Page 100 of 107 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1067

Thread: NRA Newtown response [W:818]

  1. #991
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,814

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Exactly. What the gun banners fail to account for is enforcement. If we had sufficient policing efficiency to enforce a total gun ban (getting all 300,000,000+ of them collected, and ensuring that no more crop up) then that same super efficient policing force could just as easily identify and arrest just the 20,000 felons that use them to commit crime.

    you guys keep thinking that crime control is what motivates these gun haters and all we need to do is show them that their schemes won't work

    that is not the point of their schemes. its to harass lawful gun owners

  2. #992
    Student jakiejakester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Soho, NYC
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    263

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post

    Evidence clearly shows that its not "gun control" that separates our crime rates from others.
    So then what is it? I've traveled the world for many, many years for my job and I find it hard to comprehend why Americans are so violent. Any insights?
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

  3. #993
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,814

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by jakiejakester View Post
    So then what is it? I've traveled the world for many, many years for my job and I find it hard to comprehend why Americans are so violent. Any insights?

    its sure not our gun laws

  4. #994
    Student jakiejakester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Soho, NYC
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    263

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you guys keep thinking that crime control is what motivates these gun haters and all we need to do is show them that their schemes won't work

    that is not the point of their schemes. its to harass lawful gun owners
    Surely you can't believe what you wrote? I think it's pretty self-centered to think that gun owners are so powerful that harassing them to get even is the objective. That's nonsense IMHO.
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

  5. #995
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,814

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by jakiejakester View Post
    Surely you can't believe what you wrote? I think it's pretty self-centered to think that gun owners are so powerful that harassing them to get even is the objective. That's nonsense IMHO.

    have you read the posts on this board? lots of bitching about the NRA. DId you see all the insane loons protesting against the NRA on the news. why is it that almost every person demanding more gun control liberal or more left?

  6. #996
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by jakiejakester View Post
    Surely you can't believe what you wrote? I think it's pretty self-centered to think that gun owners are so powerful that harassing them to get even is the objective. That's nonsense IMHO.
    Most libertarians believe that everyone is out to get them.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  7. #997
    Student jakiejakester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Soho, NYC
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    263

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    have you read the posts on this board? lots of bitching about the NRA. DId you see all the insane loons protesting against the NRA on the news. why is it that almost every person demanding more gun control liberal or more left?
    This board is not a representative sample of the American public by any measure. Your point about the left is not valid to me anymore than if I were to right "Why is it every person actively pursuing voter suppression is right wing or far right wing?"

    I think that there are positions that are always going to be favored by a majority of one party that the other party finds repugnant. We could both list countless points that would qualify but that is what separates the Blue from the Red. If I were trying to be cute or funny I would start calling red staters the "Red Menance" just to annoy. It would be similar to those who think people are less "macho" because they support more gun regulation. Both points are idiotic.
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

  8. #998
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,814

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by jakiejakester View Post
    This board is not a representative sample of the American public by any measure. Your point about the left is not valid to me anymore than if I were to right "Why is it every person actively pursuing voter suppression is right wing or far right wing?"

    I think that there are positions that are always going to be favored by a majority of one party that the other party finds repugnant. We could both list countless points that would qualify but that is what separates the Blue from the Red. If I were trying to be cute or funny I would start calling red staters the "Red Menance" just to annoy. It would be similar to those who think people are less "macho" because they support more gun regulation. Both points are idiotic.
    I have been dealing with the anti gun leaders for years. I have personally debated Pete Shields, Sarah Brady and Howard metzenbaum and a bunch of less well known gun banners.

    And there is no doubt in my mind they are either motivated by mental issues (Shields and Brady both had family members shot)or power/politics or both

    Sarah Brady went from a second string B list washington insider before her husband was crippled to rich and powerful. She claimed for years all she wanted was a background check-the minute that passed she was on the assault weapon bandwagon because she was not about to give up the fame and power

    and she is a liar. every time a state contemplated CCW laws Brady was there flapping her gums about how BLOOD WOULD RUN IN THE STREET. maybe the first couple times you could write off her idiocy as speculation. But after 40+ states passed those laws and there were years of evidence available, she continues to spew that crap and by now she has to
    know that her claims are specious.

    same with the assault weapon ban. I don't think DIFI or Schumer are stupid. Schumer bragged that when the first AWB was passed he was going to stick it to the NRA with other laws that had no relevance to deterring crime

  9. #999
    Student jakiejakester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Soho, NYC
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    263

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    have you read the posts on this board? lots of bitching about the NRA. DId you see all the insane loons protesting against the NRA on the news. why is it that almost every person demanding more gun control liberal or more left?
    One other thing I feel compelled to write about your comment about the loony left. Compared to the Birthers, Anti-Immigrant, Anti New Tax right wing the loony left is a whole lot more mainstream than the crazies on the right....IMHO....
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

  10. #1000
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,814

    Re: NRA Newtown response

    Quote Originally Posted by jakiejakester View Post
    One other thing I feel compelled to write about your comment about the loony left. Compared to the Birthers, Anti-Immigrant, Anti New Tax right wing the loony left is a whole lot more mainstream than the crazies on the right....IMHO....
    I'd rather stick to the topic and on this topic the posts that have no basis in reason are coming from the ARC though I disagree with the NRA on putting cops in every school.

    I want staff members who WANT TO CARRY carrying, I want me and my wife when we go to school functions able to carry.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •