Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 422

Thread: G.O.P. Leaders in House Pull Tax Bill, Citing Lack of Votes[W: 414]

  1. #101
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: G.O.P. Leaders in House Pull Tax Bill, Citing Lack of Votes

    Quote Originally Posted by Whipsnade View Post
    Was that before or after plan b?

    Plan B was a stupid stunt, however Boehner had to find out what his caucus would accept. But it did highlight a definite hypocrisy in the demo mouthfoaming, and that is that the report as of late was that Obama was willing to go up to $400 Billion income as far as taxation, then when Boehner pulled the bill he builds up to a press conference where everyone thinks that a deal may be in the offing only to have Obama smugly pronounce that nothing has been reached, and he goes back to his dumb ass 2% language.

    And Harry Reid standing next to him like he is some kind of advisor with knowledge, what a buffoon. Hell, he can't even get a budget through the senate. BTW, where is that budget anyway? You know its been 5 years since a budget was passed. Ya know, I don't think demo's have a clue, they can't get a budget, Obama can't even bring his own caucus around to any kind of real cuts in spending, and instead of being serious about what is facing our country, Obama and the clowns who support him are throwing a temper tantrum over people making more money than they do...What a bunch if children.

    So, what is the deal? Well, the sequester will be a fact, and although the military will see significant cuts, so will y'all's precious social welfare entitlements. Taxes will go up on everyone, and nearly a million more jobs will be lost. Then repubs in congress can come back in and pass a bill to lower the tax rates permanently and you demo's lose the narrative...Unfortunately not before your tax and spend policies destroy what little economy we have left....Hopefully America will wake up and send you guys packing for another 100 years.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #102
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: G.O.P. Leaders in House Pull Tax Bill, Citing Lack of Votes

    Quote Originally Posted by Whipsnade View Post
    A toad would be about as effective.
    We don't let demo's pick our speaker....Too bad for you.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #103
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,544

    Re: G.O.P. Leaders in House Pull Tax Bill, Citing Lack of Votes

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Plan B was a stupid stunt, however Boehner had to find out what his caucus would accept. But it did highlight a definite hypocrisy in the demo mouthfoaming, and that is that the report as of late was that Obama was willing to go up to $400 Billion income as far as taxation, then when Boehner pulled the bill he builds up to a press conference where everyone thinks that a deal may be in the offing only to have Obama smugly pronounce that nothing has been reached, and he goes back to his dumb ass 2% language.

    And Harry Reid standing next to him like he is some kind of advisor with knowledge, what a buffoon. Hell, he can't even get a budget through the senate. BTW, where is that budget anyway? You know its been 5 years since a budget was passed. Ya know, I don't think demo's have a clue, they can't get a budget, Obama can't even bring his own caucus around to any kind of real cuts in spending, and instead of being serious about what is facing our country, Obama and the clowns who support him are throwing a temper tantrum over people making more money than they do...What a bunch if children.

    So, what is the deal? Well, the sequester will be a fact, and although the military will see significant cuts, so will y'all's precious social welfare entitlements. Taxes will go up on everyone, and nearly a million more jobs will be lost. Then repubs in congress can come back in and pass a bill to lower the tax rates permanently and you demo's lose the narrative...Unfortunately not before your tax and spend policies destroy what little economy we have left....Hopefully America will wake up and send you guys packing for another 100 years.
    Quit using logic when discussing congress critter's likely actions - as it does not apply. What will happen (next week) is a "bipartisan compromise" to avoid the "cliff" (real spending cuts now and a tax increase now for all) will be passed but, it will simply be a "time out" (delay) bill, "kick the can down the road", doing absolutely nothing about taxes or spending. Note that everything is now discussed and passed in the crisis or emergency mode to bypass any strict "pay go" rules.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  4. #104
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: G.O.P. Leaders in House Pull Tax Bill, Citing Lack of Votes

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Quit using logic when discussing congress critter's likely actions - as it does not apply. What will happen (next week) is a "bipartisan compromise" to avoid the "cliff" (real spending cuts now and a tax increase now for all) will be passed but, it will simply be a "time out" (delay) bill, "kick the can down the road", doing absolutely nothing about taxes or spending. Note that everything is now discussed and passed in the crisis or emergency mode to bypass any strict "pay go" rules.
    I am going through a real tough time right now believing that ANY of the goof balls in DC understand what is reality for people like me out here....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #105
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,544

    Re: G.O.P. Leaders in House Pull Tax Bill, Citing Lack of Votes

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I am going through a real tough time right now believing that ANY of the goof balls in DC understand what is reality for people like me out here....
    It is really easy to figure out the motivations of congress critters, simply follow the money. Money controls the congress critters; they control the out-flow (of funds borrowed and/or taxed) in return for in-flow (campaign contributions and "support" groups, aka lobbysts). All federal spending is either to support campaign cash or to keep "critical" voting blocks on board, more for the former than the latter, but both are vitally important for re-election. Note that, even in "bad" times, the re-election rate is well over 80%, so "change" is virtually impossible; even when change does occur, it is more likely in the primary elections than in the general election. So few voters ever draw a connection between "their" congress critter and "the problem"; they tend to dislike congress in general yet like (or at least tolerate) their own party/state/district representative enough to keep them.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  6. #106
    Educator
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 10:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    675

    Re: G.O.P. Leaders in House Pull Tax Bill, Citing Lack of Votes

    Budget? We don't need no stinking budget.

  7. #107
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: G.O.P. Leaders in House Pull Tax Bill, Citing Lack of Votes

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    It is really easy to figure out the motivations of congress critters, simply follow the money. Money controls the congress critters; they control the out-flow (of funds borrowed and/or taxed) in return for in-flow (campaign contributions and "support" groups, aka lobbysts). All federal spending is either to support campaign cash or to keep "critical" voting blocks on board, more for the former than the latter, but both are vitally important for re-election. Note that, even in "bad" times, the re-election rate is well over 80%, so "change" is virtually impossible; even when change does occur, it is more likely in the primary elections than in the general election. So few voters ever draw a connection between "their" congress critter and "the problem"; they tend to dislike congress in general yet like (or at least tolerate) their own party/state/district representative enough to keep them.

    Yeah, that's 101, but 'we the people' have forgotten who really controls the power in DC. As a result enough of the electorate has ceded their voice to stuffed shirts, and platitude riddled buffoons that couldn't figure their way out of a wet paper bag. Worse yet they let the MSM dictate their own thoughts through talking point blather that controls them like lemmings across this country. I mean just take a look at the postings on this forum. Just pick one thread in any board, and I can probably not only tell you how it will progress through the thread, but even make each posters argument before they make it based solely on what is said on the 24/7 vomit fest that is cable news channels.

    We are being led by the nose to slaughter, and not one among us has the balls to stand up and say enough. How bad does it have to get? Extinction of repubs? Extinction of demo's? Extinction of America as a free people in exchange for communism of any stripe? What about my children, and grand children?

    Our parents, and grand parents weep from their graves.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #108
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,544

    Re: G.O.P. Leaders in House Pull Tax Bill, Citing Lack of Votes

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Yeah, that's 101, but 'we the people' have forgotten who really controls the power in DC. As a result enough of the electorate has ceded their voice to stuffed shirts, and platitude riddled buffoons that couldn't figure their way out of a wet paper bag. Worse yet they let the MSM dictate their own thoughts through talking point blather that controls them like lemmings across this country. I mean just take a look at the postings on this forum. Just pick one thread in any board, and I can probably not only tell you how it will progress through the thread, but even make each posters argument before they make it based solely on what is said on the 24/7 vomit fest that is cable news channels.

    We are being led by the nose to slaughter, and not one among us has the balls to stand up and say enough. How bad does it have to get? Extinction of repubs? Extinction of demo's? Extinction of America as a free people in exchange for communism of any stripe? What about my children, and grand children?

    Our parents, and grand parents weep from their graves.
    Reality is not that which was planned for, but that which actually exists. Reality is that "we the sheeple" are in control only on paper, we are offered a choice between corrupt moron #1 and corrupt moron #2 and told to "choose wisely". Any real change must occur at the primary election level, a process often skipped entirely for incumbents, as they are "to rich to fail". Gridlock in DC is by design, and both parties can always blame the other as we get ever more gov't control (or at least spending), yet we still pretend to be in charge.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  9. #109
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: G.O.P. Leaders in House Pull Tax Bill, Citing Lack of Votes

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Reality is not that which was planned for, but that which actually exists. Reality is that "we the sheeple" are in control only on paper, we are offered a choice between corrupt moron #1 and corrupt moron #2 and told to "choose wisely". Any real change must occur at the primary election level, a process often skipped entirely for incumbents, as they are "to rich to fail". Gridlock in DC is by design, and both parties can always blame the other as we get ever more gov't control (or at least spending), yet we still pretend to be in charge.
    Depending on who the candidates are in 14, and 16, I may decide to stick to local political campaigns. Time to rebuild from the ground up...I know my money will not go national anymore.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #110
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: G.O.P. Leaders in House Pull Tax Bill, Citing Lack of Votes

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Plan B was a stupid stunt, however Boehner had to find out what his caucus would accept. But it did highlight a definite hypocrisy in the demo mouthfoaming, and that is that the report as of late was that Obama was willing to go up to $400 Billion income as far as taxation, then when Boehner pulled the bill he builds up to a press conference where everyone thinks that a deal may be in the offing only to have Obama smugly pronounce that nothing has been reached, and he goes back to his dumb ass 2% language.

    And Harry Reid standing next to him like he is some kind of advisor with knowledge, what a buffoon. Hell, he can't even get a budget through the senate. BTW, where is that budget anyway? You know its been 5 years since a budget was passed. Ya know, I don't think demo's have a clue, they can't get a budget, Obama can't even bring his own caucus around to any kind of real cuts in spending, and instead of being serious about what is facing our country, Obama and the clowns who support him are throwing a temper tantrum over people making more money than they do...What a bunch if children.

    So, what is the deal? Well, the sequester will be a fact, and although the military will see significant cuts, so will y'all's precious social welfare entitlements. Taxes will go up on everyone, and nearly a million more jobs will be lost. Then repubs in congress can come back in and pass a bill to lower the tax rates permanently and you demo's lose the narrative...Unfortunately not before your tax and spend policies destroy what little economy we have left....Hopefully America will wake up and send you guys packing for another 100 years.



    The only thing that i see that pertains to what we were discussing,and that is an oblique reference at most, is our bloated military spending.SIGNIFICANT CUTS. whoopee,about time.we don't have a need for a $134.5 million plane. That's what the F-35 will cost with its $22 million engine.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •