Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 136

Thread: 4 dead in Blair Co. shooting; 3 troopers injured

  1. #81
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,552

    Re: 4 dead in Blair Co. shooting; 3 troopers injured

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Because most people are idiots.
    This isn't Canada, bro!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #82
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: 4 dead in Blair Co. shooting; 3 troopers injured

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    If we were all packin', this sort of thing wouldn't happen as much.

    There will always be bad people in the world. The only thing that will change will be the ability of decent people to protect themselves.
    Great idea. Now every drunken bar fight can escalate into a massive shootout in a crowded area.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  3. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: 4 dead in Blair Co. shooting; 3 troopers injured

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    No we need to ban cars and trucks or roads because taking things away from people who do nothing wrong makes the most sense
    Maybe when a baby is born we should just amputate the trigger finger. Hell, maybe we should just amputate the entire hand because it is about as logical as banning guns.

    Think about all the creative ways one could die from a hand. The simple fact we can grip is dangerous enough, not to mention our big brains that allow us to concoct ideas.

  4. #84
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,552

    Re: 4 dead in Blair Co. shooting; 3 troopers injured

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Great idea. Now every drunken bar fight can escalate into a massive shootout in a crowded area.
    Compared to school shootings and highway ambushes, how many times do bar brawls escalate into a, "massive shootout in a crowded area"?

    I don't recall too many of those threads.

    Or, is this another, "meteor in your living room", argument?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #85
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: 4 dead in Blair Co. shooting; 3 troopers injured

    Quote Originally Posted by Capster78 View Post
    Install guns on cars, guns on buildings, guns on trees with cameras.. Then put guns on the guns so that the guns can protect themselves from other guns.. Then, you need to have guns pointed at those guns to protect themselves from themselves and other guns guns.
    Haha greatest quote ever. Love it.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  6. #86
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: 4 dead in Blair Co. shooting; 3 troopers injured

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    This thread isnt ABOUT 20 innocent children...it is about a rather common daily occurrence that gets absolutely ZERO attention. Perhaps because its uncomfortable...frequently involves handguns and not 'assault weapons' and of course..often involves minorities, gangs, etc. Cant discuss the problems there.

    Add up all of your 'mass shooting' victims...how do you think that compares to your average 'day in the life' of many inner city communities?
    It's gets plenty of attention. It's a classic argument that no one ever talks about the black on black violence or intercity violence in general. My guess is ethnocentrism. If you watch Fox News, you won't hear much about it. You would need to watch local media and it even comes up plenty in pop culture:



    No one is ignoring that type of violence. You just aren't hearing the discussions.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  7. #87
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: 4 dead in Blair Co. shooting; 3 troopers injured

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Compared to school shootings and highway ambushes, how many times do bar brawls escalate into a, "massive shootout in a crowded area"?

    I don't recall too many of those threads.

    Or, is this another, "meteor in your living room", argument?
    That's because most people in bars aren't carrying.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  8. #88
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,717

    4 dead in Blair Co. shooting; 3 troopers injured

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    It's gets plenty of attention. It's a classic argument that no one ever talks about the black on black violence or intercity violence in general. My guess is ethnocentrism. If you watch Fox News, you won't hear much about it. You would need to watch local media and it even comes up plenty in pop culture:



    No one is ignoring that type of violence. You just aren't hearing the discussions.
    Actually, all you have to do is observe this site. People have even made excuses over why it is ignored. Or maybe we are getting different screen sets and yours is littered with threads about day to day violence. You should link to some of those. Shouldn't be hard, seeing as how so many people...you know...'care'.

  9. #89
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,552

    Re: 4 dead in Blair Co. shooting; 3 troopers injured

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    That's because most people in bars aren't carrying.
    More people in bars are carrying than a school house. How do bar room massacres compare to schoolhouse massacres?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #90
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: 4 dead in Blair Co. shooting; 3 troopers injured

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    More people in bars are carrying than a school house. How do bar room massacres compare to schoolhouse massacres?
    That's apples and oranges. There hasn't been a bar room massacre because no one has cared to go do it. Are you trying to say that it hasn't happened because of some fear that a random redneck might be packing?

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Actually, all you have to do is observe this site. People have even made excuses over why it is ignored. Or maybe we are getting different screen sets and yours is littered with threads about day to day violence. You should link to some of those. Shouldn't be hard, seeing as how so many people...you know...'care'.
    Local violence in general doesn't make mass media. It's all over the local media and it's heavily talked about in pop culture. The discussion of urban violence is not new or hidden, you just aren't looking in the right place or your mind is trained to look for conspiracy from listening to too much Fox News and Limbaugh.

    Hey, maybe now that Christmas is over Fox can quit focusing on the "War on Christmas" and you can talk them into spotlighting local violence.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •