Page 26 of 107 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 1067

Thread: NRA Newtown response [W:818]

  1. #251
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,814

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    The NRA may've not limited to that, but they choose to make that their focus which is the ridiculous part. Even if we accept the premise that Violent Movies or Video Games substantially impacts (substantially enough to warrant being greatly singled out by the NRA) people to help create these kind of incidents, it still isn't worthy of such condemnation because the far greater point would be the PARENTS who allow their children to partake in such things. However, by focusing on such ridiculous things as blaming Video Games and Movies the NRA is highlighting the apparent feeling that society or the government should be taking the steps to "parent" children rather than putting it on the parents. It's amazing that apparently "guns don't kill people" but violent video games do. Did they say that directly? No, but they said it in the same general vain that anti-gun people say it about guns which causes the NRA types to launch the critique of "guns don't kill people", so the label fits.
    do you know what is ridiculous? that the anti gun assholes in the press and politicians blame or insinuate that the NRA has any blame whatsoever in this massacre. The laws in place in CT were ones that the brady thugs approved of-registration of guns, waiting periods etc and gun free zones.

    why is the NRA even forced to respond when it should be the assholes who created a gun free killing zone or the fact that when the nut job tried to buy a gun and was denied no one acted upon is attempt to improperly obtain a weapon through legal sources?

  2. #252
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,814

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    You would think so, thats exactly why I question your frequent claims to be an attorney. You have provided zero evidence of being better educated in your debates with me.
    I don't need to, I actually respond to what you say while you dishonestly misrepresent my posts. You make claims that find no support in my posts such as me noting that a massacre is a crime and you claiming that means I consider a massacre the same as robbery

    most of your posts on this issue are dishonest, lies are complete misrepresentations

    I believe the reason for that is that your real motivations are not the facade you proffer to this board.

    its all about sticking it to conservative gun owners. that is the one motivation that is consistent in your myriad posts on a subject you continually demonstrate that you know very little about

  3. #253
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Crime is not what Americans are agonizing over, it is the needless slaughter of innocent people by cowards with guns.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    that's a crime

    DUH
    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    I see, you have trouble differentiating a robbery with the slaughter of innocent people. Thanks for the info. That helps explain a lot!
    ..............
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  4. #254
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,814

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    ..............
    you claimed that a massacre is not a crime, I said it was

    nothing more nothing less. what you should have said is that gun crime including the constant killing of Black Youth in gun ban areas like Chicago and DC does not upset the media or the Brady bunch, rather they see the slaughter of white children in an upper middle class area as far more useful in fueling their anti gun agendas

    that is the accurate statement

  5. #255
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    The NRA may've not limited to that, but they choose to make that their focus which is the ridiculous part. Even if we accept the premise that Violent Movies or Video Games substantially impacts (substantially enough to warrant being greatly singled out by the NRA) people to help create these kind of incidents, it still isn't worthy of such condemnation because the far greater point would be the PARENTS who allow their children to partake in such things. However, by focusing on such ridiculous things as blaming Video Games and Movies the NRA is highlighting the apparent feeling that society or the government should be taking the steps to "parent" children rather than putting it on the parents. It's amazing that apparently "guns don't kill people" but violent video games do. Did they say that directly? No, but they said it in the same general vain that anti-gun people say it about guns which causes the NRA types to launch the critique of "guns don't kill people", so the label fits.
    See what I bolded ? That is one more massive strawman. The NRA has not said that government needs to fix the family. And they sure as crap harbor no illusion that government will fix it ! No Conservative does ! We expect the opposite. That government will not fix the decay. With the creep of liberalism, its only going to get worse. The "if it feels good, do it" mentality that has grown since the 60's. The "if things suck for you, its someone else's fault", fomented by no less than der Leader Obama ! This is where we are headed, deeper into the morass, and the NRA knows it.

    That is why the NRA identified the best available solution. Someone to shoot back if need be. aka "fire prevention".
    Last edited by Eighty Deuce; 12-22-12 at 12:07 AM.

  6. #256
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,117

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    do you know what is ridiculous? that the anti gun assholes in the press and politicians blame or insinuate that the NRA has any blame whatsoever in this massacre. The laws in place in CT were ones that the brady thugs approved of-registration of guns, waiting periods etc and gun free zones.

    why is the NRA even forced to respond when it should be the assholes who created a gun free killing zone or the fact that when the nut job tried to buy a gun and was denied no one acted upon is attempt to improperly obtain a weapon through legal sources?
    Well the NRA lobbies for the most stupid things. All they care about is gun sales. They used to be an org all about gun safety, now it's all about gun sales. Any proposals that have gun sales limitation, no matter how heinous, they lobby against it. i.e...

    The Bush administration urged Congress to pass a law barring people on the terrorist watch list from buying explosives and guns. The gun lobby objected. Now the Obama administration is urging Congress to pass the same legislation, and the gun lobby continues to object.

    link...
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  7. #257
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    48,013

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    why is the NRA even forced to respond
    I'm sorry but what? Forced? No, the NRA chose to announce to the press they were going to be speaking. CHOSE to do a big press conference speaking about things. and CHOSE to say the ridiculous things they stated. That wasn't "forced". Was the coverage and attacks on them at times idiotic? Absolutely....but that doesn't magically mean they were "Forced" to do anything nor does it negate their own idiocy.

  8. #258
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,814

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Well the NRA lobbies for the most stupid things. All they care about is gun sales. They used to be an org all about gun safety, now it's all about gun sales. Any proposals that have gun sales limitation, no matter how heinous, they lobby against it. i.e...

    The Bush administration urged Congress to pass a law barring people on the terrorist watch list from buying explosives and guns. The gun lobby objected. Now the Obama administration is urging Congress to pass the same legislation, and the gun lobby continues to object.

    link...
    the NRA isn't perfect but they are far more honest than any of the anti gun groups

    the NRA hates these massacres-the leaders of the gun ban groups welcome them

    your claim is a lie btw. 95% of the people who have carry licenses were trained by NRA instructors. the NRA is state of the art in this area.

    if the dems had not begun in the 1960s using Gun control as a facade to escape the legitimate charge that the Dems were soft on crime, the NRA never would have had to become a lobbying group. its your side that started attacking gun rights

  9. #259
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,814

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    I'm sorry but what? Forced? No, the NRA chose to announce to the press they were going to be speaking. CHOSE to do a big press conference speaking about things. and CHOSE to say the ridiculous things they stated. That wasn't "forced". Was the coverage and attacks on them at times idiotic? Absolutely....but that doesn't magically mean they were "Forced" to do anything nor does it negate their own idiocy.
    so I guess you were ignorant of the thousands of comments in the media about why the NRA was being silent?

  10. #260
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    48,013

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    so I guess you were ignorant of the thousands of comments in the media about why the NRA was being silent?
    Oh, gotcha.

    Media commenting about the NRA = "Force"

    Bull****, and the type of bull**** that if this was flipped you'd be railing at people against.

    The NRA wasn't "forced" to do anything. They CHOSE to respond. And in their response they acted like the anti-gun people and decided to go on a moralistic crusade pointing the finger at some other secondary target as being to blame, in this case not one protected by the 2nd but one protected by the 1st.

Page 26 of 107 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •