Page 31 of 107 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 1067

Thread: NRA Newtown response [W:818]

  1. #301
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,104

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Crosscheck View Post
    I with you part way. I want only trained guard/policeman with a gun in the school. Am happy if this is what the NRA is proposing.
    Proposing? For response to an Active Shooter Scenario, I would rather demand that the individual be trained, with an annual re-certification requirement.

    We have armed policemen in our high school nows so adding them to the elementary school doesn't seem far fetched. Having a policeman in the school also allows children to see LEO in a more friendlier way as opposed to the guy flipping his lights on after dad or mom run the speed limit.
    Another excellent point.

  2. #302
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    meh... Clinton was wrong quite a bit IMO.
    people with bad character are often wrong about a lot of things.

  3. #303
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    No. Only in the NRA world.
    hes right... you will find it quite impossible to "uninvent" guns, no matter how hard you try.

  4. #304
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,513

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Creek View Post
    Yeah, PUSH those profits by forcing the government to use MORE tax payer dollars to buy our guns. We already spend MORE in Homeland Security to arm the police than we have been in defense to arm the military.
    That is an absolute crock. The military gets almost half the GDP then add in discretionary spending and they do get half the GDP.

    Post some proof of this magic spending.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #305
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,896

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Crosscheck View Post
    I with you part way. I want only trained guard/policeman with a gun in the school. Am happy if this is what the NRA is proposing. Am not happy with that "armed society is a polite society" because we have so many morons in this society that shouldn't be in a ten foot radius of a gun. Like it or not the more guns the more chance for an accident.

    We have armed policemen in our high school nows so adding them to the elementary school doesn't seem far fetched. Having a policeman in the school also allows children to see LEO in a more friendlier way as opposed to the guy flipping his lights on after dad or mom run the speed limit.
    There was an armed police officer in my kids' middle school ten years ago. I think his title was "resources liason" or something, and part of the point was to allow the kids to see cops in a friendlier way. It's been a successful idea in my community's schools, and there is no reason not to expand it to all schools. It's elementary-schoolers, for example, who are most at risk of parental kidnapping, and they occasionally bring very "interesting" objects to show-and-tell too.

  6. #306
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    There was an armed police officer in my kids' middle school ten years ago. I think his title was "resources liason" or something, and part of the point was to allow the kids to see cops in a friendlier way. It's been a successful idea in my community's schools, and there is no reason not to expand it to all schools. It's elementary-schoolers, for example, who are most at risk of parental kidnapping, and they occasionally bring very "interesting" objects to show-and-tell too.
    The only thing police or security guards are going to do at most schools is check for drugs. We saw in california when 2 psychos with assault rifles attacked a bank the police and security guards are outgunned by these weapons. The police who far outnumbered the two shooters were pinned down for something like 45 minutes. Their pistols were ineffective, and even the swat guys wouldn't go in until they were able to formulate a plan. Yet the NRA wants us to put a security guard there and hope that deters a person who is pretty much resigned to dying? Even cops end up running from assault rifles because they have something to live for. This is not to mention these guns are accurate at long distances and one could easily just snipe the people at the door to start their rampage. Even with a concealed handgun it is easy to take out at least three flat footed guards before they even get their gun out to respond with a poorly aimed shaky first shot.

    the NRA has made a stupid suggestion that won't do a thing but sell more guns. Plus i have seen these supposedly well trained cops in action and the only place that is safe when most of them are terrified enough to use their weapons is to be the shooter. That is if they put cops there, mall security guards are more likely to shoot themselves than a criminal. The NRA should have just kept silent instead of offering up this crazy bit of BS. Do we really want armed guards and guns around our elementary school children? next thing you know we will have some crazy guard killing a student because he went for his skittles.

    It is much more effective to continue to develop lockdown procedures that will protect the kids until the crazed gunman gets bored and offs himself.

  7. #307
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,104

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    There are plenty of retired marines and police officers who would gladly volunteer
    We even already have a pipeline.

  8. #308
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,360

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    So, the only solution we hear from the Libbos is to curb our constitutional rights.

    Awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #309
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,360

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    The only thing police or security guards are going to do at most schools is check for drugs. We saw in california when 2 psychos with assault rifles attacked a bank the police and security guards are outgunned by these weapons. The police who far outnumbered the two shooters were pinned down for something like 45 minutes. Their pistols were ineffective, and even the swat guys wouldn't go in until they were able to formulate a plan. Yet the NRA wants us to put a security guard there and hope that deters a person who is pretty much resigned to dying? Even cops end up running from assault rifles because they have something to live for. This is not to mention these guns are accurate at long distances and one could easily just snipe the people at the door to start their rampage. Even with a concealed handgun it is easy to take out at least three flat footed guards before they even get their gun out to respond with a poorly aimed shaky first shot.

    the NRA has made a stupid suggestion that won't do a thing but sell more guns. Plus i have seen these supposedly well trained cops in action and the only place that is safe when most of them are terrified enough to use their weapons is to be the shooter. That is if they put cops there, mall security guards are more likely to shoot themselves than a criminal. The NRA should have just kept silent instead of offering up this crazy bit of BS. Do we really want armed guards and guns around our elementary school children? next thing you know we will have some crazy guard killing a student because he went for his skittles.

    It is much more effective to continue to develop lockdown procedures that will protect the kids until the crazed gunman gets bored and offs himself.
    Those two gunmen were already in illegal pocession of those automatic weapons. So, at the end of the day, what good did passing a law do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #310
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Those two gunmen were already in illegal pocession of those automatic weapons. So, at the end of the day, what good did passing a law do?
    I will tell you when you tell me what good a mall cop or police are going to do as per the NRAs plan. If you cannot be bothered with keeping up with the conversation than don't get into it. this is a deliberate attempt to derail and avoid answering the simple idea i posed. If you want to argue that point you just made take it to a thread for it. this thread is for debating the absolutely stupid and ineffective idea that the NRA proposed which has only one purpose and that is to sell more guns, and not solve the problem because gun sales go up when these things happen, and dead kids makes sales for their contributors.

Page 31 of 107 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •