Page 3 of 107 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 1067

Thread: NRA Newtown response [W:818]

  1. #21
    Educator
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 10:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    675

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Japan has the same video games and probably even more prolific video game indsutry than ours. So... How many shooting deaths in Japan last year?
    So you are convinced that the media has no influence over people?
    Last edited by hfd; 12-21-12 at 07:00 PM.

  2. #22
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,828

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Typical liberals.

    It's not the glorified graphic violence in Hollywood, the celebrated violence in rap music, the kill-somebody-every-second video games, the overly sympathetic judicial system, or the unlimited coverage and repetition provided by the media.

    It's just the guns.

    FYI, mass murders happened more frequently 1,000 years ago, when there was no such thing as a gun.
    So much for that personal responsibility thing.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  3. #23
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    The best way to stop an armed nutjob on a mass murder spree is for an armed citizen to shoot his ass.
    "NYPD Gunfire In Empire State Building Shooting Wounded All Nine Bystanders, Says Ray Kelly"

    And these were trained professionals!

    NYPD Gunfire In Empire State Building Shooting Wounded All Nine Bystanders, Says Ray Kelly
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  4. #24
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:25 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by hfd View Post
    So you rae convinced that the media has no influence over people?
    "The media" only affects people to the extent they let them.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #25
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,828

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by hfd View Post
    So you rae convinced that the media has no influence over people?
    Nobody said that, so why did you conclude that?

    Funny how when something bad happens, conservatives blame the society at large, or the government, or anyone but themselves. But a success? Had to be personal, rugged individuality! Couldn't possibly have had any help from anybody.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  6. #26
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,096

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    2006 Japan had 2 gun homicides. This also indicates that it is quite possible gun control can work.
    Yes it can. I'm not even for de-gunning ourselves down to Japan's rate of ownership but we can't even TALK about who should and shouldn't have access to guns or what kind of guns should be sold to the public or not. Hunter rifles of bolt action, pump action shotguns... of course I think these are hunting tools and such. Can we even talk about anything at all?

    Semi-automatics and fully automatic weapons?
    Background checks?
    Age to purchase?
    Gun show loopholes?
    Felons of violent backgrounds?
    Mental background checks?

    Nothing. Not allowed to talk about anything. You try to talk and you get a wonderfully ridiculous Fenton-like post (from page 1 of this thread) thrown at you and it's conversation over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  7. #27
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,828

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Typical liberals.

    It's not the glorified graphic violence in Hollywood, the celebrated violence in rap music, the kill-somebody-every-second video games, the overly sympathetic judicial system, or the unlimited coverage and repetition provided by the media.

    It's just the guns.

    FYI, mass murders happened more frequently 1,000 years ago, when there was no such thing as a gun.
    So, what you're saying is that our celebration of guns and gun violence contributes to gun deaths?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  8. #28
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,096

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by hfd View Post
    So you are convinced that the media has no influence over people?
    You are the one making the argument that it is. Therefore it is your responsibility to prove it so. For may case, Japan says otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  9. #29
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Hey Maggie... you don't think Canada and the rest of the world get those games? So how do you explain that? Look at my signature...
    IMO, we have a "recipe" for the mass shootings that occur in this country (unlike Canada) that makes sense. The movies, the video games, the drugging of our children, untreated mental illness, the absence of fathers in our homes, our 50% divorce rate, children being raised by TV sets and computers being some. If I thought harder, I could come up with more.

    If we ban guns in this country, only the bad guys will have guns. I'm not comfortable with that. I wonder why no one goes berserk at gun shows. I'm just sayin'...

    The headline might read like this: "Man goes berserk at gu. Never mind."
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  10. #30
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,828

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    IMO, we have a "recipe" for the mass shootings that occur in this country (unlike Canada) that makes sense. The movies, the video games, the drugging of our children, untreated mental illness, the absence of fathers in our homes, our 50% divorce rate, children being raised by TV sets and computers being some. If I thought harder, I could come up with more.

    If we ban guns in this country, only the bad guys will have guns. I'm not comfortable with that. I wonder why no one goes berserk at gun shows. I'm just sayin'...
    Other countries have all of those things. Other countries also have far stricter gun laws... and you know what? Gun deaths go down. Despite the fact that the "good guys" don't have guns.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

Page 3 of 107 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •