Page 23 of 107 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 1067

Thread: NRA Newtown response [W:818]

  1. #221
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Show us the other wealthy countries with no gun laws that have a higher incidence of gun deaths?
    False analogy. The contest is not to see who has more. It is to compare us with similar countries with regard to gun ownership and crime.

    Look at Switzerland, for starters. Explain that.

  2. #222
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    And I see you as a lazy poster.
    You are the one posting one line responses and who attacked my arguments without so much as a shred of evidence to the contrary. I think your actions speak much louder than your words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  3. #223
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    I'm not sure why you are laughing. I just called you a poor judge of accuracy based on your assessment. I would not consider that a laughing matter. Your response indicates that you had nothing to disprove my argument.
    LOL <<<<< see that ? It says that I am laughing at your post. I think you not quite accurate. to put it mildly

  4. #224
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    Really ? Did not the Aurora shooter have a shrink, who reported deep concerns ? Was not Lanza noted to have problems ? Been to see shrinks ? From a family of uber-means ? Who was denied access there ? Who was not "addressed" within the scope of legitimate foresight ?
    Mental Health in America only goes as far as the families of those getting help until they pose a direct threat in which you can have them committed. Many families don't take that next necessary step. Are these people getting some help? Yes. Are they getting the help they really need as well as removing them as a threat from the rest of the population? Clearly No.

    It is patently wrong to blame violent games, porn or guns for the problem here. If those were the problem, we should be seeing far more mass violence by mentally stable people. We simply do not.

    The problem is mental healthcare in America. Fix that and you fix most of the mass shooting crimes.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  5. #225
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    You are the one posting one line responses and who attacked my arguments without so much as a shred of evidence to the contrary. I think your actions speak much louder than your words.
    Read my earlier posts. Chock full of links and arguments. You were debunked before you even posted.

  6. #226
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Last Seen
    01-27-13 @ 12:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    439

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    NRA Newtown response: National program to place armed security in schools

    LaPierre in part blamed mass shootings on "vicious, violent video games" such as "Bulletstorm," "Grand Theft Auto," Mortal Kombat" and "Splatterhouse." He also reached back in time to place blame on movies like "American Psycho" and "Natural Born Killers" for portraying "life as a joke and murder as a way of life."

    He went on to say that congress should put armed officers in every school in America. Who'd a thunk that a lobby for gun manufacturing comes up with the solution that we need to sell more guns? What a shocker.

    Anywhoo... I find it interesting that he chose to put a stupidity rift on this issue between his lobbying for the gun manufacturing industry and the video game, movie and music industries. He made it appear as "Guns? it's not gu.... LOOK OVER THERE!"
    Great all for what he said first lets pay for this by adding a 50% tax on all fire arms, 30% clips, 25% on ammo.! Then we can look at the license fees what a 1500 a gun. I think if the NRA wants to play this game. The government can play thiers. After all the only reason the NRA is saying this is to strike fear in people and sell more guns. So lets make it so expensive that no one can afford the damn things. Pretty much like tabacco.

  7. #227
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    LOL <<<<< see that ? It says that I am laughing at your post. I think you not quite accurate. to put it mildly
    Well, given that you have only argued so far that I am wrong because you say I am wrong, I'll defer to the obvious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  8. #228
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    You'll have to take that up with Eighty deuce, - "There are countries without the "no gun" laws, who in fact have lots of guns, but have uber-lower gun crime than the U.S."
    as usual you are misrepresenting what he said, I was merely noting your post was dishonest (yet again)

  9. #229
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Mental Health in America only goes as far as the families of those getting help until they pose a direct threat in which you can have them committed. Many families don't take that next necessary step. Are these people getting some help? Yes. Are they getting the help they really need as well as removing them as a threat from the rest of the population? Clearly No.

    It is patently wrong to blame violent games, porn or guns for the problem here. If those were the problem, we should be seeing far more mass violence by mentally stable people. We simply do not.

    The problem is mental healthcare in America. Fix that and you fix most of the mass shooting crimes.
    So now the standard is "committed" ? That was not your earlier argument, and as they say "good luck with that" .....

  10. #230
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    Read my earlier posts. Chock full of links and arguments. You were debunked before you even posted.
    You don't even know my arguments. You haven't even addressed a single one of them. You simply stated I was wrong without providing a lick of rational.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

Page 23 of 107 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •