Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 422

Thread: G.O.P. Leaders in House Pull Tax Bill, Citing Lack of Votes[W: 414]

  1. #121
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: G.O.P. Leaders in House Pull Tax Bill, Citing Lack of Votes

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Please do enlighten me.
    If you haven't gotten it by this time in your life....
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #122
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: G.O.P. Leaders in House Pull Tax Bill, Citing Lack of Votes

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    If you haven't gotten it by this time in your life....
    Ok, so as usual you have nothing substantive, just the usual hack attack.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #123
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: G.O.P. Leaders in House Pull Tax Bill, Citing Lack of Votes

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Ok, so as usual you have nothing substantive, just the usual hack attack.
    You skip over "substance"....
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Yes, feeding people...US citizens...is a waste of money.

    Merry Christmas.


    PS....FLASHBACK...

    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #124
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: G.O.P. Leaders in House Pull Tax Bill, Citing Lack of Votes

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    You skip over "substance"....

    Look, I have not a problem with helping people that actually need the help, but, short of some extenuating factor that precludes them from finding employment to support themselves, then there should be a time limit on this aid, and not side stepped through going around congress, and through crony agencies, I also don't think that the dept of ag should be actively advertising for more participants. Is our goal to get people to work, or to get people to take government handouts?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #125
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: G.O.P. Leaders in House Pull Tax Bill, Citing Lack of Votes

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    You just make **** up that you think sounds good in a progressive narrative don't you....Problem is when you talk out of your arse, is that it is clear that you don't have a clue what you are talking about.



    You anti defense people who are unwilling to take a hard look at the real waste of money in entitlements are sickening.
    I,m not anti defense,I,m anti starvingof United States Citizens for the sake of the latest toy of the military industrial complex(that Ike warned us about over fifty years ago).

    Do you feel up to answering the question of WHO is such a threat that we would see the need for spending on a engine for a plane, that would supply food stamps for the needy, of a large city in our country for a YEAR.Are you in favor of taking food outta babies mouths to feed the Military Industrial Complex?From an imaginary enemy?
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  6. #126
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: G.O.P. Leaders in House Pull Tax Bill, Citing Lack of Votes

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Look, I have not a problem with helping people that actually need the help, but, short of some extenuating factor that precludes them from finding employment to support themselves, then there should be a time limit on this aid, and not side stepped through going around congress, and through crony agencies, I also don't think that the dept of ag should be actively advertising for more participants. Is our goal to get people to work, or to get people to take government handouts?
    You have once again decided to follow your red herring and ignore the substance of this discussion. You wanted to "be enlightened" on Pentagon waste, you have it and yet you purposely ignore it.

    You proved my earlier point.

    And this approach leaves no room for creative accounting.
    If you haven't gotten it by this time in your life....
    Last edited by Gimmesometruth; 12-24-12 at 03:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #127
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: G.O.P. Leaders in House Pull Tax Bill, Citing Lack of Votes

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    You have once again decided to follow your red herring and ignore the substance of this discussion. You wanted to "be enlightened" on Pentagon waste, you have it and yet you purposely ignore it.
    No, you miss the point. There is waste at magnitudes of the pentagon budget occurring in the rest of the government. But that can't be addressed, because they are liberal sacred cows.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #128
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: G.O.P. Leaders in House Pull Tax Bill, Citing Lack of Votes

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    No, you miss the point. There is waste at magnitudes of the pentagon budget occurring in the rest of the government. But that can't be addressed, because they are liberal sacred cows.
    Um, the Pentagon has the largest share, far and away, of the discretionary budget.....and with 25% of their budget UNACCOUNTED for, don't even start whining about SNAP. You have no argument about "not addressing" anything....at all.




    PS...note that Vet payouts should be in the military budget along with much of "Science"......and SNAP is in the Ag sliver.
    Last edited by Gimmesometruth; 12-24-12 at 03:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #129
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: G.O.P. Leaders in House Pull Tax Bill, Citing Lack of Votes

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    LOL...you think that last bit helps your argument? I mean ignoring the fact that Pentagon is notorious for underestimates, you don't understand how that phrase you quoted absolutely kills whatever point you think you had?
    That's why i ignored it.
    Last edited by Donc; 12-24-12 at 03:56 PM.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  10. #130
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: G.O.P. Leaders in House Pull Tax Bill, Citing Lack of Votes

    Quote Originally Posted by TaraAnne View Post
    You need to do more praying for yourself and that disfunctinal idea call conservatism becausse it is an out an out joke! Fcats have been posted time and time agian yet you and others ingonore them. However, let me put it to you the other way Republicans lost the election, there was a choice for the Romney plan and Obama's. Obama's won period he is under no obligation to pass the robme plan!
    Republicans, and therefore the American people, also won the election. The House of Representatives is firmly in Republican control. We can save the half of the country that voted for the Marxist from themselves if we get a Speaker who is conservative, principled and courageous. This will be difficult but it is not impossible.

    The House can, and should, defund all of the leftist organizations. Then it should begin on all of the extra-constitutional agencies and departments. We can fix this. Yes we can!

Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •