Page 37 of 48 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 472

Thread: Bin Laden film attacked for 'perpetuating torture myth'

  1. #361
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,276

    Re: Bin Laden film attacked for 'perpetuating torture myth'

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Fact: Torture works for verifiable information.
    Fact: In a ticking time bomb scenario, torture for verifiable information is a moral obligation.


    Your blanket statements cannot keep you warm.
    Pure nonsense!

  2. #362
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Bin Laden film attacked for 'perpetuating torture myth'

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    Jesus Christ. Thank god you're not in charge of anything regarding this. So yes, then, we're in agreement : it can be useful and effective sometimes. Great.

    Allah only knows why it wad like pulling teeth to get there.
    No, we're not. Read what I wrote about effectiveness or lack there of. You can argue with someone f you don't know what was said.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #363
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,371

    Re: Bin Laden film attacked for 'perpetuating torture myth'

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    Pure nonsense!
    Pure truth, which some cannot handle. Go ahead, cling to naive notions about absolute morality, probably while decrying the importance of understanding such in regard to terrorists (a misrepresentation of the concept).

  4. #364
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,276

    Re: Bin Laden film attacked for 'perpetuating torture myth'

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Pure truth, which some cannot handle. Go ahead, cling to naive notions about absolute morality, probably while decrying the importance of understanding such in regard to terrorists (a misrepresentation of the concept).
    The 2 biggest terrorism-practicing governments in the world are the US and Israeli governments.

    When war is declared in accordance with legal principles, I understand killing and maiming of humans. Yes, war is hell.

    But otherwise, in my moral code, assaulting another human is illegal. I understand that in your moral code, assaulting another human is just fine, as long as some government employee tells you it's OK.

    Copy. Yes, the world is populated by a number of moral midgets.

  5. #365
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,371

    Re: Bin Laden film attacked for 'perpetuating torture myth'

    This is very simple:

    Torture for verifiable information works. That is a fact. Torturing someone for verifiable information during a ticking time bomb scenario (which the aftermath of 911 was) is a moral imperative.

  6. #366
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:02 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,316
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Bin Laden film attacked for 'perpetuating torture myth'

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    This is very simple:

    Torture for verifiable information works. That is a fact. Torturing someone for verifiable information during a ticking time bomb scenario (which the aftermath of 911 was) is a moral imperative.
    I do not think that word "fact" means what you think it does. It is not a synonym for "my opinion".
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #367
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,371

    Re: Bin Laden film attacked for 'perpetuating torture myth'

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I do not think that word "fact" means what you think it does. It is not a synonym for "my opinion".
    No, I mean fact. Undeniable empirical evidence demonstrates such clearly. Ask the mob.

  8. #368
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:02 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,316
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Bin Laden film attacked for 'perpetuating torture myth'

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    No, I mean fact. Undeniable empirical evidence demonstrates such clearly. Ask the mob.
    That would be false.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #369
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,371

    Re: Bin Laden film attacked for 'perpetuating torture myth'

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    That would be false.
    Torture for verifiable information works. Deny that all you want, but you're just ignoring the verifiable part.

    Regarding the ticking time bomb, there is obviously no question as to what someone should do.

  10. #370
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:02 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,316
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Bin Laden film attacked for 'perpetuating torture myth'

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Torture for verifiable information works. Deny that all you want, but you're just ignoring the verifiable part.

    Regarding the ticking time bomb, there is obviously no question as to what someone should do.
    You are wrong, and you cannot prove your claim.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 37 of 48 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •