Page 19 of 107 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 1067

Thread: NRA Newtown response [W:818]

  1. #181
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,301

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    it's surely not a very enlightened idea..... but then again, neither are gun bans.
    Well there is one little flaw in your argument Hans. No gun. No bullets, no mass killing.

    Wow, that was easy.

    See Canada. See Japan. See any civilized country with stricter gun controls.

    Next.

  2. #182
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,026

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by mr4anarchy View Post
    How many times do we have to repeat this?

    There was an armed guard at Columbine.

    Nancy Lanza was pretty well armed as well. How'd that work out for her.

    The over-whelming majority of parents would never support that at elementary schools. NEVER. (in fact any parent who would support that should get a visit from child services IMO)

    Patrols with trained police officers, fine. But those officers' time would be better spent auditing and updating lists of people who are never allowed to own a weapon. Every police department should have an anonymous tip line for people to call in their concerns about gun owners in the community who may have flew under the radar. The police can check public records for domestic abuse, and military records for dishonorable discharge or PTSD.

    Will these armed principles and janitors be wearing Kevlar vests? Because all the shooters do.

    Do you guys think these things through?
    No one claimed armed teachers would guarantee a nullification of a massacre. But that it MIGHT help. I say you need to be reported to CPS for allowing your kid to leave your guardianship into a Gun Free Zone where they become fish in a barrel. /sarcasm on reporting you but you should get the point
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  3. #183
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,301

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    sadly, in our country, many teachers became teachers to avoid serving (at least when I was a kid)
    Well there you have it. A righty talking **** about teachers? Color me stunned!

  4. #184
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Well there is one little flaw in your argument Hans. No gun. No bullets, no mass killing.

    Wow, that was easy.

    See Canada. See Japan. See any civilized country with stricter gun controls.

    Next.
    I know for a fact that Japan has had nerve gas attacks.
    You don't need a gun to have a mass attack.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  5. #185
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    I'm going to enjoy watching conservative gun nuts argue that the government needs to spend $8 billion a year putting police in every school in the country while at the same time arguing for "smaller government" and "deficit reduction".
    Yup. We're down with that. One thing ya'll don't seem to realize is that "restricted government" is not the same as "anarchy". Security (domestic and foriegn) is one of the few truly necessary jobs of government.

    However, the number of school administrators has shot up, way ahead of teachers, in the last couple of decades. We don't even need to increase spending - cut off some of our useless fat, and send those salaries the way of our First Responders. Or, hire trained individuals to fill those roles to begin with.

  6. #186
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Well there is one little flaw in your argument Hans. No gun. No bullets, no mass killing.

    Wow, that was easy.

    See Canada. See Japan. See any civilized country with stricter gun controls.

    Next.
    You got one massive flaw there. There are countries without the "no gun" laws, who in fact have lots of guns, but have uber-lower gun crime than the U.S. If you cut off every man's penis, you could claim birth control worked too. But that is not birth control as we will have to craft such. Just as Japan is not a model we will achieve.

    It ain't the guns.

  7. #187
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,133

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Yup. We're down with that. One thing ya'll don't seem to realize is that "restricted government" is not the same as "anarchy". Security (domestic and foriegn) is one of the few truly necessary jobs of government.
    Yup, I got that from the Bush years. Whenever conservatives want to spend a virtually unlimited amount of money with no end in sight, they use the term "national security" to justify it even if it goes against evidence or is based on faulty intelligence.

    However, the number of school administrators has shot up, way ahead of teachers, in the last couple of decades. We don't even need to increase spending - cut off some of our useless fat, and send those salaries the way of our First Responders. Or, hire trained individuals to fill those roles to begin with.
    Um...yeah I don't think that is true at all, but I would love to see your data. My guess is that your augment is completely based on anecdotal evidence from your own particular district and is not representative of the country at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  8. #188
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,321

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    You are frothing at the mouth due to a mental lapse... Good luck finding me ranting about the NRA in other threads or even being in the gun forum much at all if ever. I think I might have been in there once. You are simply doing a standard anti-liberal rant and putting my face on it without even knowing a thing about my positions on it all.
    Your attack on the NRA is text book knee jerk anti gun nonsense. As if they had ANYTHING to do with some lunatic on a killing spree.

    Your lack of prior NRA threads just reinforces my assertion that it's politics that motivates you, not a sincere concern over how to prevent these types of attacks from happening again.

    Liberals are good about supporting initiatives that DON'T work or don't have any tangible outcome, it's not about results it's about the intentions.

    For every disgusting remark made about the Tea Party or lie concocted about Conservative positions or Hyperbolic insults and trumped up accusations about the previous President you guys are really good at exposing your true character and proving time and time again that to be a die hard liberal one must first remove all pretense of integrity. That's not hyperbole that's truth.

    You quit counting dead American soldiers right after 2008, the media who's "objective" stopped covering some no name know nothing bitch who used her dead soldier son to gain attention and popularity, you ignore the massive deficit spending and a sinking economy under a incompetent President who's responsible for a shrinking labor force and a record number of people dependent on hand outs.....

    And you still blame Bush..Unbelievable.

    You ignore a obvious cover-up involving our dead Ambassador ( if it was Bush you guys would have impeached him buy now ) and lay claim to a GDP that's increasing solely because of massive Govt expenditures.

    No more nonsense about Halliburton who actually received their first "no bid contract" under Clinton's administration in his Kosovo redirect or blood for oil threads as you weigh a soldiers blood depending on the Political position of the current administration.


    So if I don't believe your "sincerity", just know I have a good reason not to.
    The New Democratic Party Slogan :

    " Return to Power By Any Means Necessary "

  9. #189
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Well there is one little flaw in your argument Hans. No gun. No bullets, no mass killing.

    Wow, that was easy.

    See Canada. See Japan. See any civilized country with stricter gun controls.

    Next.
    Actually you are incorrect

    The majority of Canadians want less Gun Control. Not more of it. As a % of the population, gun related crime Canada has actually risen since they passed Gun Control Laws in the late 70s. Same thing happened in Australia. Home Invasions alone were up 70%. In the UK gun violence per 100K citizens is more than 2K, while in the United States it's less than 500.

    Criminals don't follow gun laws

  10. #190
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Well to be honest, there are nearly 100k schools in the U.S.
    That's quite an expense, although I think it's doable.
    Well, think about it. I'll bet we spend millions protecting just one school from fire, special fire doors, flame-retardant materials, concrete walls and floors, alarms on every floor wired to the fire department, sprinkler systems, smoke and flame detectors, etc., etc.

    At the least, can we not secure our school buildings? Ballastic glass on the front entrance...a part-time cop to man the entrance at the beginning of the school day and run the students through metal detectors...(they already do this in many inner-city schools in Chicago and other large cities)...alarms wired directly to cop stations when doors are breached or an attempt is made...wired alarms in every classroom...secure steel doors at every classroom entrance with ballastic glass -- to be locked when class is in session...I could think of many more fixes that would slow down the likes of our Connecticut embecile that would allow for prepared emergency response from LEOs -- and that wouldn't even REQUIRE one person armed in the school.

    I'd actually be more for those fixes than having an armed person in the school whose job was to be utterly bored 99.999999999999% of the time and be expected to be a Ninja in a heartbeat.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

Page 19 of 107 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •