
    C) I agree. There should be a minimum of two.


    Meanwhile, given that Conneticut and Aurora's restrictive gun laws apparently weren't much help in deterring homicidal psychos, I'm not terribly impressed with the argument that the problem can be solved by disarming the sheepdogs. Nothing is going to be a panacea - but we keep armed responders in our Courthouses, major public buildings, and around the President 24/7 - because we recognize that that makes these things safer. It's time we made our children safer.

    To the contrary it shows that you don't know how to read charts. You argued that "administrators" had grown when this chart indicates "non teaching staff" has grown.
    Weak response. The vast majority of those positions are administrative - the growth in administrative positions is something that has been occurring across the board and at all levels of education.

    Even in relatively small-government Texas the growth looks like this:




    Non-teaching staff is administrative. They are handling the administration of that school.

    However, the point remains. We are hiring lots of folks whom we probably don't really need, but who don't have as their primary focus the education of children. Let us make some of those hirees veterans who are trained First Responders; and who in the mean time can assist in the library or whatever.

  10. #400
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Sorry you don't like your uncle. This proves jack-**** about anything except your personal view of your uncle and family.


    What? You are the guy who came in here declaring, with no proof, a really stupid notion that me and other progressives create mass-shooters... You have absolutely no room to try and play the victim card.


    Right. You go on the attack, then play the victim card followed by a conspiracy card because you can't proove your politically motivated ridiculous hypotheses of hate. You clearly do not want to be taken seriously.

    Let me clue you in on something, Progressives did not foster the environment or raise kids to become mass shooters... conservatives did not foster the environment or raise kids to become mass shooters. You playing politics with the lives of people based on completely unfounded and wild political claims is beyond idiotic.

    Get this through your skull Mr. Victim... I didn't claim nor do I claim that your political ideology makes mass shooters happen. However, you did claim that of me. So please, stop crying about being attacked and at least try to back up your ridiculous claims beyond "I can't because it's all a grand conspiracy" and "I really don't like my uncle."
    See the part I bolded. Guess again.

    Progressives are anti-religion in every way that they can be. Progressives embrace class envy. That one's own flaws are the fault of others, to be remedied by others.

    Heck. Look at your posts as evidence.

Page 40 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •