Page 15 of 107 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 1067

Thread: NRA Newtown response [W:818]

  1. #141
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,324

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Hey Maggie... you don't think Canada and the rest of the world get those games? So how do you explain that? Look at my signature...

    Actually I agree with Maggie D. There is a desensitizing effect on kids who play and are exposed to violence through movies and the internet. Do all Canadians think that exposing a young mind, of any age to a violent filled movie, games or internet is a good idea ?

    Is it your opinion that that our society or yours benefits from a arbitrary exposure to blatant violence ?

    And guns ? Canada has the luxury of being America's Top Hat and pushing socialist ideology and policies that would be economically impossible if if were up to Canadians to defend their selves with any considerable self funded military.

    Before Texas became a conceal carry State we got to listen to the empty headed liberals tell us how our State would, because of our new law devolve into a Wild West style every man for himself nightmare.

    It didn't happen and in fact has led a society that has the means to protect itself from criminals who with or with out gun laws threaten our citizens.

    You'll never empty our country of firearms, especially when our politicians refuse to protect our Southern borders so give those who would abide by the existing laws and conform to their second amendment rights the chance to protect themselves and their families.
    Last edited by Fenton; 12-21-12 at 09:33 PM.
    The New Democratic Party Slogan :

    " Return to Power By Any Means Necessary "

  2. #142
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    that is how the law was for over 150 years. the "loophole" was making dealers do something they had never done until 1968
    Looks like that is coming to an end.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  3. #143
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,803

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    Their membership is expanding. Gun sales through the roof right now. Ditto for magazines and ammo.

    You were saying ..........

    On Wed and today, i spent a total of four hours at the biggest gunshop in Cincinnati because its where I shoot. I saw over 200 "assault weapons" be sold along with hundreds of normal capacity (20/30) shot magazines. MOST of the buyers did not have "assault weapons" though one guy bought FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS (two AR 15s, one FN-FAL and two handguns) and said he had spent TWENTY THOUSAND DOLLARS since the Newtown massacre. He said he planned on reselling some of the guns if the ban comes since he could "make lots of money:"

    the liberal dems are responsible for putting millions of more magazines on the street. plus the makers of both guns and magazines are hiring on for 24/7 production to crank out as much as they can while the dems are dicking around with whatever idiocy they come up with

    if the dems and the turd in chief had not whined about guns, this wouldn't be happening. but now the dems and the Brady scumsuckers are going to put at least 5 million more guns and tenX as many magazines into private circulation and since many people are buying those guns for resale, that means lots of guns that are harder to "trace"

    good job Dems
    Last edited by TurtleDude; 12-21-12 at 09:42 PM. Reason: auto edit changed gunshop to gunshot

  4. #144
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,803

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Looks like that is coming to an end.
    why don't you have the honesty to tell people why you are spending so much time braying in favor of more stupid gun laws?

    You can never enforce private sales being subjected to a check. unless all guns are registered-probably a dream of yours but its not gonna happen.

  5. #145
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    At least someone gets my sarcastic point.......

    BTW: For the Record..... I could care less if homosexual people have butt sex or not. It does not affect me.

    Just like guns, of all types, and in whatever magazine capacity they can think of, in the hands of sane people does not affect me.
    I thought your example was perfect. It accurately illustrated the absurdity of the liberal argument here for gun control.

    It really pisses them off when you do that ....

  6. #146
    Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
    SgtRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,006

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Case study on the effectiveness of gun bans. Chicago and Washington DC how is it working out for them? In places where guns are banned murder and violent crimes go up. Go ahead ban guns, the blood will be on your hands.
    When America is strong the world is calm, When America is weak tyrants and terrorist slaughter the meek. ~ SgtRock

  7. #147
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,190

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Drug laws mostly don't work. However, gun control laws do seem to.

    News to me. Chicago, Detriot, DC... all but gun-ban cities, yet with very high murder rates.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  8. #148
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by SgtRock View Post
    Case study on the effectiveness of gun bans.
    In the UK in 2009 there were 39 homicides with guns, in the US there were over 9,000.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  9. #149
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,803

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    News to me. Chicago, Detriot, DC... all but gun-ban cities, yet with very high murder rates.
    she is right Goshin. where some make mistakes is arguing that gun restrictions do not decrease crime. and if that was the PURPOSE of those laws than your argument would be sound

    in reality, the purpose of the chicago laws is to disarm HONEST PEOPLE and make the lives of criminals safer therefore causing crime victims to clamor for more government

    that is the REAL motivation of the gun haters and their laws ARE WORKING TO DO WHAT MOTIVATES THEM

  10. #150
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,803

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    In the UK in 2009 there were 39 homicides with guns, in the US there were over 9,000.
    more dishonesty. there was far less crimes of violence before the UK started banning guns

    we get more guns and less crime, they have less LEGAL guns and more crime

Page 15 of 107 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •