Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 422

Thread: G.O.P. Leaders in House Pull Tax Bill, Citing Lack of Votes[W: 414]

  1. #291
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: G.O.P. Leaders in House Pull Tax Bill, Citing Lack of Votes

    Quote Originally Posted by Whipsnade View Post




    Mid-winter fishing, nothing like it. I knew if I dangled the proper bait I would land me big ole winger carp.

    Notice that little bit of pink hanging on the bottom part of the graph worm,just over the Obama presidency?As soon as we shake that loose in a couple of years we'll turn this sucker around just as we always do.
    Not surprising that a 16.3 trillion dollar debt or over 100% of yearly GDP doesn't bother you. After all it is only money and the govt. can print all they want. Obama is a big spending liberal and that is fine with people like you who don't understand debt service or basic economics.

  2. #292
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: G.O.P. Leaders in House Pull Tax Bill, Citing Lack of Votes

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Not surprising that a 16.3 trillion dollar debt or over 100% of yearly GDP doesn't bother you. After all it is only money and the govt. can print all they want. Obama is a big spending liberal and that is fine with people like you who don't understand debt service or basic economics.
    Did you notice that the top the graph worm was almost flat?The bush wars are almost done, with Haigle in as defense secretary its only a matter of time till the Industrial Military Complex goes on a diet.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  3. #293
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: G.O.P. Leaders in House Pull Tax Bill, Citing Lack of Votes

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    So first you said she was faking it, then you said she wont testify, now you admit she is going to testify, now its "oh she wont say anything worthwhile and only do what she always does".
    She has not testified yet. Has she? I am not admitting that she will testify. I am acknowledging that she is scheduled to testify.
    I also look at here record when she has testified in the past.

    How are you?

  4. #294
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: G.O.P. Leaders in House Pull Tax Bill, Citing Lack of Votes

    Quote Originally Posted by Whipsnade View Post
    Did you notice that the top the graph worm was almost flat?The bush wars are almost done, with Haigle in as defense secretary its only a matter of time till the Industrial Military Complex goes on a diet.
    Bush wars? Didn't Congress under Democrat control authorize the wars and aren't the cost of those wars including in the yearly deficit of the year incurred? You don't seem to understand deficit and debt. Deficits are yearly and include ALL expenses incurred during the year including off budget items. Debt is cumulative. Debt when Obama took office was 10.6 trillion dollars and is now over 16.3 trillion. How much of that is due to the war?

    Let me know when Obama had a budget deficit of less than a trillion dollars? Let me know what the 250 billion in debt service funds and how that helps the American people? Please name for us the fourth largest budget item in the Federal Budget?

    Current Defense Budget is close to 800 billion dollars. Eliminating the entire budget wouldn't create a surplus. Cutting it in half will still generate an almost trillion dollar deficit. You really need to do better research and maybe get out a little more. Your first job is going to be quite an eye opener to you when you see the withholding from your paycheck.

  5. #295
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: G.O.P. Leaders in House Pull Tax Bill, Citing Lack of Votes

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Debt is cumulative. Debt when Obama took office was 10.6 trillion dollars and is now over 16.3 trillion. How much of that is due to the war?

    Let me know when Obama had a budget deficit of less than a trillion dollars? Let me know what the 250 billion in debt service funds and how that helps the American people? Please name for us the fourth largest budget item in the Federal Budget?

    Current Defense Budget is close to 800 billion dollars. Eliminating the entire budget wouldn't create a surplus. Cutting it in half will still generate an almost trillion dollar deficit. You really need to do better research and maybe get out a little more. Your first job is going to be quite an eye opener to you when you see the withholding from your paycheck.

    True, the budget is still too large but thatís result of a depressed economy, which we are in the process of pulling out of inspite of the roadblocks set up the last four year by the republican obstructionist in congress .As the graph I posted shows the worm is flattening out,when the economy gets outta low gear and into higher gears, itís off to the races. That is happening now, not only at the fed level but the state level as well. Just look at the housing market; hell, Ca.it seems is in budget [projected} surplus.

    If you would bother to take your blinders off for a few seconds and look at things without them, you would see that things are not all doom and gloom for the country as you seem to think.

    For instance, look at what the obstructionist 112th congress and the Pres. managed to pull off in 2011Öeven with said obstruction. Spending cuts agreed to in 2011, almost $1.5 trillion, $600 billion in tax(thank you 1%) increases. With the Afghanistan war grinding down sooner rather than later as the Pres told us last week. You do the math. Looks like at least $250 billion there. Yep, the ole graph worm is aheding for a nose dive, even with the slowest jobs gain in years.



    <DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE BUDGET FOR FY 2001>

    <Secretary of Defense William S. Cohen today released details of President Clinton's Fiscal Year (FY) 2001 defense budget. The budget requests $291.1 billion in budget authority and $277.5 billion in outlays for the Department of Defense (DoD). >

    < The President's 2012 Budget for the Department of Defense (DOD) reflects that commitment, proposing $553 billion >
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  6. #296
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: G.O.P. Leaders in House Pull Tax Bill, Citing Lack of Votes

    Quote Originally Posted by Whipsnade View Post
    True, the budget is still too large but that’s result of a depressed economy, which we are in the process of pulling out of inspite of the roadblocks set up the last four year by the republican obstructionist in congress .As the graph I posted shows the worm is flattening out,when the economy gets outta low gear and into higher gears, it’s off to the races. That is happening now, not only at the fed level but the state level as well. Just look at the housing market; hell, Ca.it seems is in budget [projected} surplus.

    If you would bother to take your blinders off for a few seconds and look at things without them, you would see that things are not all doom and gloom for the country as you seem to think.

    For instance, look at what the obstructionist 112th congress and the Pres. managed to pull off in 2011…even with said obstruction. Spending cuts agreed to in 2011, almost $1.5 trillion, $600 billion in tax(thank you 1%) increases. With the Afghanistan war grinding down sooner rather than later as the Pres told us last week. You do the math. Looks like at least $250 billion there. Yep, the ole graph worm is aheding for a nose dive, even with the slowest jobs gain in years.



    <DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE BUDGET FOR FY 2001>

    <Secretary of Defense William S. Cohen today released details of President Clinton's Fiscal Year (FY) 2001 defense budget. The budget requests $291.1 billion in budget authority and $277.5 billion in outlays for the Department of Defense (DoD). >

    < The President's 2012 Budget for the Department of Defense (DOD) reflects that commitment, proposing $553 billion >
    You actually live in a dream world and are part of the problem. there have been no budget cuts but like the little toy soldier you are, you buy the rhetoric, what exactly did Obama cut and please be specific? He it taking credit for cutting expenses for a war in Iraq that no longer exists.

    You, my friend are part of the problem, not part of the solution. We have a 16.3 trillion dollar debt today and trillion dollar deficits projected every year of the Obama term. Like that little liberal that you are it is all about spending in the name of compassion but never getting compassionate results. You deserve Obama, the rest of us don't

  7. #297
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: G.O.P. Leaders in House Pull Tax Bill, Citing Lack of Votes

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You actually live in a dream world and are part of the problem. there have been no budget cuts but like the little toy soldier you are, you buy the rhetoric, what exactly did Obama cut and please be specific? He it taking credit for cutting expenses for a war in Iraq that no longer exists.

    You, my friend are part of the problem, not part of the solution. We have a 16.3 trillion dollar debt today and trillion dollar deficits projected every year of the Obama term. Like that little liberal that you are it is all about spending in the name of compassion but never getting compassionate results. You deserve Obama, the rest of us don't
    I just showed you almost two $trillion in budget cuts/tax increasse and you say im inna dream world.When your not dodgen your a real hoot con.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  8. #298
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: G.O.P. Leaders in House Pull Tax Bill, Citing Lack of Votes

    Quote Originally Posted by Whipsnade View Post
    I just showed you almost two $trillion in budget cuts/tax increasse and you say im inna dream world.When your not dodgen your a real hoot con.
    There are no budget cuts, the budget is higher this year than last year and higher last year than the year before. I suggest you seek some help because you really need it. Any projected budget cuts haven't happened yet and are a drop in the bucket. 1.5 trillion over 10 years is 150 billion a year so instead of a 1.2 trillion deficit it will still be over a trillion dollars. Keep buying the liberal rhetoric and one day you will grow up and realize what a fool Obama made out of you.

  9. #299
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: G.O.P. Leaders in House Pull Tax Bill, Citing Lack of Votes

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Not surprising that a 16.3 trillion dollar debt or over 100% of yearly GDP doesn't bother you. After all it is only money and the govt. can print all they want. Obama is a big spending liberal and that is fine with people like you who don't understand debt service or basic economics.
    It's smaller than the WWII debt which like all military spending is dead weight on the economy. We came out of that problem with growth (not tax cuts for the wealthy and not austerity). We can do the same thing now, since the problem is not as acute and despite the total wasteful spending by Bush on Iraq and Afghanistan, at least Obama has invested in infrastructure. Borrowing money cheap in a recession and repairing and modernizing infrastructure results in higher productivity faster when the recession's effects end.

    So Obama did the right thing in not panicking and going the failed austerity route. Just ask the UK, with their double dip recession (which may go triple dip) and Germany with its lame .5 percent economic growth.

    The empricial data is in: austerity is a failure. Obama's Keynesian route has been vindicated (again). Get used to it.
    Last edited by head of joaquin; 01-18-13 at 04:47 PM.

  10. #300
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: G.O.P. Leaders in House Pull Tax Bill, Citing Lack of Votes

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Bush wars? Didn't Congress under Democrat control authorize the wars and aren't the cost of those wars including in the yearly deficit of the year incurred? .
    No, in fact.

    But it's rather comical that conservatives want to now give Democrat "credit" for Bush's fiasco in Iraq and Reaghanistan

Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •