Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 472

Thread: Bin Laden film attacked for 'perpetuating torture myth'

  1. #31
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:45 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,338
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Bin Laden film attacked for 'perpetuating torture myth'

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Sure....Why not? Is it against the rules?
    It would not be against the rules, but it would be pretty stupid. I am thinking the point went over your head.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #32
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Bin Laden film attacked for 'perpetuating torture myth'

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    My misreading? Or your purposely piss poor articulation? You are pathetically dishonest Joe, I think for the best we are both done replying to each other for a while.
    I think it was fairly clear, and others above seemed to get it. But, when confused, it is not bad form to ask a valid question for clarification.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #33
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Bin Laden film attacked for 'perpetuating torture myth'

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Best article I can find on this:
    Best article you can find on the matter eh....How convenient that is bolsters your point of view....Wow....*shakes head....*

    images-5.jpeg
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #34
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:45 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,338
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Bin Laden film attacked for 'perpetuating torture myth'

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Best article you can find on the matter eh....How convenient that is bolsters your point of view....Wow....*shakes head....*

    images-5.jpeg
    On the other hand, it was much better than the articles you found bolstering your point of view. I know, it is really inconvienient that I base my point of view on facts, and not opinions of politicians who I agree with.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #35
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Bin Laden film attacked for 'perpetuating torture myth'

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    On the other hand, it was much better than the articles you found bolstering your point of view. I know, it is really inconvienient that I base my point of view on facts, and not opinions of politicians who I agree with.

    that's you opinion...the subject is in dispute, and controversial. So, that you think only you have the correct opinion really speaks to your objectivity.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #36
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Bin Laden film attacked for 'perpetuating torture myth'

    Just want to check something. Words or a politician saying they were used and gained info from them is untrustworthy because its a politician with a political motivation to say that

    But a politician whose been staunchly anti torture to any degree for decades is inherently trustworthy and reliable in his statements because he agreed with someone who he usually agrees with on this issue?

    That makes TONS of sense....

  7. #37
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Bin Laden film attacked for 'perpetuating torture myth'

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Just want to check something. Words or a politician saying they were used and gained info from them is untrustworthy because its a politician with a political motivation to say that

    But a politician whose been staunchly anti torture to any degree for decades is inherently trustworthy and reliable in his statements because he agreed with someone who he usually agrees with on this issue?

    That makes TONS of sense....
    Certainly not what I'm saying. But torture is not new, has been greatly studied. Libraries are full of material on this. The unreliability of torture is well documented. I suggest not what any politician says (though McCain has above average cred.), but cutlasses, verifiable evidence is what should matter.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #38
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: Bin Laden film attacked for 'perpetuating torture myth'

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    Bin Laden film attacked for 'perpetuating torture myth'

    So, apparently three senators are upset that a Hollywood movie is less than 100% factually accurate. In other news, one M. Mouse is revealed to be a cartoon rodent and dinosaurs can't really be cloned from DNA locked in amber for millions of years.

    Really? Is this what members of Congress are drawing a salary for doing?
    If it isn't my old nemisis... Andalublue
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  9. #39
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,047

    Re: Bin Laden film attacked for 'perpetuating torture myth'

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    allow me to finish the sentence for you:
    It really is unfortunate that "advanced interrogation methods" actually work to motivate the opposition
    The opposition is already motivated...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  10. #40
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Bin Laden film attacked for 'perpetuating torture myth'

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    The opposition is already motivated...
    Which doesn't preclude motivating those who would not have been inclined otherwise. We're not dealing with a set membership.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •