Page 38 of 48 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 472

Thread: Bin Laden film attacked for 'perpetuating torture myth'

  1. #371
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,409

    Re: Bin Laden film attacked for 'perpetuating torture myth'

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You are wrong, and you cannot prove your claim.
    You are wrong, and you cannot prove your claim. I'm not gonna play childish games. Torture for verifiable information works, whether that hurts your personal sensitivity or not. And if some guy has the combination to the time bomb about to blow your family away, you know what you would do.
    Last edited by ecofarm; 01-07-13 at 11:58 AM.

  2. #372
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,409

    Re: Bin Laden film attacked for 'perpetuating torture myth'

    What I find amazing is that some people can claim:

    1. Terrorists have no option and are pushed into targetting civilians.
    2. The US was not pushed into torturing the top three terrorists in custody for verifiable information during the aftermath of 9/11.

    Both, together, in the same intellectual mush of a so-called personal philosophy.


    This is what happens when people don't really understand 'relative morality'.
    Last edited by ecofarm; 01-07-13 at 12:07 PM.

  3. #373
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Bin Laden film attacked for 'perpetuating torture myth'

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    You are wrong, and you cannot prove your claim. I'm not gonna play childish games. Torture for verifiable information works, whether that hurts your personal sensitivity or not. And if some guy has the combination to the time bomb about to blow your family away, you know what you would do.
    You made the claim, you are not backing it up. Color me surprised...
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #374
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,409

    Re: Bin Laden film attacked for 'perpetuating torture myth'

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You made the claim, you are not backing it up. Color me surprised...
    I consider it basic understanding. Most people can separate torture for confession from torture for verifiable information. Those who can't? Oh well. Same with the ticking time bomb. Most people can see what they would do to someone who was refusing to give the combination to a bomb about to blow their family away. Those who can't? Oh well.

    I'm not getting into a citation war with you. You'll just claim that my sources have bad methods and/or conclusions. I can rely on common sense, logic and reason. This is an easy debate - all of its facets are obvious to most people. Some people deny that some of those facets exist (regardless of sources), I can't help them.

    Seek your truth, I've said my piece.
    Last edited by ecofarm; 01-07-13 at 12:21 PM.

  5. #375
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Bin Laden film attacked for 'perpetuating torture myth'

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    I consider it common sense. Most people can separate torture for confession from torture for verifiable information. Those who can't? Oh well. Same with the ticking time bomb. Most people can see what they would do to someone who was refusing to give the combination to a bomb about to blow their family away. Those who can't? Oh well.

    I'm not getting into a citation war with you. You'll just claim that my sources have bad methods and/or conclusions. I can rely on common sense, logic and reason. This is an easy debate - all of its facets are obvious to most people. Some people deny that some of those facets exist (regardless of sources), I can't help them.

    Seek your truth, I've said my piece.
    So you claim it is a fact, because you say it is. Pardon me if I don't take your word for it. Do you have any more claims you would like me to take your word for? Is Obama really a space alien? Is Bush part of the Illuminati secretly controlling the word?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #376
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,409

    Re: Bin Laden film attacked for 'perpetuating torture myth'

    Redress, not everyone is gonna hold your hand through every tough issue. I feel my burden of proof is satisfied. You don't? I don't care. I'm not here just for you, and I've no expectation of you listening to or learning from anything I post.

    Good day.

  7. #377
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Bin Laden film attacked for 'perpetuating torture myth'

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Redress, not everyone is gonna hold your hand through every tough issue. I feel my burden of proof is satisfied. You don't? I don't care. I'm not here just for you, and I've no expectation of you listening to or learning from anything I post.

    Good day.
    No one is asking for a hand holding. Something more than "because I say so" is all.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #378
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,409

    Re: Bin Laden film attacked for 'perpetuating torture myth'

    Because you should know so, most people do. It's pretty obvious.

  9. #379
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:41 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,302

    Re: Bin Laden film attacked for 'perpetuating torture myth'

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Wow, they would tie you up, and hook your genitals to a voltage source in a nano second, yet you defend them against those trying to protect you? That's gratitude for ya.
    I demand to see your link proving that. Photos would be good.

  10. #380
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:41 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,302

    Re: Bin Laden film attacked for 'perpetuating torture myth'

    Isn't "waterboarding" specifically addressed as torture and illegal under the Geneva Conventions that the USA is signatory to?

Page 38 of 48 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •